Classicsmiley

FAPC: Nutcracker Mech

The squirrels of Heartlake City used to be a pretty contented lot. They foraged for nuts when they could, and enjoyed the occasional handout from the friendly citizens of the city.

However, that all changed when the Giant Mutant Nut from Outer Space landed in their peaceful forest.

8433795527_b3c3c741f3_c.jpg

The squirrels suddenly found that they were smart, they were hungry, and they had the great urge to build a giant robot squirrel (which they decided to call the "Nutcracker").

Why beg for handouts when you can just take what you want?

8434884054_83951bfa61_c.jpg

So, if you're ever wandering in the woods near Heartlake City, please be cautious. You probably shouldn't feed the squirrels, but you might not have much choice...

8434878210_e3bda1c080_c.jpg

Full set on Flickr

Edited by Classicsmiley

Really nice :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particularly the luminous cable :wink:

/\ Agreed, the luminous cable works really well as what I'm guessing is a root. And the Squirrel Mech looks rather scary with those black claws.

haha I'm not sure what I like better, the cool nut, or the squirrel... they're both awesome :grin:

Really well done. You've really captured the squires feel :laugh:

haha I'm not sure what I like better, the cool nut, or the squirrel... they're both awesome :grin:

Really well done. You've really captured the squires feel :laugh:

The nut was inspired by one of my boys, who said that the giant squirrel really needed a giant nut, and it wasn't until I found the right part for the ears that the squirrel head really started looking like a squirrel. I had a couple of failed ideas that looked more like a giant rabbit...

Just looking at this again, that Lighting via Exoforce tubes is spectacular...

Fantastic usage of LEGO elements together :thumbup: