Jodocus

A New Home (Falcon Rock)

While Fool keeps mumbling about his banner Red and Yellow, and it being perfectly ok to keep Red and Yellow since they are his FAVOURITE COLOURS, Jester lives in anticipation. What will their new home be like? Will their new lord's home be a real castle? After all, Fame, Fortune and Living Large starts with a home of some importance...

Finally they arrive at Falcon Rock...

hpim0945.jpg

hpim0991.jpg

hpim0992.jpg

hpim0955.jpg

While Jester and Fool are waving frantically at their new home...

hpim0968.jpg

... and the lord of the manor suddenly wonders whether he made the right decision...

hpim0969.jpg

... one of the guards already knows where he's going to house these fools... :pir-wink:

hpim0987.jpg

hpim0972.jpg

hpim0996.jpg

hpim1000.jpg

Now that they've got a true Mitgardian roof over their heads... will they at least behave???

To be continued! :pir-laugh:

Excellent. I like how you've taken the old school and added some new with the wooden structures on top of the tower. :thumbup:

Yeah.. you give me the feeling that.. every moc you make.. you just broke down all the sets you have since you were a kid & just started rummaging about with these..

and how :).. love the layout, love the story, love the utter lolz !

great use of huge panels & snot :)

Great use of all those castle panels, the build feels like it would fit right in with castle sets from the 80s, yet still is a nicely detailed MOC :wub:

The snow effects on the roofs are excellent, and I like the layout of the castle :classic:

I agree with the other comments, your "1980's style meets the 2010's style"-MOCs are a style of their own :classic:

In this MOC I especially like the wooden structures and the snow and ice on the roofs and crenelations.

Thanks for all your positive comments! :blush:

Just trying to bring out what's in my mind's eye the best way I can... really enjoying myself building and sharing the results with you guys!! Thanks again.

Never was one to be on forums, but you all make a newbe feel welcome and free to express :sweet: .

You're great!

To Jeroenaa:

You might wanna try and visit my Brickshelf page:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=536490

Hope you'll be able to access the pictures this way :wink:

Never was one to be on forums, but you all make a newbe feel welcome and free to express :sweet: .

You're great!

I frequent a lot of forums, and most of them have pushed me away because of the inane behaviour, but Eurobricks (and especially GoH itself) is a great community.

To Jeroenaa:

You might wanna try and visit my Brickshelf page:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=536490

Hope you'll be able to access the pictures this way :wink:

Thanks! I can see them now, and they look cool! Nice details, the snow looks great, just a lovely moc!

I wish I was born before the 80's instead of 95, so I could have the falcon sets. Now I have to do with crownies, and vikings, and kingdoms. But the falcons are so much better :(

Jeroenaa: I bought my falcon sets in 2004 (when they had done the "legends" re-release of the Black Falcons Fortress), so you were just not wishing for the right sets in your childhood :wink:

Edited by Gideon

In 2004 I was 9, and more into city and creator. When I went to Legoland for the first time, I was 11 orso and saw the viking sets and then the love for medieval themes was born. When I was around 16 I discovered Lego sites (brickset, eurobricks...) , so before that I didn't even know about those sets. If I did know about them I would have asked for them. So, yeah, I didn't ask for the right sets.

Jeroenaa, to be honest... After I totally fell for Classic Castle, I've bought a lot of my Classic Lego collection through Bricklink: from 2 vintage sets to seperate Falcon figs. I did have some classic lego from the 80's, but not nearly enough :wink: . So I bought my first big Falcon set second-hand 2 years ago. Therefore, if you really want to have something else next to your crownies and kingdoms figs: check out Bricklink.com. Prices are ok, and if you order from sellers that live in the same country as you do, you can save some money on the postage. After that: just mix old and new and have fun!

Thanks! I am sure there live some people here in The Netherlands (yes, I live there too) that will sell to me! But first I need money. I just spend all of it on the new the Hobbit sets. I already know bricklink, never bought of it though. I might aswell give it a try, right?

Yeah. Just give it a try. I did. Not disappointed. There are more than enough sellers you can choose from! :wink:

Ok, but what set to start with? I can make a new topic about that, so more eurobrickers can reply, but I wanted to hear your opinion first.

I'd buy the Black Falcon's Fortress from 1986, you get 6 minifigs in one go.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?pg=1&itemID=4669&sz=10&searchSort=P

You could also buy the re-issued edition from 2002, but this might be more expensive.

After that, you could buy some seperate Falcons (that's' what I did)

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?pg=1&itemID=7855&sz=10&searchSort=P

or go for the smaller sets...

Good luck!!

Thanks! I was thinking about this set, or the one with 3 falcons and 3 lions in it. This one is very nice, once I get the money I will buy it! Two knights, two archers and two spearmen, nice start of an army!

Great work as always! The wooden structure is looking really good! And as others have said before me; 1980 feat 2013 is great!!!

I really like this fresh and funny approach to this sometimes rather dead serious GoH project. Suppose we could all laugh about ourselves more often! Nice classic feel!