Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Custom Plastic Max Rebo Casts For Sale

Hi!

You may have seen these over in my custom decal minifigure thread, but here's the final, painted figure. The casts are offically for sale! :-) Un-painted costs $2 USD and painted is $4 USD. Pretty reasonable, I'd say! ;-) The figure torso and legs aren't included. Drop me a PM if you'd like to purchase one.

EDIT: Price Change!

Adcopy-2.jpg

angle.jpg

back.jpg

front.jpg

side.jpg

Un-painted:

casts3.jpg

Comments, questions and suggestions are really appreciated since this is my first! *sweet*

Thanks a bunch for you're support! :-)

Edited by SirNadroj

you should try sanding the piece so that it isnt all the bumpy.

It's not all bumpy. :-P Max Rebo isn't all smooth you know. He's very rough and he's got his share of wrinkles and bumps. It wouldn't look as realistic without some tiny bumps now would he?

Also I think your prices are unreasonable. Look at Brickarms.com. Will has high tech macheienery and his are only a dollar. i would say painted would be between $1 and $2. For nonpainted .50 to $1.

Also I think your prices are unreasonable. Look at Brickarms.com. Will has high tech macheienery and his are only a dollar. i would say painted would be between $1 and $2. For nonpainted .50 to $1.

Aer you nuts? :-P This isn't an accessory, it's a headpeice. Plus, I need to make back what I put into it. $5-$8 is perfect, since this isn't just clay, it's plastic. I'm sure I can make more than that on eBay. Have you seen what these things go for? 8-

Edited by SirNadroj

Aer you nuts? :-P This isn't an accessory, it's a headpeice. Plus, I need to make back what I put into it. $5-$8 is perfect, since this isn't just clay, it's plastic. I'm sure I can make more than that on eBay. Have you seen what these things go for? 8-

An hour for each, with casting, drying, priming, and painting? *wacko* I do agree about sanding it though, they look a little rough and unfinished, I'm sure you'll get more sales if you really perfect it ;-)

Yes. 1 hour. :-P I can sand em' in two seconds, that not a big deal...

So no takers yet? ;-) I'll probably put one on eBay and see what I get...

Yes. 1 hour. :-P I can sand em' in two seconds, that not a big deal...

So no takers yet? ;-) I'll probably put one on eBay and see what I get...

Well yeah but you're supposed to wait 24 hours between paint coats...not to mention the time it takes for the silicon to set and harden...and I hope you're using very fine sandpaper :-P

Well yeah but you're supposed to wait 24 hours between paint coats...not to mention the time it takes for the silicon to set and harden...and I hope you're using very fine sandpaper :-P

Silicon to harden? I used silicon for the mold, which is already dry. I think you mean plastic. ;-)

Silicon to harden? I used silicon for the mold, which is already dry. I think you mean plastic. ;-)

Well most of the professional casters, such as Recluse or Arealight use silicon or resin for their casts, but it still takes longer than an hour to cast and paint :-P

After doing a little research it seems you're using resin, and not a true plastic ;-)

Well most of the professional casters, such as Recluse or Arealight use silicon or resin for their casts, but it still takes longer than an hour to cast and paint :-P

After doing a little research it seems you're using resin, and not a true plastic ;-)

That means its professional, right? :-P

Well i think it's a good start to your casting career, however i do agree that it needs sanding. I know the character isn't smoothing in the films but if you look at all the other SW figs you will see that they are smooth, even those who are not in the films.

I sanded the casts I have. The unpainted ones, anyway. So they are certainly smoother now. ;-) Just in case. :-)

You should then proceed to re-cast one of those pieces that looks the best so that you'll get identicle pieces through out.

I would lower the price to two-four dollars on a "first-wave" so you can see how well it goes. Then you can determine how to price them depending on their popularity.

I would lower the price to two-four dollars on a "first-wave" so you can see how well it goes. Then you can determine how to price them depending on their popularity.

That may be a good idea.... and if they don't sell, well then I've got my own army of ortolans! *skull*

That may be a good idea.... and if they don't sell, well then I've got my own army of ortolans! *skull*

"May be"?? It IS a good idea!! X-D

"May be"?? It IS a good idea!! X-D

Aren't we arogant? :-P I'm changing it on photoshop as I type. ;-)

EDIT: Done! :-P

Adcopy-2.jpg

Edited by SirNadroj

To be honest, everyone was being really nice, yet you still acted like you were getting flamed.

So I'll say outright what everyone's thinking: It looks terrible. Who would pay $4 for that?

To be honest, everyone was being really nice, yet you still acted like you were getting flamed.

So I'll say outright what everyone's thinking: It looks terrible. Who would pay $4 for that?

No one's forcing you to buy this. And it is my first. |-/

What you should be doing is offering constructive critisim, not blatently insulting my work, which I put a lot of time into.

Edited by SirNadroj

Aren't we arogant? :-P I'm changing it on photoshop as I type. ;-)

EDIT: Done! :-P

Adcopy-2.jpg

And yet you forgot to change plastic to resin :-P

Just remember that around here, we're all allowed to express our opinions on MOCs and customs, but we always try to do so in a constructive and positive way. Nobody started out as the best, people improve by learning and trying again and again. :-)

Also SN, I'm sending you a quick PM ;-)

That's not what I am thinking. I think it looks cool, but for me to become a potential buyer it has to be silky smooth as stated by others. Keep up the good work and I'm sure You'll end up with a supercool product.

KimT

EDIT: Dear Zuloon for that flaming statement, I've decided to report You to the right authorities.

Well well well. I certainly received a lot of complaints about this post. That's quite an impression to make with your third post. Well, our friendly admin SW4J already pointed out that the behavior is unacceptable here. We are definitely a friendly community with a laid-back atmosphere and this kind of response doesn't fit in. I would certainly thank you not to speak for other members with blanket statements like this and I hope you can find it in yourself to apologize to Sir Nadroj for your unecessary attack. I think that would be a cool thing to do. ;-)

Well well well. I certainly received a lot of complaints about this post. That's quite an impression to make with your third post. Well, our friendly admin SW4J already pointed out that the behavior is unacceptable here. We are definitely a friendly community with a laid-back atmosphere and this kind of response doesn't fit in. I would certainly thank you not to speak for other members with blanket statements like this and I hope you can find it in yourself to apologize to Sir Nadrok for your unecessary attack. I think that would be a cool thing to do. ;-)

wtf?? *wacko* :-D Sir Nadrok?

Edited by PSPguy

wtf?? *wacko* :-D Sir Nadrok?
Really? You are going to get on me about misspelling? :-| Shut your face. :-P