001.jpg

Carl Andre splits in half and out crawls Pablo Picasso.

002.jpg

“Ha!” Pablo cries, “I bet you had no idea I was inside the Carl Andre suit!”

003.jpg

Everyone shrugs and continues eating their baked apples and wieners.

004.jpg

“And you couldn’t kill my friends with your lousy hammer! We’re invincible!” Pablo laughs maniacally.

005.jpg

“Alfred Jarry?” Anne Truitt guffaws, “But I stabbed you in your spleen!”

“Good thing you’re not a doctor, Anne,” Jarry laughs, “That wasn’t my spleen, it was my liver. And that part of me died ages ago.”

006.jpg

“You’re all dead already.” The host points out.

“True,” Pablo admits, “But the horrors of the Minimalist movement resurrected us to exact our revenge!”

008.jpg

“You besmirched the name of abstract art,” Jarry begins, “And you flouted the work of the Futurists! When we wrote our manifesto, we swore we would back off of the Art World when we were 40 years old, ancient and decrepit. We would no longer be able to add our ideas and influence to the art world. We told you that if we tried, we should be dragged out to the streets and burned alive!”

007.jpg

“Were those the exact words?” Pablo asks.

“Do I know?” Jarry retorts, “I didn’t write it and I barely skimmed it between drinks."

“OK, carry on,” Pablo answers.

008.jpg

“Thanks,” Jarry continues, “But your ideas suck! Why did we pave the way for crap like Jo Baer’s tiny arcs of color?”

009.jpg

“I think my tiny arcs are classy!” Jo Baer cries.

John McCracken tries to comfort her.

“Don’t touch me, John.” Jo pulls away.

010.jpg

“So, why is Genghis Khan here?” Brice Marden asks.

“He’s a painter, isn’t he?” Jarry asks.

“He told us he was.” Pablo answers, defensively.

“He told us he was a contemporary of Jackson Pollock!” Jarry adds.

“Um…” Genghis mumbles, “I just liked the idea of being resurrected and killing people.”

“I wondered what kind of art you could make with a sword,” Pablo scolds.

“Metzger used the acid and nylon” Khan defends himself.

014.jpg

“Well, du guys can be the angry and all, but we won. You’re all dead again.” Eva Hesse explains.

“That’s true,” says the host, “Back to hell with the three of you.”

011.jpg

“Can’t we please stay?” Pablo asks, “We promise to be nice and not to kill anyone. We’ll just stay and paint and all be friends.”

“Oh, all right,” the host concedes.

012.jpg

“Genghis Khan, did you just behead Alfred Jarry?” The host asks.

“I am not thinking so…” Genghis answers.

013.jpg

Congratulations Town: Anne Truitt, Brice Marden, Ellsworth Kelly, Eva Hesse, Jo Baer, John McCracken, and of course the dead Town: Sol LeWitt, Tony Smith, Frank Stella and Donald Judd.

Good game, everyone! Thanks to everyone for playing and to TrumpetKing for co-hosting.

Winners! (6)

anne_truitt.jpg

Anne Truitt, Female, one-shot Vigilante

brice_marden.jpg

Brice Marden, Male, one-shot Paranoid Gun Owner, Prankster

ellsworth_kelly.jpg

Ellsworth Kelly, Male, Investigator

eva_hesse.jpg

Eva Hesse, Female

jo_baer.jpg

Jo Baer, Female, Protector

john_mccracken.jpg

John McCracken, Male

The Dead

sol_lewitt_dead.jpg

Sol Lewitt, Male, murdered Night One, Town

tony_smith_dead.jpg

Tony Smith, Male, lynched Day Two, Town, one-shot Paranoid Gun Owner

frank_stella_dead.jpg

Frank Stella, Male, murdered Night Two, Town, two-shot Watcher

dan_flavin_dead.jpg

Dan Flavin, Male, lynched Day Three, Scum Killer

donald_judd_dead.jpg

Donald Judd, Male, murdered Night Three, Town, two-shot Blocker

robert_mangold_dead.jpg

Robert Mangold, Male, murdered Night Three, Scum Killer

carl_andre_dead.jpg

Carl Andre, Male, lynched Day Four, Scum Blocker

Non-playing Characters

00_npc_host.jpg

Host, Male, played by Hinckley

00_npc_cohost.jpg

Co-Host, Male, played by TrumpetKing

Objective:

The Scum win when they have outnumbered the Town. The Town wins when all of the Scum are dead.

The Rules:

1. You may not reveal or pretend to reveal your true identity throughout the course of the game. Doing so will result in the immediate death of your character. Likewise, be extra certain you do not post in the game as your real Eurobricks identity. If this gives away which character you are playing, this rule will be applied to that action.
  2. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all of the Town, while the Scum must outnumber the Town.
  3. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format only; Vote: Character. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in this format only; Unvote: Character. No other format will be accepted. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character. Naturally, unproxying a vote is also possible. The player with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
  4. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will not end when a majority vote has been reached. If there is time left, a majority vote can be over-turned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 24 hours, unless otherwise noted. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  5. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  6. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details and pictures of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  7. You may not quote PMs from or to other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting. Please refrain from quoting PMs in the game threads and in private.
  8. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  9. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will result in a multiple game suspension.
  10. You may not edit your posts.
  11. You must post in every day thread.
  12. You must vote in every day thread.
  13. If you have a Night Action, you are required to use it every night, unless otherwise noted.
  14. If you have a Night Action, you may not target the same player on three consecutive nights.
  15. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host or co-host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM sent to you to communicate with the hosts if you can.
  16. Violation of the above rules will result in a penalty of one vote per every four living players (1/4 of the active players list) on the first violation and replacement by another player on the second.
  17. If you verbally abuse another player (definition of abuse will be left up to the game hosts and games moderator), you will be removed from the game and never asked to play one of my games again. Don't be a dick.

Some additional guidelines, although they are not rules that will incur penalties if you don't follow them:

• The pictures may or may not contain clues. They most likely do not, but look all you want. Wildly speculate. It's fun.
  • Using acronyms, especially tl;dr, or any 7334 speak will cause major trouble for your character, perhaps even instant death.
  • Roleplaying is a good thing and it is encouraged in this game. You are all playing real people so google your name and have some fun.

You have all been sent a role PM in this format:

Character: ...

Artwork: Your block buddy represents this work of art:

Role: ...

Affiliation: Town or Scum

Best of luck and have fun!

Role PMs:

Scum

Character: Carl Andre

carl_andre.jpg

Role: You are the blocker. You may block one other player each night.

Affiliation: Scum

True Character: Pablo Picasso. You are a futurist and a die-hard cubist and this minimalist crap made you roll right out of your grave to put a stop to the nonsense of the minimalist movement. The Futurist manifesto said you would allow the future artists to set the new standards, but you didn't think they'd set such crap as standard!!! They must all die...

Note: Please do not reveal your true identity to the rest of the Scum team.

Character: Robert Mangold

robert_mangold.jpg

Role: You are a goon. You and the other goon can switch off killing one other player each night.

True Character: Alfred Jarry. When you wrote the Futurist manifesto, you stated that after the age of 40 you would make way for the younger generation and let them set their own new standard. But you never imagined the standard would be this minimalist shit! Anger has risen you from the dead to kill every last member of this shitty Minimalist movement. Death to them all. And where's the booze??

Note: Please do not reveal your true identity to the rest of the Scum team. Thank you.

Character: Dan Flavin

dan_flavin.jpg

Role: You are a goon. You and the other goon can switch off killing one other player each night.

True Character: Genghis Kang. You aren’t an artist at all, but you heard the others were rising from the dead to kill people and you really just wanted to be a part. The others artists believe you are some obscure painter from the Asian art world.

Note: Please do not reveal your true identity to the rest of the Scum team. Thank you.

Town

Character: Jo Baer

jo_baer.jpg

Role: You are the protector. You may protect one other player from being killed each night.

Affiliation: Town

Character: Ellsworth Kelly

ellsworth_kelly.jpg

Role: You are the investigator. You may investigate one other player each night.

Character: Frank Stella

frank_stella.jpg

Role: You are the Watcher. You may watch another player on two nights during the course of the game (2-shot) and see what other player(s) targeted your target.

Character: Donald Judd

donald_judd.png

Role: You are the Blocker. You may block another player on two nights during the course of the game (2-shot) and that player will not be able to perform any Action they may have.

Character: Anne Truitt

anne_truitt.jpg

Role: You are the Vigilante. You may kill any one other player during any Night phase during the course of the game (1-shot).

Character: Brice Marden

brice_marden.jpg

Role: You are a Paranoid Gun Owner. If any other player comes to kill you during the game, you can arm yourself to shoot them back. You only have one bullet and you must submit your Action to arm yourself. The player targeting you will be killed in addition to your death (1-shot).

Character: Tony Smith

tony_smith.jpg

Role: You are a Paranoid Gun Owner. If any other player comes to kill you during the game, you can arm yourself to shoot them back. You only have one bullet and you must submit your Action to arm yourself. The player targeting you will be killed in addition to your death (1-shot).

Character: Sol LeWitt

sol_lewitt.jpg

Role: You have no Action. Your power is in your vote and your ability to discern who is telling the truth and who is lying.

Character: John McCracken

john_mccracken.jpg

Role: You have no Action. Your power is in your vote and your ability to discern who is telling the truth and who is lying.

Character: Eva Hesse

eva_hesse.jpg

A word of advice for the future of playing anonymous games: Don't talk about people behind their backs in a group PM. You never know when you might be talking to the person you're talking about. :laugh:

So, why do you think the contributing factors were to the Town victory in just four game days? I think perhaps the balance favored the Town. When I saw Ellsworth Kelly say that there were only two players that hadn't been confirmed, I thought perhaps I had given the Town too many tools to confirm with. I'm wondering how the entire Town was "confirmed" at that point. However, I also think the Scum made some questionable choices. I'm at least curious to hear why the targets were chosen for block and kill the first couple of days. To me, the kills almost seemed like the strategy of a Serial Killer. And blocking Donald Judd twice was also an interesting choice.

Reveal your true identity if you'd like! I'm interested to hear what everyone thought of this game. I don't plan on hosting again until I have my hands on real bricks. :blush: Also, trying to juggle this with full time work and full time school was an interesting experiment in and of itself. I don't think I did horribly, but was late twice in four game days and that's not much like me as a host.

I had so much fun! Thanks Hinck and Trumpet for hosting.

I like the setup of anonymous games, it takes out the preconceived/metagamey ideas and let's us 'discover' each other's personalities. The caveat is that it creates days like day 3 (or maybe 2, not sure, i cant see the post count from my cell) where the host had more posts than anybody else.

For future anonymous games, is there a way to enable players to create multiple participant PMs? Ells, Jo and myself had to ask Hinck to set it up for us; could you either artificially inflate the post count to 500 or can this be manually overridden by an admin?

I'm not good at analyzing setups and balance but I feel it was fair; I would maybe have put only one PGO instead of 2. With 2 PGO and a vig, we could theoretically have wiped out the scum team in 2 nights.

I can honestly say that the only person's personality I am almost sure of is Donald Judd which I think was played by Def; as for the others I am unable to venture a guess.

Good game everyone!

Well that was exciting.

As for who everyone is, I haven't the slightest of an idea. Nobody told me and I'm not smart enough to figure it out on my own.

I would maybe have put only one PGO instead of 2. With 2 PGO and a vig, we could theoretically have wiped out the scum team in 2 nights.

They were one-shot PGOs that had to arm themselves to be effective. They weren't very likely to be effective.

Yay. :grin:

I had a lot of fun this game Hinck. The setup was interesting - we haven't had very many small-scale games on EB, but having played through this I think I really enjoy them - and the roles and such looked balanced to me.

I like the anonymous player setup. It takes out the annoying metagame layer that I have trouble following/remembering. :wacko:

Who the hell cursed me on Day Three??

I'm wondering if I set up an unbalanced game or if the Town was just able to come together really early. Regardless, the Town really kicked megablocks and took names.

I'm wondering if I set up an unbalanced game or if the Town was just able to come together really early. Regardless, the Town really kicked megablocks and took names.

I thought the balance was fine, we just somehow managed to get all the PRs linked by Day Three. I confirmed John who confirmed Jo who confirmed the protector and vig and later confirmed Donald as the blocker. :wacko: I still don't even know how most of that happened.

Maybe if there were more vanillas, it would've been harder to verify. How did John verify Joe?

The Scum was killing off the vanillas though, narrowing the field for roles. I used the same basic setup as Steampunk minus the inventors and the conversion. Oh, and of course, the vengeful spirit was switched for the one-shot vig and I removed the passive role cop.

I did love the host metagaming that went on in the group PM. :laugh:

Maybe if there were more vanillas, it would've been harder to verify. How did John verify Joe?

I'm exaggerating a bit, John simply told me, after I confirmed him, that Jo was in contact with some PRs.

Thanks for letting me play, Hinck. It was a fun game while it lasted.

I personally am of the opinion that, while a lot of the PRs were one-shots, it made for too many clears (ie. Player A says to the clear "I'm a one shot X, here I'll show you", and clears himself), and too many PRs to be able to kill off, even if my reads hadn't sucked. It was townsided as it was this time, but I lost, so of course I'm biased here.

I don't really think our kill choices were that questionable. I thought Sol was a PR, and def was convinced that killing Frank (who I assume is Scuba) would incriminate Mencot. My double block on Donald (Cornelius, right?) was due to the fact that I thought he was a PR as well (on N1), but my N2 block of him was due to the fact that I had no idea who else to block, and I thought I'd struck gold (for no reason in particular) with Donald.

I was Carl, obviously.

Great game, everybody, even if it was short. My games always end up short. Cam I actually call this hosting? Sorry for being a shitty cohst, Hinckley.

Guess I can't expect CMF 2 to last longer than Day 4 :grin:

Tammo, your guesses as to identity aren't all correct...

The Scum was killing off the vanillas though, narrowing the field for roles. I used the same basic setup as Steampunk minus the inventors and the conversion. Oh, and of course, the vengeful spirit was switched for the one-shot vig and I removed the passive role cop.

I did love the host metagaming that went on in the group PM. :laugh:

It's Jo!! :tongue:

I figured you'd like seeing us talk in there :laugh:

Alright, time to shed the mask.

Hi, I'm Jo. :wink:

And to clear up a bit how the town block came together so fast.

I contacted Anne on day 2, because she seemed very pro town to me. She then panicked and freaked out on night 2, afraid she she might die and claimed vig to me and said she wanted to kill Eva.

I then proceeded to comfort her, telling her I was the protector and that I was protecting her. I trusted her from then on.

Then when John and Eva came out claiming to have been investigated town, I contacted John and said I could get the investigator protection, and that he should let the investigator choose what to do with that information, investigate me or whatever. He chose to just come out and contact me, and it didn't take long until it was established that I was in fact the protector.

Then when Donald claimed the multi block, I contacted him and and was a bit "wtf, you just sold yourself to the scum". And then eventually, he told me he was the 2-shot blocker, which then led us to know Carl's claim of blocker was false.

And to the scum team: you just didn't play very well :tongue:. You were all very unactive in thread and generally dropping scum tells. You did not even try to infiltrate the town block. Of course it ended up being easy for us then! :tongue:

Oh, and one more thing. Nobody actually ever confirmed me. They all trusted me with their actions based on my behaviour alone... :look:

Good job town! I was Robert, and I wish I'd played a little harder from the start, but between the squabbles between townies in thread the first few days, and a busy real life, I was absentee. I kind of hated being called out for being absent day three... Saturday I worked all day, then went to a staff drinking party, and spent Sunday nursing a hangover, not playing mafia. Monday, I swung in, and was being called out for being lazy, trying to do something all of a sudden... Yup. Technically, I was :blush:

Congratulations to the winners :thumbup:

And to the scum team: you just didn't play very well :tongue:. You were all very unactive in thread and generally dropping scum tells. You did not even try to infiltrate the town block. Of course it ended up being easy for us then! :tongue:

Who would I send PMs to? I couldn't remember anyone's name a day later. I know nobody to send to. I had nothing to give except no information. Not a single person PM'd me. It's easy to say you're supposed to try and infiltrate town, but more often than not, you just get called out for fishing. Anyway, point taken.

Great play guys and great game, thanks to the hosts. Ich would still had wanted to kill John :wink:

But the game is over and ich will be glad to get out of this shell of fake german accent blockhead...

Good game, everyone. Fun theme, fun players. Thanks very much for the hosting, Hinckley and Trumpet!

I was John. The only person's identity I think I guessed was Eva, who I think was captain nemo?

Hi I was Eva, the paranoid fake german accent speaking blockhead. :wink:

So CallmePie you were Ell right? Who was Anne and what did you 3 townblock really think of me in the end of the game :laugh:

Who did curse me?

Who was Anne and what did you 3 townblock really think of me in the end of the game :laugh:

If the game continued we were going to lynch you. Sorry. :blush:

Yea I know that, you acted like jerks :wink: just kidding. But I was totally sure there was a Godfather and John was it

I cursed you. :look:

Thanks for that, hey nooo my german accent wasn´t trhat annoying :laugh:

I also really like the setup of these anonymous games because you don´t know in advance who the other players are nor do find out who they are, so one can´t judge and play on others past playing experiences and what one thinks about an other player on the forum.

Who would I send PMs to? I couldn't remember anyone's name a day later. I know nobody to send to. I had nothing to give except no information. Not a single person PM'd me. It's easy to say you're supposed to try and infiltrate town, but more often than not, you just get called out for fishing. Anyway, point taken.

I know it's not easy, but I was just surprised that none of the scum tried... Well, I guess I was just paranoid since I was afraid that someone had infiltrated us, and then when we just seemingly mopped you all up suddenly, I couldn't believe it was that easy, and feared there was something completely off :look:.

Great play guys and great game, thanks to the hosts. Ich would still had wanted to kill John :wink:

But the game is over and ich will be glad to get out of this shell of fake german accent blockhead...

Yes, please stop it!!! So annoying... :tongue:

Good game, everyone. Fun theme, fun players. Thanks very much for the hosting, Hinckley and Trumpet!

I was John. The only person's identity I think I guessed was Eva, who I think was captain nemo?

You were John?! Wow, I would have expected you to kind of... I dunno... play harder? :look:

Who was Anne and what did you 3 townblock really think of me in the end of the game :laugh:

We thought you were really confusing, even when you weren't speaking in a fake german accent, you were speaking weirdly :wacko:. We suspected you to the bitter end :tongue:. I thought if there was a godfather hiding in the town results, it was you! And Anne suspected you the entire game, she even almost killed you on night 2!

I want to add something about playing anonymously. I was in the last anonymous game too, but got killed on night 1, so didn't really experience much of it then...

First of all, as town, it's really really frustrating not to be able to gauge people's behaviour based on past behaviour. It's impossible to brush things of as "typical Bob" (sorry Bob :tongue:), or say "wow, he's usually more proactive, what's up?". So yeah, not being able to metagame is a pain :tongue:.

On day 1, everything is a complete mess, because it's impossible to remember any names or who said what. On top of that, this time around, I happened to be on a boat on a work seminar for most of day 1, meaning I had lousy access to internet... There was wifi with slooow internet in the conference area, but when there I was naturally busy and only had time to skim the threads. When I had time off, there was no wifi! And no phone reception either... But luckily, I discovered there was a very weak signal to an open wifi network in my room, if I held my laptop up high :wacko:. So I lay down with my feet up, balancing my laptop on my knees, trying to compose posts... Even lost a couple of long posts twice due to losing the wifi signal. And the satellite link was so slow, it was really unbearable to go back and forth in thread. Oh, and on top of that, using a browser I'm not familiar with to keep the accounts separate made it that much harder...

Anyway, I digress.

On day 2 I tried to catch up a bit. But on day 2 I was seriously frustrated. The accused weren't defending themselves, people were hardly talking, I was having a hard time getting a read on anyone, nobody was stepping up to act as a "leader". The vets seemed to try to hide their identity by not being themselves. I was banging my head on my desk in agony. But luckily I started talking to Anne after she came off as the most pro-townie in thread.

Now here comes a good thing about the anonymous accounts: because I had no idea who anyone was, I was forced to read everyone on equal footing. New and veteran players alike. In a game where I know where people are, I may have someone I like talking to more than others, and I often find myself looking more specifically at their behaviour hoping they'll be a good ally, and ignoring others. This may be a flaw in my playing style that I should improve on, but this way of playing has taught me that!

So, what I wonder is, how do people approach the anonymous account thing? Because I felt like none of the "veteran" players were playing their regular game. I always try to play the best I can, anonymous or not. This game, I felt like I could be more bold because I had no cloud of "this is how she usually plays" hanging over me. I could just go out and do what felt right. And being the protector, I needed to get in contact with people so I knew who to protect. And that's what I did! I worked hard to try and find people that needed protection, and that actually led me to become some sort of town coordinator. But at the same time as it feels good to hide oneself, it's also extremely frustrating to not know who others are. And toward the end, I was terrified that one of the veteran players was posing as being less experienced and was playing us all like fools...

So do I like it or not? I'm not sure ... It has good sides and bad sides... It feels like it's an advantage to the scum team, really. And in the beginning, I actually thought the scum team was steamrolling us by hiding behind their identities. I imagine they must have felt pretty frustrated when we took out two in one blow :look:

About the balance of the game. Like I said, the hidden identities felt like a power to the scum team at first, but in the end, I'm not sure it was all that much.

And to those of you who feel like town was overpowered, we really weren't. We were on our toes the entire time. The investigator only "confirmed" two people, and we kept suspecting them of being a godfather! (you blocked him the third time, so he failed to get a scum read on Carl). The blocker was two-shot, both of which you blocked... The vig was one-shot, and only used it on night 3 and was never 100% confirmed until then even though I trusted them. And the vig would probably have killed Eva if I hadn't calmed them down :laugh:. The PGOs never came into use. I never protected the kill target...

So all in all, only 3 actions in total were ever effective, and only 1 was an action that really confirmed anyone 100% (the vig killing of a scum), the two investigation results always had uncertainty hanging over them, and I didn't trust Ellsworth fully either until Dan and Robert turned up scum (making it unlikely that both Ellsworth and either John or Eva was scum, which would have been the only logical way for Ellsworth to be a scum claiming investigator claiming to have cleared those two...). Most of the town block was entirely based on behavioural trust.

Wow, I ramble on, don't I? :look:

Sign in to follow this