Solscud007

MOC: Use the Force Luke

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Nothing fancy here. I recently picked up the 6212 X-Wing at my local TRU, partially hoping for a chrome Vader but no luck.

Well after completing the build I was a little dissapointed in the lack of the targeting scope thingy that Obi Wan tells Luke to not use.

So I tweaked the model a bit and played with limited elements. The toughest part is squeezing everything under the cockpit.

dsc0335y.jpg

dsc0334s.jpg

dsc0333wz.jpg

C&C welcome.

oh yeah, before anyone mentions it, yes I made a mistake and put the scope on the wrong side. I flipped the image in photoshop. I have since corrected in the build but didnt want to reshoot the pics.

Edited by KimT

:oh: Very nice and space-efficient MOD! I've seen stuff like this before, but I really like yours because it slides forward and back like the real thing :thumbup:

Very nice MOD, LEGO really should have put something like that in the set.

Edited by Brickus

:oh: Very nice and space-efficient MOD! I've seen stuff like this before, but I really like yours because it slides forward and back like the real thing :thumbup:

Thanks. Having the scope rotate up and slide back was my intention from the beginning.

Very impressive mod, subtle yet very effective! I admire how you were able to squeeze that scope in a such a small cramped space. Very well done Solscudd007! default_thumbup.gif Can I shamelessly copy this idea for my X-Wing? default_laugh2.gif

Very impressive mod, subtle yet very effective! I admire how you were able to squeeze that scope in a such a small cramped space. Very well done Solscudd007! default_thumbup.gif Can I shamelessly copy this idea for my X-Wing? default_laugh2.gif

By all means, copy away!!! However I must warn you guys, the fit is really tight. When closing the cockpit, the bottom edge of the cockpit can knock the scope out of alignment. So I remove the side panel and reposition the scope with a lego spear.

Edited by Solscud007

Very nice Mod Solscud007! :thumbup:

I know how tight that cockpit is, truly an accomplishment to have found a way to fit all that into it!

I think I might ehh 'borrow' (steal :devil: ) this idea :laugh:

Great job!

CF

Excellent and very clever MOD 'Solscud007' - also very much like the targeting scope in A New Hope ! :thumbup:

I'm a conformist! 'Solscud007' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice idea and well executed. It's surprising that Lego didn't try something similar as it adds a whole extra play feature (but that said it's surprising the X-Wing doesn't have flick-fire missiles :tongue: )

Did that helmet come with the set or did you swap it from the AT-AT?

Obi-Wan: "Use the Force, Luke... let go Luke... Luke trust me"

Operator: "his computer is off. Luke, you switched off your targeting computer, what's wrong?"

Luke: "Nothing, I'm all right."

Well done! :thumbup:

Wow, this makes it look a lot more movie accurate.

Only in ep.IV it is on the other side. :wink:

Well done! :thumbup:

Wow, this makes it look a lot more movie accurate.

Only in ep.IV it is on the other side. :wink:

Wait really? Monkey Feathers!!! I watched a clip on you tube by it wasn't Luke. It was the other Xwing pilot that failed to destroy the Death Star. His targeting scope came from the pilot's right side. Now I need to really rewatch New Hope.

Wait really? Monkey Feathers!!! I watched a clip on you tube by it wasn't Luke. It was the other Xwing pilot that failed to destroy the Death Star. His targeting scope came from the pilot's right side. Now I need to really rewatch New Hope.

In ANH it is on Luke's right hand side; your MOC is correct the way it is depicted above.

In ANH it is on Luke's right hand side; your MOC is correct the way it is depicted above.

Sorry Cusm, but you're wrong. :grin:

Watch this clip from ep.IV around minute 2:04, it's clearly on Luke's left.

@Solscud007

I watched the movies so many times I couldnt even make an estimate :laugh:

The MOC is still awesome, it´s just a minor detail :wink:

Edited by Future74

Sorry Cusm, but you're wrong. :grin:

Watch this clip from ep.IV around minute 2:04, it's clearly on Luke's left.

@Solscud007

I watched the movies so many times I couldnt even make an estimate :laugh:

The MOC is still awesome, it´s just a minor detail :wink:

Ok I thought so. I was jus too lazy to dig out my ANH DVD and check. GO WITH YOUR INSTINCTS!!!! Haha.