The Chosen One

[MOC] The Antidermis Vat

Hello, ladies and gentlemen.

Today I wanna show u my MOC for some contest. The idea of this contest was smth like "build smth like Makuta's equipment", so I decided to build a well-known Antidermis Vat (a place, where the spirit of Teridax situated, when he had no physical body, only smth like green substation). So u can see it. =^__^=

Preview photo:

1photo_800.jpg

All photos are here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=522189

Hope u enjoy this MOC. =)

uhh, the picture didn't show up, and the brickshelf link can't be viewed either ? is it just me?

The folder is still not public at the time of writing.

However, from what I can see in the picture, I think you got the look of the Antidermis vat down pretty well. Or at least, how it appeared in the comics, anyway.

I like the use of the Krakkhan here, even though in the books it says the 'Mask of Shadows' was lost by the Piraka(they didn't have it on them when they came to Voya Nui), but I could see it viewed as maybe a carving, signifying Makuta's essence took domain here.

I really like the build around the base, with all those spikes, and the tubing and claws 'holding' the vat in place.

What was used for the tank itself?

Really impressive representation here. I really like it :D

I know that much, DraikNova. I was just saying that the Piraka didn't have it on Voya Nui, so the mask on the vat must me a carving of some sort.

Did Makuta (Teridax) ever take back the Mask of Shadows himself? That much I do not know.

This MOC is amazing! It's not often that you see inanimate objects or architecture built with BIONICLE, but you've done a fantastic job. It looks just like an Antidermis vat from the comics! :wub:

If you can, I recommend that you replace the blue pins with black ones, since they distract from an otherwise perfectly sinister colour-scheme.

Welcome to the forums as well! I'd also like to politely remind you to take care with your grammar and capitalization, since it keeps the forum posts tidier and easier to read. Thanks!

finally, i can see it! and, WOW. that thing just awesome! *oh2*

Thank you, bacem, for your comment) I am glad you enjoyed my MOC.

Wow. Beautiful and intricate detailing. What did you use for the antidermis itself?

I used simple water, mixed with green and yellow gouache. BTW there is a lamp in the bottom on the construction, so it can be lighted. :D

This MOC is amazing! It's not often that you see inanimate objects or architecture built with BIONICLE, but you've done a fantastic job. It looks just like an Antidermis vat from the comics! :wub:

If you can, I recommend that you replace the blue pins with black ones, since they distract from an otherwise perfectly sinister colour-scheme.

Welcome to the forums as well! I'd also like to politely remind you to take care with your grammar and capitalization, since it keeps the forum posts tidier and easier to read. Thanks!

Thank you! =^___^=

Ye, blue ping are stand out, but I have no time to go to the shop (cuz it's a MOC on some contest and I had a limit of time to build it), where I can bought normal black pins, so I was able to use blue ones. =(

Sure I will try not to make many mistakes, but my english is too bad to use it in full power, cuz I learn it only is school as a foreign language. But I will try. :]

Great MOC! You've done a great job resembling the comic version, and the use of Krakaan is just fantastic looking!

Thank you for your comment. =)

Probably the most unique Makuta-related moc I've seen. Never before has there been an actual antidermis vat moc to my knowledge!

Great work, I've never seen a MOC of this before!

Thank you, Agent Fusion!

Probably the most unique Makuta-related moc I've seen. Never before has there been an actual antidermis vat moc to my knowledge!

Ah, many thanks.)

Wow, that's awesome! Good work on the details. I really like them. In fact, I like whole this MOC.

-H.unter

Love the MOC, I remember when I had read the books when they first came out and pictured the vat almost exactly like this... Thanks for bringing back some nostalgia.

This is an awesome moc! Would you mind if I used these pictures to represent the antidermis vat in a full length Bionicle film I am making? The film is called "Bionicle Ignition: Island of Doom", and will tell the 2006 story in the form of stop motion. I would of course give you credit.