Sebeus I

Kahuka Temple

[pid][/pid]234C

You might have seen this temple before in my first entry of the TOR III (the dramatic sculpture incident).

I heavely relied on a raised baseplate for the temple architecture, overall it's a pretty simple creation.

Some people really don't like the use of raised baseplates, burps and lurps while I think they're perfect when you don't have a lot of parts to spare, like I do, I'm currently in some sort of crisis, an old/new Gray crisis, I have too few of either to build something of decent size and I hate to combine them :pir_bawling: .

dsc08205.jpg

dsc08481.jpg

The stone kahuka head was simply copied from the official Islander sets.

dsc08477.jpg

dsc08484.jpg

Commander RedHat and other redcoats will remember this place :devil: .

dsc08488.jpg

dsc08489.jpg

dsc08479.jpg

The Dramatic Sculpture.

dsc08210.jpg

Attack! (this picture didn't make it to the final comic, had to make a selection to qualify for the 10 panel limit.)

More pictures in my Brickshelf Gallery.

While I was browsing my brickshelf gallery I stumbled upon this picture of my old imperial port.

imperial_fort.jpg

More pictures at mocpages, if interested.

This is awesome! Excellent use of the raised baseplate. I really like the sculpture. It's nice to see more Islander MOCs.

:jollyroger:

Nice! :thumbup: . I agree, the raised baseplate fits nicely in with the whole temple feel :classic: .

the piramidal design it's great! I feel that has a great mix between the sphinx and a pyramid, but with an islander flavor!

Very nice! I like the Pyramid Design of the temple. But obviously, the Redcoats would take their sabres and slice through the wooden bars of their confinement, we all know that! :wink:

Nice one! :thumbup:

I feel mixing the light greys is OK, but the dark ones differ too much for a clean look. But when making rocky or stone things, does it really matter that much....?

I love it how your building style tries to reflect the classic 90s style official sets - no silly SNOTting or overuse of tiles. Just good, well done, creative models. Love your imperial port ! Wow !

Good to see some Islander MOC's !

The baseplate fits really well in this scenery