General Armendariz

The D-Day Project

I'm a Canadian! I can do anything better than my British brothers! :thumbup:

Who's your Queen? :grin:

On a side note about Operation Bricklord, I find it curious that there was a thread posted on how the US figures should look, while I saw a Soviet T-76 on the pictures of the layout :laugh:

Curious? It was supposed to be a joke. "I knew we should have taken that left turn at Volgograd." :laugh:

There were other little jokes hidden in the scene and a can can line of sigfigs at one point. We were having a good time. :grin:

Edited by tedbeard

Really looking forward to this, it sounds like there are going to be a lot of interesting things in this. I would reccomend, as far as some minor details, buying Lego bicycles and painting them green to use here, because I am pretty sure I have seen pictures of U.S. soldiers and paratroopers riding bikes onto the shores of Normandy. (Why? I'm not sure. It is sand, after all.)

Helmets easily taken care of. Many people these days sell the m1 Pot Helmets.
The Oxford ones? Who?

Really looking forward to this, it sounds like there are going to be a lot of interesting things in this. I would reccomend, as far as some minor details, buying Lego bicycles and painting them green to use here, because I am pretty sure I have seen pictures of U.S. soldiers and paratroopers riding bikes onto the shores of Normandy. (Why? I'm not sure. It is sand, after all.)

The Oxford ones? Who?

Thanks. :classic:

The people who sell them sell sluban, and oxford helmets on Bricklink.

BaronSat, and AmazingAmoryCustoms sell them. BaronSat just became soldout on them :cry_sad: So i'll just need to order more from

AmazingAmoryCustoms. I just need to order a bunch of indy legs and indy german torsos now...

EDIT: Alright, before I embark on my first MEGA order I need some advice...

The beach part of the diorama will be seven long. Should I make the beach part of the Diorama out of tan Bricks, or Tan Base plates. Using 32 x 32 baseplate and 16 x 32 base pates I need either 66 32 x 32 base plates OR 59 total. ( still not sure to make it 10 Base plates wide or 11)And with bricks....well....who wants to do the math? 32 x 32 base plates with 1,024 studs in each...

I will make 8 Higgins boats, That means there will be 96 troops storming the beach of Omaha maybe more :pir-wink: 12 troops in each boat.

I lowered some of my first plannig some due to large prices.

Edited by General Armendariz

Thanks. :classic:

The people who sell them sell sluban, and oxford helmets on Bricklink.

BaronSat, and AmazingAmoryCustoms sell them. BaronSat just became soldout on them :cry_sad: So i'll just need to order more from

AmazingAmoryCustoms. I just need to order a bunch of indy legs and indy german torsos now...

EDIT: Alright, before I embark on my first MEGA order I need some advice...

The beach part of the diorama will be seven long. Should I make the beach part of the Diorama out of tan Bricks, or Tan Base plates. Using 32 x 32 baseplate and 16 x 32 base pates I need either 66 32 x 32 base plates OR 59 total. ( still not sure to make it 10 Base plates wide or 11)And with bricks....well....who wants to do the math? 32 x 32 base plates with 1,024 studs in each...

I will make 8 Higgins boats, That means there will be 96 troops storming the beach of Omaha maybe more :pir-wink: 12 troops in each boat.

I lowered some of my first plannig some due to large prices.

Well obviously there will be many more soldiers already on the beach behind tank traps and the Shingle.

Now speaking of legs. This piece would certainly look better with the Indy German Torso:

970c00pb18.jpg

But they are quite expensive. Here is a list of shops.

As for the beach I'd say if you ever wanna get this beach done, go with Baseplates.

This project sounds amazing, I can't wait to see how you will try to do this, sounds like you got it mostly planned out. This will be quite expensive and take a lot of dedication, so I give you credit for this. :classic:

Edited by Alex the Great

Alright!!! I just got

4221598906_8298cce08a_o.png

52 m1 helmets just bought + 5 m1's from a trade + 12 I already have + 11 M1's from an earlier order + 1 from a BricMania kit + 15 from amazing armorycustoms =

96 M1 Helmets! All for This D-day project!

Thats just enough!!! :sweet:

Alright!!! I just got

4221598906_8298cce08a_o.png

52 m1 helmets just bought + 5 m1's from a trade + 12 I already have + 11 M1's from an earlier order + 1 from a BricMania kit + 15 from amazing armorycustoms =

96 M1 Helmets! All for This D-day project!

Thats just enough!!! :sweet:

Oh, My...

Your actually paying over $100 for 51 little plastic helmets? Thats like

Edited by Joey Lock

Looking forward to seeing this being built, It certainly sounds like it will be fantastic when finished, especially with all the minifigures. ;]

Thanks to Borthday money I should be able to make the first order for the beach real soon!

EDIT: Are you going to make the aftermath? Like the LCU and LCI ships dropping the last of the troops off?

snip

I'd love to see some Sherman's rolling off those ships. I had a Idea, you could use the 4997 Creator Transport Ferry technique, it works well. But obviously change the colours and mod it.

Its a possibility, first I'll make the battle during D-day. but ,maybe after i'll make them

EDIT: thanks for all the good lucks'! It helps :sweet:

Thanks to Borthday money I should be able to make the first order for the beach real soon!

Its a possibility, first I\'ll make the battle during D-day. but ,maybe after i\'ll make them

EDIT: thanks for all the good lucks\'! It helps :sweet:

I just thought, you know what would be awesome? If you could make some mechanisms under the skeleton of the beach.

Mabye make some holes with some Orange LEDs to make explosions. Mabye some Orange LED\'s in the Pill Boxes. But even better, Make some parts of the beach baseplate weak so that you can use some technic flick fire stuff to blow up the plates and make it look like artillery barrage\'s! :thumbup:

Ill draw a picture for you.

EDIT: I made this technique using Powerpoint, Ill try it out in real life:

BombTechique.png

Edited by Joey Lock

I just made two large orders from BL 14 32 x 32 tan base plates 9 blue 32 x 32 baseplates.

and 70 Indy german torsos, 30 indy shoulder bags, 21 tan pocket pants, 60 indy pants, and many tan plates and dark grey 1x1 brick's.

I just thought, you know what would be awesome? If you could make some mechanisms under the skeleton of the beach.

Mabye make some holes with some Orange LEDs to make explosions. Mabye some Orange LED\'s in the Pill Boxes. But even better, Make some parts of the beach baseplate weak so that you can use some technic flick fire stuff to blow up the plates and make it look like artillery barrage\'s! :thumbup:

Ill draw a picture for you.

EDIT: I made this technique using Powerpoint, Ill try it out in real life:

-snip-

That would be a great idea! I might try it out.

EDIT:

29786.jpg

What do you think of these bad boys for German Wehrmacht Helmets?

I bought ten!

What do you think of these bad boys for German Wehrmacht Helmets?

They look a little 'iffy' in quality towards the edges of the helmets... but it's a nice design.

I was actually wondering about his quality stuff. I know he has a lot of great looking desings and many nice products, but the quality does look a little iffy on the edges. You may have to trim the excess plastic off of the back of them as well. Be sure to tell us when they come in the mail, please. :sweet:

It looks like you will have plenty of supplies for this. Just a simple statement here, but every time I look at a big MOC I always think about how the size really doesn't matter, it's all of the small details that make the Moc worth looking at.

Sorry if you said this somewhere else, but are you planning on including any tanks, half-tracks, or anything else of the sort? If so, Brickmania and Mechanized Brick have some pretty good designs that you could modify a little to add some originality. The Mechanized Brick has an instruction CD for US $40 I think, with some pretty good stuff on it, be it Artillery vehicles or Planes. The actual products from either place can get a little expensive, though.

I wouldn't buy those helmets, There more WWI styled German Empire helmets which had the little screws in the sides. Also there way to expensive. I'd just stick with Black Wehrmacht Helmets.

Good luck with the d-day project!A few years ago I made a d-day diorama the was 2 green baseplates long.it was pretty cool. my first post! :cry_happy:

I wouldn't buy those helmets, There more WWI styled German Empire helmets which had the little screws in the sides. Also there way to expensive. I'd just stick with Black Wehrmacht Helmets.

The German WWII helmets were more of a field grey colour. alternatively use some putty on existing helmets to do a Waffen-SS camouflage scheme.

As for the screws on the sides of those helmets, they do look un-WWII. I remembered (when i was doing plastic modelling), the sides were insignas of Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe or SS.

The German WWII helmets were more of a field grey colour. alternatively use some putty on existing helmets to do a Waffen-SS camouflage scheme.

As for the screws on the sides of those helmets, they do look un-WWII. I remembered (when i was doing plastic modelling), the sides were insignas of Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe or SS.

Actually, German Helmets where never the same colour. You will never find a German Helmet that has the same shade as another. They were camoflaged in many colours. The typical was Grey, However it was a slight GreenGrey. There was White ones, Black ones, Camo ones, Green Ones, Blue ones (Kriegsmarine/Luftwaffe) or even Tan for Afrika Korps.

"German helmets were painted a range of colors too numerous to describe in great detail. In fact, no two German helmets will ever bear the same color when compared side-to-side. The factory applied paint varied to some degree as did the service branch color. Helmets of the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) were factory painted a medium to dark 'blue grey' color. German Army (Heer), Navy (Kriegsmarine), and Waffen-SS (Armed-SS) helmets generally bore various shades of medium to dark field green. This color is often referred to as "field grey" or "feldgrau." The paint variations and textures found on wartime German helmets is a comprehensive subject too extensive to describe in this format. Suffice to say that standard combat helmets were typically painted medium to dark 'field grey'. In addition, some helmets were also painted a "slate grey" color. Early helmets were sometimes painted a light 'field grey' color referred to as 'apple green' by modern collectors."

I hate German Minifigures with Grey Helmets and Grey uniforms. It just...Doesn't look right. Its a "too" grey. I see more Black German Helmets than I do "Light Bluish Gray" helmets. Go on Armendariz, Go with black! Stand out of the crowd! Im gonna use black for my Upcoming Wehrmacht Panzer Armada.

So, General, any news or updates?

When you get things built, or are being built, will you show us the (WIP) pictures? I am looking forward to seeing some progress, personally.

Yes, progress has been coming! but the large orders still havent come yet so patience. Some m1 helmets came and

the LCVP drivers came in. Once the large orders come in I'll show some progress pics :thumbup:

Pleases excuse the double post :blush:

But The Helmets came in for my German Wehrmacht Figs!

4267054651_0a2dc21f95_o.png

I have ten helmets. These figs will be decaled by these decals:

4231974666_29758e6656_o.jpg

(Not my decal)