mrcp6d

[O-E11] Shuttle Runs in the Fascini Cluster

Tags: Vehicle, Spaceship, Land Vehicle, Exploration, Civil

21917277930_8db832c249_c.jpg

--Weekly Explorer's Transmission--

--Log of Eagle-Eye Silver--

--12 Oktobrinali 3815--

After Kawashita spent some time mining Sector E11, a treaty was struck to share the awesomnium-rich asteroid field between Kawashita and Octan Corp. The sharing agreement gives Octan Corp. the opportunity to acquire the precious resource. I’ve been piloting an OT-14 Zelus dropship-style shuttle this past week making cargo runs between the large asteroids in the Fascini Cluster. It’s fairly menial work, confirming a different manifest a few times a day and running between asteroid and fleet endlessly. At least the Zelus is nimble and quick. The four Pegasus TFG thrusters are controlled independently by the flight control computer and that vectoring makes for impressive maneuverability for landing and docking as well as at high speed. There’re even rumors of Octan SpecOps modifying some of these shuttles for their use, and of course painting them black. After piloting this thing for a week, I can certainly see the appeal.

--End--

I really need to build more in the week! :hmpf: More pics tomorrow-ish, I need some sleep...

This is a great build! The shuttle is great. I like the engine configuration. I wish we could see more.

It looks like Octan has neglectfully spread asteroid fungus spores to the fascini cluster though :wink:

Great layout and lots of fantastic details. I really like the robot, NPU. and the other vehicles and containers are really well done. I also like the lights you used, it all looks very appropriate for this type of scene.

Awesome! :wub: Landing pad looks great, can't wait to see more shots of the dropship. I may have to "borrow" that floodlight design sometime... :devil:

Oh snap! Didn't see this! Somehow slipped through my radar! This is gorge-e-ous! :wub: I live the whole thing! And the layering is great! That platform is stellar and I really like the use of the grid parts up and down like that! And the ships and ramp are also wonderful!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

This is a great build! The shuttle is great. I like the engine configuration. I wish we could see more.

It looks like Octan has neglectfully spread asteroid fungus spores to the fascini cluster though :wink:

Thanks SpacerSteve! Yeah, sorry we did some invasive species planting :grin:

Great layout and lots of fantastic details. I really like the robot, NPU. and the other vehicles and containers are really well done. I also like the lights you used, it all looks very appropriate for this type of scene.

Awesome! :wub: Landing pad looks great, can't wait to see more shots of the dropship. I may have to "borrow" that floodlight design sometime... :devil:

Thanks goatman & medium - the lights will fall over without some counterbalancing, hence the "power-packs" near the bottom to move the CG backwards.

This is a great build, good detail. really like the landing dock :thumbup:

That's one cool landing pad. :thumbup:

So many nice details throughout! All I will say at the moment is: Yes, please- more pictures! :wink:

Great build! Lots of activity!

Thanks guys!

Oh snap! Didn't see this! Somehow slipped through my radar! This is gorge-e-ous! :wub: I live the whole thing! And the layering is great! That platform is stellar and I really like the use of the grid parts up and down like that! And the ships and ramp are also wonderful!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

lol - thanks Danny!

The judges awarded you 5 points.

Aww, I figured this might have been a 6. :tongue:

If I can quit working 15 hour days in the office sometime this week, I'll get some more pics up!

Edited by mrcp6d