Sign in to follow this  
AdmMatthew

USS Emerald

With Continental Navy Stickers comes a Continental Navy ship,

I don't have a camera right now, so this is the best I could do with my computer's iSight webcam.

photo_69.jpg

Any comments or suggestions for improvement before I get my good camera back are welcome!!

Hmmhmm, the ship looks a little plain. The stern castle's railing doesn't flow very well with the color scheme. (understandable if you lack pieces) The same goes for the sudden appearance of black and the light grey window frame. Otherwise I like it!

Looks pretty good, I'm with Berry, the railing and stern don't flow with the color scheme, but like he said understandable if you lack pieces, or don't you? good ship, I only don't really like the technic masts...

Arrr

Mr Tiber

It's a nice ship overall and I think the color scheme is alright, although it could be improved, my only gripe are those technic masts.

Looks pretty good, I'm with Berry, the railing and stern don't flow with the color scheme, but like he said understandable if you lack pieces, or don't you? good ship, I only don't really like the technic masts...

Arrr

Mr Tiber

Yah those arnt super, and the cannons being over the rail...I've done that to play Evil Stevies Pirate Game, but you shouldnt do that on a ship, no ship was ever built like that. (Atleast I think) and work on the colors a bit...But they are pretty much alright. Cool.

Arrr

Mr Tiber

Yah those arnt super, and the cannons being over the rail...I've done that to play Evil Stevies Pirate Game, but you shouldnt do that on a ship, no ship was ever built like that. (Atleast I think) and work on the colors a bit...But they are pretty much alright. Cool.

i am going to go agaisnt the grain on this one, other then on the sterncastle railing, I feel if you can make it white it would flow alot better. (oh and the window, due to the limited amount of choices I know i can forgive you for having light grey :P )

Anyway, i think it is a very attractive ship. I love the color scheme. The cannons over the rail do come on some ships, but usually smaller ships with swivil systems on the cannon... however, I feel this works for you, especially if you need the room on the deck. I really like this ship and can't wait for some more pics.

edit: though i will ask if you had planned this to be a british ship first? reason being, isnt that a flag with the cross of st. george on it flying on her bowsprit? then again there could be a state flag with that that I am not aware of...

Thanks for the suggestions everyone... I have changed the sterncastle's railing to white, and I've made the white flow a little better, I've also moved the cannons back. The window is light grey, because that's the only color I had... btw

Anyway, SkaForHire: In my pirate "world" the 'Captain' (he's actually ranked Commodore) is a British Officer turned American. So, he took his British rank flag with him.

I have a much larger British ship, the Atlantis II which I may take some pictures of if I get the time.

(edit) the ship started out as the French Ship La Liberte which was in turned captured by the Americans expanded by 6 studs and painted green! :-D It still has the French nameplate on the back of the ship too.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone... I have changed the sterncastle's railing to white, and I've made the white flow a little better, I've also moved the cannons back. The window is light grey, because that's the only color I had... btw

Superb! The light grey window frame is just a little nitpick. If you're confined to that color it's fine.

(edit) the ship started out as the French Ship La Liberte which was in turned captured by the Americans expanded by 6 studs and painted green! :-D It still has the French nameplate on the back of the ship too.

Har! Now that's a backstory! :-D

With Continental Navy Stickers comes a Continental Navy ship,

Does this mean the mini-figures aboard this fine vessel will bare the torso designs of these stickers?

Any comments or suggestions for improvement before I get my good camera back are welcome!!

When yer camera coming back to yer? Where it go anyways?

Yes, they have the American Stickers I posted earlier... and as a matter of fact, I just got my camera back today.. I had left it at my aunt's house.. and so I'll post some pictures a little later..

Yes, they have the American Stickers I posted earlier... and as a matter of fact, I just got my camera back today.. I had left it at my aunt's house.. and so I'll post some pictures a little later..

A little later? 22 days have already passed.....

Mr. Tiber, you must realize that AdmMatthew lives in a different time zone. ;-)

Hmmhmm, the ship looks a little plain. The stern castle's railing doesn't flow very well with the color scheme. (understandable if you lack pieces) The same goes for the sudden appearance of black and the light grey window frame. Otherwise I like it!

I don't think that the overall ship looks plain although it would probably help if we have a few more pictures to look. Hopefully Mr Matthew will return to us one day baring more pictures of this MOC, but as I suggested before he may be lost at sea. Or was that Mr Morse, I've forgotten which it was!

Mr. Tiber, you must realize that AdmMatthew lives in a different time zone. ;-)

But a timezone difference isn't spanning over 22 days so that shouldnt be reason for him to not have camera.

I think he just has not come back to the forum if these later times.

But a timezone difference isn't spanning over 22 days so that shouldnt be reason for him to not have camera.

I think he just has not come back to the forum if these later times.

Heh, 'twas a joke, Mr Ironhook! (Poorly executed at that, I suppose. :-P) Arrr, an' all that jazz...