Sign in to follow this  
-DoNe-

18 gun brig GALATEIA

[pid][/pid] 161D

This got to be my fastest ship-built I've ever done, I were able to finish her in just a bit under two weeks, and not just any week, but final exams week!

She turned out better than I could ever have wished for. The overall shaping turned out great in my opinion and the color works really well together as well.

It's also my very first try at sewing my own sails. I think they turned out okay, not the best but it could have been worse :pir-blush:

resized_1.jpg

resized_8.jpg

resized_7.jpg

resized_5.jpg

More pictures can be found in my Brickshelf folder (once public):

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=542842

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Hope you like it! :pir-sweet:

Very nice! I love your cannon design and the tiled decks look great. I think the masts should be closer together and the sails a little larger. I also like the colorscheme. Great job.

Well done,

I like the clean broadside and how it goes over in the stern windows.

I think the masts are spaced out a bit too far from each other.

The steering wheel cable is a great detail, haven't seent that often (where the cable actually goes through the deck).

This got to be my fastest ship-built I've ever done, I were able to finish her in just a bit under two weeks, and not just any week, but final exams week!

I know precisely what you're talking about pir_laugh2.gif .

For some reason I'm also a very productive moccer at such times pirate_laugh2.gif .

Edited by Sebeus I

Very beautiful - well done.

Your sails are fine, nothing to worry about. I wish I had such fine sails.

How did you do the bow section? Can you add a pic or two?

A great quick build Done. I too am curious about how you build the bow section. I've not seen this technique used before now. The nets work well for the ratlines giving the appearance of custom rigging without the tedious time sink. Mainly I think you did a very good job building in almost all reddish brown without making a big blob. I like that you sewed the sails and its definitely good to have the practice before tackling the rigging and sails on your ship of the line. Well built!

Beautiful ship, the hull is shaped very nicely. The one thing I noticed is that it seems like there should be an extra sail in the middle of the weather deck (where the longboat is). It might just be the picture, but that's what my eyes were drawn to. Other than that, great work! pirate_laugh_new.gif

I love that hull, smooth and elegant lines, SNOT technique (the bow! pirate_wubnew.gif) the color scheme is great, especially that running tan line linking bow and stern... and the stern is so very beautiful! As are the details on deck. Only 'criticism' concerns the mast, I agree with the others. Maybe after your finals (or before the next ones...) you could make time to reposition them, or lengthen the ship a little to add a third mast. And kudos on the nets for ratlines!

Great ship!

Very beautiful - well done.

Your sails are fine, nothing to worry about. I wish I had such fine sails.

How did you do the bow section? Can you add a pic or two?

A great quick build Done. I too am curious about how you build the bow section. I've not seen this technique used before now. The nets work well for the ratlines giving the appearance of custom rigging without the tedious time sink. Mainly I think you did a very good job building in almost all reddish brown without making a big blob. I like that you sewed the sails and its definitely good to have the practice before tackling the rigging and sails on your ship of the line. Well built!

I'll try to taker some pictures of how it's done, it is quite tricky to get in there pirate_wink.gif

As for the masts. I will most likely not move them closer together since they are connected all the way down to the pre-fab hulls. To actually move them I would have to practically take the whole deck apart.

That being said ManInATopHat suggestion to put an extra sail in the middle of the weather deck, which is something that I could definitely do :-)

I would also like to thank everyone for all the kind comments! pirate_laugh2.gif

Lovely build! I especially like the front of the ship... haven't seen the technique before and it's good to see that it works pirate_wink.gif. I am also very fond of those 'dark orange' textured bricks you placed as a floor in the gun deck... I think it's a brilliant idea: it adds a lot of detail and color variety... they are just like small wooden planks.

Edited by Swan Dutchman

Very nice, lovely. Only, because the two masts are so far from each other it's like it misses a mast. Maybe put them closer to each other.

Still a great work, well done in a short amount of time pirate_classic.gif

I am actually not much of a Pirate fan, but this looks really good! It is full of nice little details, those little cannons are my favorite pirate_classic.gif

Nicely done, -DoNe- pirate_satisfied.gif

I really like the view below decks and how you have organised the minifigs to show life on board the vessel.