Sign in to follow this  
aescarion

Spider-man MOC: Cookies & Milk

Aloha all!

My awesome friend bought me the equally awesome Spidey, Venom & Nick Fury set for my birthday and I loved the Venom and Spidey figures so much I had to do something cool with them. So I made this scene:

16000817562_6180a6255e.jpgSpiderman MOC 2 by republicofben, on Flickr

I wanted to tell a story with a single scene, and also take advantage of the fact that Spider-man is basically a kid with all the normal problems kids have, as well as dudes like Venom gunning for him.

Spidey's face is Emmet from the Lego Movie and Aunt May's hair is Vitruvius'. I couldn't find a better lower half for her so she's wearing a rather frumpy plain brown skirt.

Hope you all like it. This is my first time making a superhero MOC like this and I'd like to do more, especially at this size which has enough space for storytelling without requiring gigantic parts investment.

Great work! I'd say you succeeded in your goals. You can clearly tell what's going on and it's a very typical Spider-Man scene! :thumbup: I think Ma Cop's hairpiece would have been a lot better for Aunt May, but Vitruvius' hair is an interesting choice. Lots of nice detail in Peter's room too. I look forward to seeing more Superhero MOCs from you!

Thanks for the replies, they're very encouraging.

Trying to think of future superhero MOCs - superheroes are good for this sort of thing because lots of people recognise them and will get the story that's being told.

I was thinking one with Batman (I bought the Man-Bat Attack set to get him, oh dear this is how it starts...) sitting pensively in front of the Bat-Computer. Will have to give it some more thought.

Haha! That is awesome. I like how you incorporated an everyday event with something more. I hope to see more from you in the future!

Great scene! I love that she's bringing him milk and cookies. So typically Aunt May.

What about Mrs. Claus's hair? I think I've seen it in the build a minifigure display at the LEGO store, so should be easy to get.