Sign in to follow this  
Tanotrooper

pirate-oriented TTfigs

I'll be placing any pirate oriented TTfigs in here, so please don't block this thread MODs X-D

ok, up first is a French cuirassier from the Napoleonic Wars:

frenchcuirassier1.jpg

frenchcuirassier2.jpg

reference:

cuirassier1

cuirassier2

Comments etc. are welcome! :-D

TT

Edited by Tanotrooper

Very nice! I like how you used the new star wars face to represent the chin strap. *y*

Edited by Lt. Col. Thok

I'll be placing any pirate oriented TTfigs in here, so please don't block this thread MODs X-D

More likely it will get moved to the Mini-Figure Customisation Forum.

Wow, that helmet fits perfectly. What piece is attached to the torso, and what set includes this helmet (color)?

BTW it is a new fire helmet

thanks. Weird colour choise for firemen IMO.. I thought that helmet(color) would be used in a entirely different theme..

Well done. It seems a bit mechanical. And he can not fit on a horse.

BTW it is a new fire helmet

plans are on their way to make new horses and making these figures sit on them correctly.

Yet I find it very annoying to place this in the minifig customs forum since this isn't a custom |-/

Thanks for the comments! The gap there first was between the legs and torso are no more since I saw you can push the minifig hand even more in the torso :-D

all TTfigs:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=296898

TT

Even though a tad mechanical this looks pretty cool!

Those metallic pieces work perfectly on him.

Yet I find it very annoying to place this in the minifig customs forum since this isn't a custom

Isn't it? It doesn't have normal minifig legs, and it's no official minifig either, so that would qualify as a custom wouldn't it? Oh, well, perhaps it's just me.*wacko*

Nice job anyway!

well, I suppose custom is a bit different for everyone, but I consider this purist MOCs because no single piece is altered, damaged, cut, glued etc. Thats the beauty of purist MOCs, and to place them in a custom forum doesn't give enough honour for hard work that may have been put into designing it, instead of just painting it. (No offense customisers ;-) )

TT

hmm... we need longer silver sabres...

More likely it will get moved to the Mini-Figure Customisation Forum.

I never understood that. This is pirate oriented, so it should stay here!

A lovely figure you've created here *wub* , but I would hate to get into such pointy shoes :-P .

Very cool design.

I also considered the fire helmets as replacement for the Napoleonic cuirassier helmets. The silver ones look really close to them (only missing the rope) ....

I also vote for placing it here.

(Maybe some issues can be linked if it's also interesting for others. In my case I often visit the pirates side but seldom the customization side. In that case I surely would have missed that item)

Andreas

Your TT French cuirassier is very beautiful! *y*

I love the boots and especially the helmet! :-D

By the way, I think the parts of the classic fireman minifig, not only helmet but also torso are good to be military uniforms.

Here comes an example I made:

cvspis-celidvs-06.jpg

Very cool design.

I also considered the fire helmets as replacement for the Napoleonic cuirassier helmets. The silver ones look really close to them (only missing the rope) ....

I also vote for placing it here.

(Maybe some issues can be linked if it's also interesting for others. In my case I often visit the pirates side but seldom the customization side. In that case I surely would have missed that item)

Andreas

indeed, thats why it should stay here. I tried to put a lever base on the fin of the helmet, but it doesn't fit... I'll make more figs soon...

TT

The chin-strap fig face is an awesome idea! *y*

That's be a good face for figs with shakos on *sweet*

P

*update*

from the Napoleonic wars, an officer of the British rifles. The officers wore jackets over their left arm, wich is represented here. The British rifles were the elite light infantry and were armed with rifles rather than muskets:

britishriflesofficer1.jpg

britishriflesofficer2.jpg

reference:

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review...=REV&code=02581

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review...u=ITA&code=6083

TT

Edited by Tanotrooper

The figs are great, but the lighting is not! With all the black it all kinda seems to run together!

Did you turn off the flash because there was a bunch of glare or something? I think you have a light source in the photos, maybe from behind or overhead (there is a slight shadow so it is probably mostly overhead) but no flash (or else the reflection in the tiles wouldn't show up to well and the dark elements would be easier to see). No flash also makes the pics blurrier if you move the camera slightly while snapping shots.

If so, what I found to work is to turn the flash on, and then back-up from the figs and then zoom in to take the pictures. That allows the pictures to be lighter and yet avoids the glare...

These are actually pretty good, even though I still prefer the good old "normal" legs. Also, I really like the use of the rebel trooper heads for military figures and didn't notice this topic before I posted mine. Great minds think alike. ;-) Also, do you have any pictures of the soldiers you based your models off of? I'm not that familiar with uniforms of the Napoleonic War and would be interested in seeing for comparison.

@ ZCerberus: I use the most white light in my house and no flash. Flash overlights the pic often, unless it's really dark.

THe reference pics will be added to their posts.

TT

Just saw your reference pics, and they are very nice representations.

Thank you very much *sweet*

I have some ideas for other Napoleonics wich I'll work out the coming days.

TT

Ok, I found a design for the French-style shakos. I used it to make this Prussian line infantryman (late Napoleonic Wars):

prussianlineinfantry1.jpg

the black piece is the longcoat wich was rolled up and hung over the chest.

prussianlineinfantry2.jpg

prussianlineinfantry3.jpg

prussianlineinfantry4.jpg

prussianlineinfantry5.jpg

(shako is better in person than in pics)

reference of course:

reference 1

reference 2

Comments and other things are welcome!!!

TT

@ ZCerberus: I use the most white light in my house and no flash. Flash overlights the pic often, unless it's really dark.

THe reference pics will be added to their posts.

TT

I agree that natural lighting and no flash makes the best looking pictures in general, no flash does make it hard to pick up the black and also makes any movement make the pictures come out blurry. Maybe you could at least try to take a shot from a distance with the flash on and some zoom to see if it cleans up the black!

Viva la Fleshies!

That fig does look quite odd. Especially the shako! Oh well cheaper than buying them.

The lego shako is the type only used by Dutch infantry and Biritsh light infantry. The LEGO shako narrows at the top, while the french one goes wider at the top.

It's the best design I can think of at the moment :-D

TT

EDIT: I tried your technique ZCerberus, the shako looks better now:

prussianlineinfantry7.jpg

prussianlineinfantry6.jpg

prussianlineinfantry8.jpg

Edited by Tanotrooper