Sign in to follow this  
Demohviid

Your biggest Lego FAIL!?

hi all builders .. I was wondering with so many Lego lovers in one place there must be a lot of good stories out there where it's gone wrong?

I built a wind turbine, it fell, it broke, I was mad.

I have heard of some who built a dinghy full-scale but they havd not thought about that it could go through the door to get out in the garden ..

"Putting a head on a torso, it sits loose. Putting a helmet on. Beheading."

- Exetrius, 2006 :wink:

Edited by Exetrius

Built a awesome RC car... loose control and drive it down a staircase :angry:

Spent months and countless Bricklink orders on building and rebuilding a huge mech.. Put it on the top shelf to take pictures of the finalized version the next day..

Gravitation pull on cat apparently not so big compared to its thrust. Mech was not able to withstand floor impact. Project aborted..

I'm always afraid I'll lose track of an important piece that I'll need later in my build, so I put it in my hand. I then forget it's there and scramble all over looking for it.

I didn't secure the parts of a modular castle I made a few years ago and when I tried moving it, the top towers fell. Luckily I was able to rebuild.

been a few years since a real failure but after my grandmother passed I had a real tough time of it. and one night during a bit of a melt down some part of my brain wanted to throw something, (hey physical activity is proven to lower stress right?) well without looking I grabbed the nearest thing to me which happen to be the support stand to my SSD..... not knowing what I had I swung my arm as hard as I could and all 3000+ pieces spiraled to the floor... and then across the floor. :cry_sad: it took me around 5 hours to rebuild it, and find missing parts. ironically though I now routinely disassemble and rebuild sets when I get overly stressed (though now I actually intend to take them apart and not destroy).

not proud of that night, but looking back it did help.

Tried to move 12V track over without enough disassembly, stress fractures in switch!

That's my dumbest.

Over-buying and under-buying parts on Bricklink. Somehow I have 11 more left white wings than right or visa-versa (anyone want to trade).

Loads of lack of knowledge issues too.

Never enough straight track even when you buy piles of straight track or think that you're over-buying, there's still not enough.

Repeated thing seems to be being the cause of tall things crashing on nearby built sets... Although I tend to drop the sets too.

I should know better already!