Sign in to follow this  
Pvt13

Loksvika

I'm back with a build! And more good real life news!

I'm a proud dad of a second son! Hurray!

It did give me some time to build some new AoM builds, which will be posted soon, and this build.

I've had the idea for this build since I posted my sigfig, just had to get around to how I would build it.

It was meant to create some background for Bjorr, but I can't think of any at the moment so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

I really enjoyed building this since it's way different than building minifig scale, some parts get a whole new meaning :)

Anyway, on with my microscale town of Loksvika, home of Bjorr and Edd, and situated at the mouth of the river east of the Winterlakes ( on the northern shore).

eb37bbf1-e850-4340-827b-7e2d76c1a940.jpg

IMG_20160624_114654.jpg

IMG_20160624_114610.jpg

9d06b469-474f-4500-a8e4-f4b55509e8f9.jpg

C&C welcome!

Great job! I really like the boat design. Some more 1 x 1 slopes in the rocks and maybe a different technique of attaching the trees would really improve it.

Congratulations and nice micro, I think everything works here except for what I assume are meant to represent trees, might I suggest maybe green cones instead.

edit* and maybe grouping a few trees togheter.

Edited by Isundir

Thanks guys!

@Brickcurve: slopes sound like a good idea, and I wouldn't know any other way to put the trees down with the limited bricks I have :(

@Isundir: I don't have any green cones @:)

Very effective microscale MItgardian buildings! The windmill, temple?, and gate are my favorites :wub:

Great little boats too :thumbup:

@Isundir: I don't have any green cones @:)

I see, well then that makes two of us :tongue:

@Isundir: Haha, time to bricklink!

@SK:Thanks! No temple, its Loksvikas great hall.

I like the gate and the windmill. The overall shaping of the natural features of the bay, like the shoreline and rocks is good, too. :thumbup: I agree, the trees do not really work out and I feel like there should be a path beween the buildings.

Excellent micro! Lots of stuff to like here, but some of my favorite parts are the great hall, boats, field made of grill tiles, and archway/gate in the back :thumbup: