shutinc

WIP: Museum

Hello everyone!

For the last couple of months I've been working on a new modular building - a museum to be more correct.

I chose the colors red and tan as a base, and the bulding is supposed to look like it's made from stone bricks, hence the tan color.

As the topic says, it's a work in progress, but I would really appreciate some feedback from your guys on what can be improved and what's to keep.

I have yet to complete the roof, but my bricklink orders are stalling for obvious reasons (read: christmas) :)

5261222280_36b595fa09_z.jpg

More on Flickr!

Exterior:

5256166690_7a02bfdfd9_z.jpg

5255554903_597fe20903_z.jpg

5255555393_27f31d128e_z.jpg

Interior:

5260622275_5bd10eff06_z.jpg

Professor Langley and nurse Susan is doing an autopsy on the ringmaster to see what makes him tick ;)

5260610649_26c6637186_z.jpg

5261217492_dc70c579bd_z.jpg

5261218308_b1380fc5ed_z.jpg

5260613069_cb3dc5879d_z.jpg

5260613689_8a006b6719_z.jpg

5260614733_cc82c6f741_z.jpg

5261220150_99ab99b83f_z.jpg

Edited by shutinc

Wow! The frontage looks amazing. The second shot really shows how huge this thing is. I'll be waiting for updates on this masterpiece! :classic:

Wow. I can't wait to see this thing finished. I don't have anything to critique, I like it how it is. It's beautiful and I'm hoping that you get this finished soon so we can all enjoy it! :)

Wow, this looks great! Very clean-looking, and great example of something that can look good without having incredibly advanced building techniques. I also really like the simple-yet-effective color scheme.

As for suggestions, I really like most of it, except perhaps the box pieces used as plant pots. I think a barrel or a round brick-built structure would work better there. Also, I see a few details on the inside, but are you planning to complete the interior?

Can't wait to see the finished product when you get your BL order. default_thumbup.gif

I say keep it all! It looks fantastic. Those columns are wonderful, and the sheer scale of the thing is amazing. I've been wanting to do something like this. It'll look great in any town setup.

Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out - it's a masterpiece in the making!

Are those brown or dark red accents on the building? I did a build with tan and dark red and I'm amazed at how good those two colours go together.

Let me the fourth one to say Wow! This truly is a wonderful modular Museum MOC, the overall tan color scheme highlighted with a bit of dark red is just perfect for the conservative look of a museum. If this well-built external architecture is any indication of things to come, we're certainly looking forward for the interior details with all the exhibits/statues/artifacts inside. Excellent work and keep it up Sir! default_thumbup.gif

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments! It really gets me motivated to complete this building. :)

As for suggestions, I really like most of it, except perhaps the box pieces used as plant pots. I think a barrel or a round brick-built structure would work better there. Also, I see a few details on the inside, but are you planning to complete the interior?

I agree with you that the boxes look a bit strange, but it was the best I could do with what I had at the time. Thanks for the tips! I'm going to make it look more baffling :)

Regarding the interior; well, yes... The interior is actually mostly complete on both floors, but I decided to wait with the interior pictures since I mainly wanted feedback on the exterior (outside), but now that I see it is of interest I shall upload a few pics showing the interior.

Are those brown or dark red accents on the building?

It's dark red. Sorry I forgot to mention it in the OP

it promises to be a good moc !

Funny, for a WIP, you've already put green flowers and minifig ! :laugh:

nothing interesting to say to improve just : more pics !

Maybe the roof above the entry could be undertiled... (I'm not sure to be understandable)

We can see above the entry the underface of the plate, (because it's very very high) it's not really really nice, maybe you could invert the face and tiled it ..

What's the organisation inside ? What kind of museum ?

I can see something trought the windows but nothing

Very nice museum Shutinc. This WIP is already fantastic :wub: . This could well be an offcial LEGO modular set. I really like what you have done so far. :thumbup:

I like what you are building, am a great fan of tan myself. Do i recognise the family house 6794 (little lamps)? A suggestion: maybe you could make the slopes of the tympanum less steep, it would make the building more realistic and more like a neo-classicistic building. I would also put al little more height (architrave) between the capitals and the tympanum to give it a more balanced look. But again, it is already an amazing building.

Great work so far! The size and level of detail of it are very impressive. :thumbup:

Very well done so far. :classic:

~buddy~

Excellent building so far 'shutinc' :thumbup: , can't wait to see the interior....so keep on going and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Wow, thanks a lot for leaving such nice feedbacks everyone! I would never have expected this much out of just a few photos.. :)

Maybe the roof above the entry could be undertiled... (I'm not sure to be understandable)

We can see above the entry the underface of the plate, (because it's very very high) it's not really really nice, maybe you could invert the face and tiled it ..

What's the organisation inside ? What kind of museum ?

I can see something trought the windows but nothing

I just learned a new word, "undertiled" :classic:

However, I understand what you mean and that it doesn't really look that good with the rough surface it has now. I shall try and experiment a little and see what I can do about it.

Regarding the interior and what kind of museum it is... Well, I'll let it be a surpise until I get to take a few more photos.

Do i recognise the family house 6794 (little lamps)? A suggestion: maybe you could make the slopes of the tympanum less steep, it would make the building more realistic and more like a neo-classicistic building. I would also put al little more height (architrave) between the capitals and the tympanum to give it a more balanced look. But again, it is already an amazing building.

Yes - I borrowed the idea after buying two copies of this set just to get a bunch of tan pieces and some other nice parts. Funny thing is I still haven't built the set yet :P

Wow, I had to google most of those words just to understand what you were talking about and these suggestions were actually right on spot. I will take it into consideration. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I think the colors work perfectly and the museum looks like something out of indiana jones. I like it a lot.

Love it, i would be very proud of this and i hope one day i will be able to make sothing 10% as good as this

Hello everyone!

I have posted photos of the interior. As you can see it's not finished either. I'm still missing pieces for the curtains and a few more details above the windows.

Hope you enjoy!

To echo what other members have said, a truely amazing model (Without it even being finished yet!). You definitely have alot of creativeness and I am green with envy! I would love to have something like this in my town to go with the other modular buildings I have. It would be great if the LG could produce something like this next year as one of the next modular buildings.

I look forward to seeing the final product!

I like the interior! The tiled floor patterns are nice, as is the staircase. BTW, right now, it just looks like a museum of Halloween costumes, so you might want to add other kinds of displays and such. :classic:

I've heard of Museums of Natural History, Museums of Art, but I think this is the first Museum of Collectible Minifigs that I've ever seen. It is truly a wonderful creation.

I enjoyed the interior photos. A great way to show off your collectible minifigs!

Thanks much!

I was thinking instead of just placing them on the shelf and let them dust that they would fit perfectly inside a museum :classic:

To echo what other members have said, a truely amazing model (Without it even being finished yet!). You definitely have alot of creativeness and I am green with envy! I would love to have something like this in my town to go with the other modular buildings I have. It would be great if the LG could produce something like this next year as one of the next modular buildings.

I look forward to seeing the final product!

Wow, this means a lot to me to hear :classic: Thanks much!

I like the interior! The tiled floor patterns are nice, as is the staircase. BTW, right now, it just looks like a museum of Halloween costumes, so you might want to add other kinds of displays and such. :classic:

You're right. This is not a true museum without the variety to artifacts, and there will be more to come in time :classic:

I've heard of Museums of Natural History, Museums of Art, but I think this is the first Museum of Collectible Minifigs that I've ever seen. It is truly a wonderful creation.

Thanks much!

Yeah, even the collectible minifigs needs a home :)