Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

D2C Contest: Ninjago Red Castle

Traditional castle built on large moulded baseplate,

contains 11 minifigures and a horse.

The whole structure can be separated into four modules

(roof, meditation room, training room, base structure).

NinjagoRedCastle-a00-073x800.jpg

NinjagoRedCastle-a01-036x800.jpg

NinjagoRedCastle-a02-001x800.jpg

NinjagoRedCastle-a14-012x800.jpg

NinjagoRedCastle-a18-021x800.jpg

NinjagoRedCastle-a19-025x800.jpg

As usual, click the pics for more details...

AC

Becoming quite the expert on this style of building, aren't you, ACPin? :sweet: Great work integrating the baseplate, and I love the scorpions at the corners of the roofs.

A beautiful creation mate! Love the red and dark red tiling. The scorpion detailing on the roof is a stroke of genius! :thumbup:

This whole creation is splendid, but what I like the most is how you've used the baseplate to work as part of the interior for the bottom floor. LEGO never used this type of baseplate that way, and it's a real shame, since you've shown how well it can work!

The master shows us again how it's done ! :grin:

AWESOME work again from you 'ACPin'....and you are becomming more a allover MOC guru than just a SW one ! :grin:

Good luck and keep on spinning ! :grin:

Lovely! The baseplate really works well here, and i love all the little interior touches. I never realised until i saw the new longbow in this MOC, that it really works well as a Kyudo bow. :thumbup: Just one thing though; how does one get from one level of the building to the next? Mind you, i guess ninjas don't need stairs! :laugh:

Great work - best of luck in the comp!

Becoming quite the expert on this style of building, aren't you, ACPin? :sweet: Great work integrating the baseplate, and I love the scorpions at the corners of the roofs.

Always wanted to build oriental style genres but the darkside of the force is really strong! :devil: Who knows where this leads to?

A beautiful creation mate! Love the red and dark red tiling. The scorpion detailing on the roof is a stroke of genius! :thumbup:

Dark red blended more subtlely than black which I've tried first. And since black was already used for the roofs, the choice was obvious for the interior tiling. I've tried using the cheese slopes and horns but wasn't satisfied with the effect, then came across the scorpion king minifig.

This whole creation is splendid, but what I like the most is how you've used the baseplate to work as part of the interior for the bottom floor. LEGO never used this type of baseplate that way, and it's a real shame, since you've shown how well it can work!

Just tried to keep the overall design into one that could possibly be a set done by TLG (after all isn't that what this contest is all about?). I've also used the same baseplate in similar fashion on other mocs though not as elaborate as this one.

The master shows us again how it's done ! :grin:

AWESOME work again from you 'ACPin'....and you are becomming more a allover MOC guru than just a SW one ! :grin:

Good luck and keep on spinning ! :grin:

Practice, practice, practice! :sweet:

Lovely! The baseplate really works well here, and i love all the little interior touches. I never realised until i saw the new longbow in this MOC, that it really works well as a Kyudo bow. :thumbup: Just one thing though; how does one get from one level of the building to the next? Mind you, i guess ninjas don't need stairs! :laugh:

Great work - best of luck in the comp!

Props to you for spotting the long bows and understanding what they were intended for. In the initial structure there were stairs going from one level to the next. But they did not look that good in the overall design and I was running out of time for the contest. So I ditched them and like you said Ninjas don't need the stairs! :laugh:

AC

Wow, excellent entry AC! The modularity of this ninja castle really complements the overall aesthetic beauty of this build perfectly. The interiors looks great with all the playable features. Impressive work as always! :thumbup:

Wow, excellent entry AC! The modularity of this ninja castle really complements the overall aesthetic beauty of this build perfectly. The interiors looks great with all the playable features. Impressive work as always! :thumbup:

Essentially following the design modularity of some D2C sets where each level can be shown and keeping the Ninjago theme in mind for the overall design. Probably would have done some details differently for an MOC.

AC

Always wanted to build orientaliphone 4 cases style genres but the darkside of the force is really strong! :devil: Who knows where this leads to?

Dark red blended more subtlely than black which I've tried first. And since black was already used for the roofs, the choice was obvious for the interior tiling. I've tried using the cheese slopes and horns but wasn't satisfied with the effect, then came across the scorpion king minifig.

Just tried to keep the overall design into one that couldiphone 4s cases possibly be a set done by TLG (after all isn't that what this contest is all about?). I've also used the same baseplate in similar fashion on other mocs though not as elaborate as this one.

Practice, practice, practice! :sweet:

Props to you for spotting the long bows and understanding what they were intended for. In the initial structure there were stairs going from one level to the next. But they did not look that good in the overall design and I wasiphone 5 case running out of time for the contest. So I ditched them and like you said Ninjas don't need the stairs! :laugh:

AC

Wow, excellent entry AC! The modularity of this ninja castle really complements the overall aesthetic beauty of this build perfectly. The interiors looks great with all the playable features. Impressive work as always!