Sign in to follow this  
RonaldusMaxus

AoM: Stables Phase III

Good job, I like the snow on the roof. Here's an idea, I'm not sure if it will help but maybe try adding a few dark tan plates around the brown ones.

I like it, but as Bk says, I'd have made the ground a different colour. The buildings kinda blend into the ground, which is a shame, as they really evoke stables in my mind!

My favourites are the "snow arches" at the end of the roof!

Looks great, I really like too the snow on the roofs, looks very realistic, and maybe just needs more horses on scene. :thumbup:

I like the snow on the roof much better here than in your Store build :thumbup: Excellent stables too, the black and reddish brown go well together. As a few others said, the main stables blends into the ground a bit, even just a path or something right along the front of the stables would break up the reddish brown :classic:

Good job, I like the snow on the roof. Here's an idea, I'm not sure if it will help but maybe try adding a few dark tan plates around the brown ones.

I like it, but as Bk says, I'd have made the ground a different colour. The buildings kinda blend into the ground, which is a shame, as they really evoke stables in my mind!

I like the snow on the roof much better here than in your Store build :thumbup: Excellent stables too, the black and reddish brown go well together. As a few others said, the main stables blends into the ground a bit, even just a path or something right along the front of the stables would break up the reddish brown :classic:

Thanks for the tips guys! I was trying to make it look like a muddy path and not an actual road, but there's just too much brown, i think i'm going to try black for the roofs and maybe add some more patches of tan like Bk said on my next build.

Nice snow on the roof and tree! I think that the icicle on the roof protrudes one stud too far however, or is it just that the slab of snow it is attached to has slid out a bit longer...? :classic:

I agree that some more color variety would have made the build "pop out" some more. I also think it would be a good idea to include a picture of the whole build in a presentation like this.

where are the horses? The stable looks kind of barren without them or even a water trough.

Sorry about that kermit, yeah I only took these 3 pictures for Phase III, because the insides are the same from Phase II. There's 2 horses inside, but you're right u can't really see them.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a dark tan or grey would look better, but the brown just isn't working for me. Great build though!