Sign in to follow this  
SpacerSteve

[M-DO2] Exploration of asteroid G986-6

Exploration log: M first assignment out of M.A.N.T.I.S training was to explore the uncharted Barker's Folly asteroid belt in search of awesomnium. Landing my Stalker craft next to a small depression I get out and begin the search on foot.

At the beginning of the exploration of the depression I discover the remains of an old asteroid prospector holding a system map. He wont be needing that anymore. It might hold some useful information.

EkhrR1.jpg

I must be close. Starting to drill into the side of the depression.

56rbLt.jpg

Eureka! I have struck a small vein of awesomnium! This Rock looks good for further processing by M.A.N.T.I.S top engineers.

Xi1Knw.jpg

Setting up the signal beacon.

An overall view of the build

Off to explore the rest of the asteroid belt. I will analyze the system map back at M.A.N.T.I.S headquarters. For M.A.N.T.I.S!

End Transmission:

Edited by SpacerSteve

You've got some really cool pieces of space tech in this MOC SpacerSteve. And, the cowboy hat is great!

Anybody who explores space in a cowboy hat is alright by me! Great scene and nice story.

Nicely done Explorer SpacerSteve! Great story and detailed build. Neat idea with the old asteroid prospector; his system map should be of great use to us. :devil:

You've got some really cool pieces of space tech in this MOC SpacerSteve. And, the cowboy hat is great!

We really do have the best tech in M.A.N.T.I.S. None of that Made in Kawashita stuff here.

You Mantis guys had a slow start the first week, but builds are popping out everywhere. Nice one SpacerSteve!

This build really tells a story. Great rock work and narrative!