Sign in to follow this  
WickNole

[SoNE Ep. VII] "Before we leave this planet..."

This is the next chapter of Wick Nole's story.

Introduction. [soNE Freebuild] The Story Begins

Chapter 1. [soNE Freebuild] A Fine Delivery

Chapter 2. [soNE Freebuild] Unexpected Arrival

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Some moments after escaping the Imperial patrol...

The smugglers (at least this is the only thing about them Wick was sure of) were preparing for the hyperspace jump, and Wick suddenly thought that they may not return to Corellia for some time. In such case there was a thing he would very much like to do.

15590510406_0592bb3e1e_q.jpg

- "Before we leave this place..."

15615010032_064cafc968_q.jpg

- "What?!?!"

15590510406_0592bb3e1e_q.jpg

- "There is one place, not far from here, that I believe is worth visiting. You may even find it "interesting" in case you decide to continue your business here someday."

- "I'll pay you good money if you get me there."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The ship landed on a plateau near the place Wick had chosen. As the team walked out, Wick had taken the ancient-looking key and suddenly the small door opened in the ground - the key seemed to be both a guiding beacon and a remote control from the place and the door.

16014008867_8170508bda_c.jpg

The place was an old cave converted to vault. The Nole family had used it for many years, and Wick had continued this tradition.

As others were preparing to transport Wick's possessions to the ship, Wick was briefly telling the story of this place and the oddly-shaped key to the captain and remembering some details about the days long gone.

16012528040_24bcb3c0ca_c.jpg

15577478304_4d09c4af8f_c.jpg

16198017971_3f9b2a90a0_c.jpg

As the ship was finally leaving Corellia, Wick remembered the first time his dad showed him the cave and had given him his own copy of the key. All these years ago he could not have thought that one day this would be the only place to safely store most of his assets as his main house in the city was emptied or destroyed by the Empire (or would be in the nearest future).

15579977023_a3276a5f42_c.jpg

16198970902_6f6f1bed5d_c.jpg

16197990421_63cbf0656b_c.jpg

As I would also like to show some additional details about these two scenes, some additional WIP pictures are to be added later in the separate comment.

Edited by WickNole

Really dig the present scene! The part of the ship is a good idea, love the vault and the foliage is well done also. Good story too. Though it was heavily biased against the peaceful and benevolent Empire. ;) Good work Rebel!

Great!

You have used the size perfectly!

I can only say really good work at the two MOC`s!

markus

Great rock work and use of vegetation. The shape and style of each build is very interesting, too. I do wish that there was a little more going on in the past scene, but it is beautifully done.

Is the top of the present scene a mirror copy of its 16x16 section in the past scene? It looks like it is and that is really creative and awesome. It's as if your heirloom is not really the key but the whole cave itself (and maybe the purse, too). I also really like the storage inside that cave. Wish we could see it at the opposite angle.

Nice catch! :thumbup:

It is not the copy, though. The "past" scene is designed and built as the surrounding location to a "present" scene. And this middle part with a hatch is present on both scenes. If you look closer to the pictures of "past" scene, you'll also notice that the landscape is floating above the white background, and not lie on it.

The same underground part on the "past" scene could be seen here. I 've decided not to show this in the initial post.

16013780859_ce7264b3dc_c.jpg

And that was the exact thing I wanted to show on some additional WIP pictures. Hope to do that tomorrow.

Edited by WickNole

Creative idea, with combining the builds together. Had something similar in mind, but was to busy building other stuff...

And you executed the idea really good. Especially your photography is outstanding !

Another great entry. I like the idea that the heirloom is not only an object but also a location. That's very unique. And the builds are excellent. Good to have you on the right side.

Edited by Jacob Nion