Mafia Sunset - Day 2: Deus Ex Machina

Players only, please!

11895468354_a1fb349b2d_o.png

~~~

June 6th, 1985

The Malone Estate, Puesta Del Sol, Nocturno Island

Midnight

14405540451_c8b1f48504_o.png

Mei-Zhen's mutilated body hangs from a palm tree, strung up by a vine. Her face has been scraped off and she's missing a couple of limbs.

14222261479_a1189b6ae6_o.png

Ferrari looks up at the body and purrs.

14222261489_20177117dc_o.png

Apart from the cat's satisfied noise, however, the mansion is silent...

~~~

June 7th, 1985

The Malone Estate, Puesta Del Sol, Nocturno Island

Early Morning

14222466197_3bd2b71d3c_o.png

Tam grimaces at the disgusting remains of the Chinese servant that he's cut down from the tree.

Behind him a group gathers to see if they'd caught Sinclair's murderer.

14407776684_14d99c82dc_o.png

Abbot has to keep Calvin from taking pictures of the corpse.

"'Ey, whadda hell d'ya think ya doin', pal? What are ya, some kinda snoop??"

Tiffany throws up in the background. Nobody knows if its due to the body or to the copious amounts of gin she has already had.

14222296448_c87964623c_o.png

"Well, great job, morons!" a very irritated looking Bernard Malone shouts as he walks into the courtyard.

14429083863_d39922ddca_o.png

"You lynched a loyal Malone! It was obvious from the interrogation that she wasn't in the Bureau, and was in fact very much loyal to the family. My son couldn't help himself, though-"

"Heya!" Colin waves, grinning.

"-and killed her anyway. What a psycho. You bet your megablocks he won't be taking care of the interrogation again!"

14222465477_9e6b409f8c_o.png

"You better bring me a Fed today, or so help me God, there will be trouble!" he growls, shaking his fist at the sky.

~~~

This is the

The Family

14001015267_f60aeb5b28_o.png Bernard W. Malone - The Malone's Godfather; father of Colin and Tam. - NPC

14001015137_1cc22c8080_o.png Thomas "Tam" Malone - Waiter; son of Bernard and brother of Colin. - NPC

14000960429_c3f56a7e40_o.png Colin Malone - Waiter; son of Bernard and brother of Tam - NPC

The Bosses

14000980490_dec985db6c_o.png Tiffany Knightley - Boss of Boston - Played by Trumpetking

14187597364_2eff59cf56_o.png"Fritz" Fitzgerald McCarthy - Boss of New Brickland - played by fhomess

14185042942_586ff6bcd8_o.png Miguel "The Monster" Teixeira - Boss of El Paso - played by Mencot

14000980550_9b32a8dc5c_o.png Benito Fernandez - Boss of Puesta del Sol - played by Bob

14001015257_86c364bc2f_o.png Alan Vaughan - Boss of Las Vegas - played by adventurer1

14187597724_0971a77c33_o.png Abbot Malone - Boss of New York; nephew of Bernard - played by Adam

The Guests

14187637595_cb1e6002d6_o.png Bebe Theodora Jefferson - Model - played by badboytje88

14001015387_bd385065f2_o.png Jasper Norton - Nuclear Physicist - played by jamesn

14000960679_cf23430792_o.png Katalina Lombard - Rocket Scientist - played by Peanuts

14001015347_9d8730c59e_o.png Calvin Normandeau - Bebe's photographer - played by Calanon

14001015327_25d82f868c_o.png Da-Shan Feng - Chinese Businessman - played by def (or whatever his name is now)

14207763393_00cec07d75_o.png Juan Lupe Hidalgo - Paco's bodyguard - played by jluckhaupt

14187597594_993d2b7737_o.png Paco de Villa VIII - Drug Lord - played by Piratedave84

Those for Whom the Sun has Set

14222366498_97f3991a7c_o.png Mei-Zhen Bai - Da Shan's personal attendant - played by Masked Builder - Malone

The Rules:

1. Each player has been given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Malones or the FBI. To win the game, the Malones must eradicate all FBI Agents, while the FBI Agents needs to outnumber all other players. Third Parties have their own win conditions, which are outlined in their role PMs.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to execute a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. You may not vote in public, nor are you allowed to pretend to vote in public (through FoS: Character (Player), etc.). Discussion of voting is fine, but attempts to circumvent my rules here will be dealt with very harshly... Voting is mandatory, and should be done via your role PM. Additionally, there will be no public vote tallies, only a tally of how many votes I have, and how many I still need.

4. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. Voting is always open. The day will end when 72 hours have gone up, or if a unanimous vote has been reached (to save time). After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

5. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the Night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following Day.

6. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or with anyone else. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

7. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

8. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

9. You may not edit your posts.

10. You must post in every Day thread.

11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

12. Violation of the above rules will result in a warning on your first offense, and your removal from the game on your second offense (you will be replaced). *

*(Violation of Rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.)

Edited by Tamamono

Kinda surprised that there was no kill - would the scum really have gone to Da-Shan, or did the protector get lucky with somebody else? Regardless, I'm definitely glad. Mei being town is a bit odd, considering she didn't make any attempt to play or search for the scum team.

Interesting that she turned out as town after all. I'll be talking to the judge about this soon, but I don't know if the judge wants me to reveal him/herself yet.

I'm still suspicious of Katalina and Bebe, though.

Interesting that she turned out as town after all. I'll be talking to the judge about this soon, but I don't know if the judge wants me to reveal him/herself yet.

I'm still suspicious of Katalina and Bebe, though.

A question: Does the above statement mean that you personally know who the judge is?

He's just trying to sound important. I was the judge, and when I had the vibe Katalina was town, I switched it to Mei, because she was being absolutely scummy.

Town, from here on in, stop being scummy! Don't fluff your posts or bandwagon with little reason. It makes things very confusing.

Anyway, that was the second part of my one shot ability, so now I am a vanilla townie.

Sorry I lynched a townie yesterday.

I have zero to impart beyond that, since nobody much is contacting me. I am the cleared townie though, so people should be contacting me.

Well that was an odd ending to a day...

If Speedy is being honest, then the vote change is explained. Also, the revealed votes from yesterday could give us some leads. I agree that it seems odd that there was no night action though, maybe a block occurred?

There are 2 scenarios which I can think of as to why there was no scum kill:

A) scum was blocked

B) the intended target was protected

Either way, this is a good thing!

I have some business to attend to but I will be back in the 'morning' to try and sort out this ordeal.

Either those options, or the scum chose not to kill. Why they wouldn't, I'm not sure of, but it is still a possibility

At this point, everyone who isn't me is suspect... Until we get a scum death, and we can retroactively look at day one.

If town roles don't start contacting me soon, who knows how we organize. Does anybody doubt my towniness?

By the way, I would have called this day, "Deus Ex Blockina."

In my mafia years that was something new, never seen a "judge".

So don´t know much about it but if Da-Shen says it was he that did it then it double clears him as town.

He's just trying to sound important. I was the judge, and when I had the vibe Katalina was town, I switched it to Mei, because she was being absolutely scummy.

Town, from here on in, stop being scummy! Don't fluff your posts or bandwagon with little reason. It makes things very confusing.

Anyway, that was the second part of my one shot ability, so now I am a vanilla townie.

I have zero to impart beyond that, since nobody much is contacting me. I am the cleared townie though, so people should be contacting me.

I have contacted you but don´t worry I am not hurt about you not saying anything back to me, this mask can be a bit scary :sweet: .

Guess we have to do better today in finding scum.

And ps Tiffany, going through all your posts, one by one it seems I made my vote too hasty.

You were one of the persons yesterday that made any sence in their comments and hunting. Ofcourse this doesn´t mean I know that you are town really but judgeing by yesterdays actions you seem more town and I will try to do a better comment analyzing today.

It stinks that Mei-Zhen was a loyal Malone... we'll have to do better today.

But you revealed the vote count and then claimed vanilla?

But you revealed the vote count and then claimed vanilla?

Would you prefer that I announced I had a second part to my role to use later in the day? C'mon, think about it.

I'm not lying this time though, I actually am vanilla now :sweet:

Not saying anything is better than lying or only telling half of the truth, I think.

Would you prefer that I announced I had a second part to my role to use later in the day? C'mon, think about it.

I'm not lying this time though, I actually am vanilla now :sweet:

So you used all your shots on day one... oh well how could you know, nobody knew.

Not saying anything is better than lying or only telling half of the truth, I think.

In your opinion. I'm a fan of misleading scum. I think too :wink:

Still looking at yesterdays comments and trying to figure something out... what do you think about Calvin´s efforts:

This is a totally uncool thing to happen! He seemed like such a nice lad.

Snapping pictures of you with Sinclair? I don't mean to impede on your judgement, but I'm not down with taking pictures of Sinclair like this.

At this stage, any guess is as good as any. I don't think accidentally slipping from posting IC is scummy.

2 comments and the a vote on Alan and the nothing, Okay (not ok-ey) seems people are busy doing something else but hopefuly today (me included) will make comments that try to add something to the game.

So you used all your shots on day one... oh well how could you know, nobody knew.

Yes,

1) we have a map of scum voting on day one,

2) I'm proven town, so I can get protection, and town can confide in me

3) I use it before I'm dead, since, while I might not be first on scum's list, I'm sure I'm higher than many

Some townies use the strategy of role playing and doing nothing, and while theoretically a good strategy for winning, I prefer a different approach. We all best to our own drummer.

By the way, the cop contacted me. They didn't find scum last night. It's a game with a lot of luck involved.

Best> beat

By the way, the cop contacted me. They didn't find scum last night. It's a game with a lot of luck involved.

Best> beat

So nothing of to go on there then.

Did they find anything?

or was the result unsuccesful?

They found a Malone, whose identity will not be revealed. No need to give scum a roadmap.

Good, so something useful atleast

The more Malones that get cleared the better

Seems Calvin stopped by again... but bother to comment

*"didn´t bother to comment" that is

Still looking at yesterdays comments and trying to figure something out... what do you think about Calvin´s efforts:

2 comments and the a vote on Alan and the nothing, Okay (not ok-ey) seems people are busy doing something else but hopefuly today (me included) will make comments that try to add something to the game.

I don't usually have a whole lot to add on day 1 because it is purely guessing, but yes I shall try to be adding more to it form now on.

Good, so something useful atleast

The more Malones that get cleared the better

Seems Calvin stopped by again... but bother to comment

*"didn´t bother to comment" that is

Hey! I was reading through everything and then typed a reply. I didn't leave the topic at any point.

This cop news is good. The more Malones we have cleared the better.

I personally want to hear more from everybody today. An FBI lynch is our top priority and we seem to be among a quiet town. Come on, people, being quiet isn't going to help!

ah Okay (not ok-ey), your name did disappear but good to hear from you.

It appears Speedy has become our checkpoint for info.

As to Calvin, I have the same thoughts on him as with many players, I'd just like to hear more. A quiet board benefits the scum, as it's easier to hide. Hopefully day 2 yields much more beneficial conversation.