Sign in to follow this  
gmshades

Bionicle sets - to sell or keep?

Hey guys, I bought a box full of bionicle sets for cheap. It has about a dozen sets in it. None of them are 100% complete, and not instructions/boxes. I thought about selling them individually or as a lot on ebay, but it seems they don't have enough value to make it worth it.

My other option is to strip them and keep the technic pieces. Many parts are rare technic parts, so I would get my moneys worth of spare parts, and figure out what to do with the rest.

My question is if you came across a bionicle lot, what would you do with them?

I usually separate into technic vs. else, keep the technic, and then the bionicle go into sorted bags ... I never thought I'd get much use of the bionicle parts, but then Mahjqa has a couple of mocs that use such 'rare' parts. What I'm saying is, you never know when such parts could come in handy.

Edited by DrJB

I just sorted a bunch of Bionicle myself.

I stripped out all the common technic pieces and sorted them into my trays then piled all the Bionicle bits into one tub, if I need a strange piece one day I can always open the tub and see if something will be useful. :classic:

Keep them! I sold mine when I was a kid to buy technic sets.. Today I regret this since the technic pieces in those set are very useful (I did buy myself a few of those again on bricklink lately)

I did the same thing. All in all Bionicle sets were great for Bionicle, but not much else. I've got a bin full of spare parts where I keep Bionicle parts, though I need to go through and remove the flex axles and tubes at some point.