Rate the set  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

It wasn't a special edition. It was and still is a UCS set.

There's no coherence in size when it comes to the UCS sets.

I could be wrong, but I thought it's official name was: "10026 Special Edition Naboo Starfighter." You're right though, I think it did have the UCS branding on the box, so go figure.

I guess my point is that at only 187 pieces, it didn't FEEL like a UCS set. It seemed like a weird, oddball scale that Lego never did anything else with. Hopefully they do more with this new "midi-scale" concept then just the Falcon.

I'll be buying one of these! I dont care that it does not have much play value, I want the giant falcon but do not have the $$$ for it, this will be perfect for a small display piece.

I was a little on the fence with this set, but I finally decided to buy it, and I do love it a lot. The smaller scale looks great, and I'd really like to see Lego release more of the ships to go along with this. My only problem is with the stickers.. the cockpit ones are actually three seperate stickers! that was a nightmare to put on straight.

Great Review :thumbup: , but there really isn't anything special to this set except some pieces. :sceptic:

Isn't that the case for most LEGO sets?

When you break them down, then they're nothing special?

Just bricks and parts? :tongue:

I read this the while ago, and was about to be the first one to comment, then I got side-tracked. :blush: Very good review, KimT. I, unlike a lot of people, wanted this set as soon as it was announced, and didn't stray away from it when we saw the first pictures. I also think the stickers would be really annoying, especially on that cone piece that supposed to be the cockpit. Again, great review! :sweet:

Did anyone else get two copies of the sticker sheet in their set?

Those cockpit stickers sure are tricky to put on right so it may have been a smart move by Lego to include a spare sticker sheet. Or maybe I was just lucky.

Despite the difficulties I kinda appreciate having stickers though, as if that cockpit cone piece had been printed then it would have been quite vulnerable to having the printing scratched or worn off. And the stickers are at least of the higher quality type (unlike those used in the Ferrari line for instance).

The review is great. Always a pleasure to read them.

But for the set itself, yuch....... I thought it was a minifig set, like 7190. It's a smaller one and you still have to pay 50 euro's for it. What a rubbish.

I picked up this set yesterday, and I'm very pleased with it. The model looks great and it was a fun build, so I'd consider it a pretty decent value for $39.99 (US).

One thing I wanted to mention: In ever picture I saw of this model, the raised panel in front of the gun (see first picture) bugged the heck out of me. Thankfully, it was quite easy to lower the hinge under that piece and make the ship look, IMHO, worlds better (see second picture). I don't know if that panel was bugging anyone else, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. :wink:

7778sah2.jpg

midi_falcon_1.jpg

Where did you get yours, and can you tell how you edited it? Once I get mine, I'll do the same. It does look better.

Btw, anybody saw that guy selling his midi-MF on ebay for $150+? He added LED lighting for the thrusters and front lights. Looked neat, but worth that much.

I picked up this set yesterday, and I'm very pleased with it. The model looks great and it was a fun build, so I'd consider it a pretty decent value for $39.99 (US).

One thing I wanted to mention: In ever picture I saw of this model, the raised panel in front of the gun (see first picture) bugged the heck out of me. Thankfully, it was quite easy to lower the hinge under that piece and make the ship look, IMHO, worlds better (see second picture). I don't know if that panel was bugging anyone else, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. :wink:

Where did you get yours, and can you tell how you edited it? Once I get mine, I'll do the same. It does look better.

Btw, anybody saw that guy selling his midi-MF on ebay for $150+? He added LED lighting for the thrusters and front lights. Looked neat, but worth that much.

I picked it up at a LEGO Store. They had a ton in stock.

The mod is a little hard to explain, but it's stupid-easy to do if you have the model and instructions in front of you. I can take a picture tomorrow to give you a better idea of the finished mod, but here is a picture from the instructions:

midi_falcon_inst20.jpg

Basically, it's that 2x8 red panel in the middle that is causing the problem. The hinge will go right on the end of it, on the left-hand side (the front of the ship). If you simply slide the panel back one stud (it will hide under the panels at the back of the ship), the hinge will sit lower. I added a normal 1x2 brick under the end of the 2x8 so it'd be supported.

I hadn't seen that mod with the LEDs... it's pretty neat, but yeah, I wouldn't pay $150 for it.

Thanks for the idea. now if I can just get that Mid-MF.

btw, here it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lego-Star-Wars-7778-Mi...1QQcmdZViewItem

Check the smaller pics. the rear thruster looks nice.

Hello, The interior of the ship unfortunately doesn't have any detail. So I didn't have to change all that much. I did have to add extra pieces so when you put the top back on it "sticks" better and keeps the lights brightly lit. BTW, I need to change the pictures because I remodeled it to look more realistic: I changed the front section to be thinner and more accurate. I also removed all parts from the clone walker and ordered other parts that are light grey to complete the bottom of the ship and the front sides (where the parts are dark gray). And lastly I got a shipment of new white LEDs so the front running lights are now white. I will put new pictures up by this weekend hopefully so check back then. And when these sets come out at US stores hopefully I will be able to buy some and customize them for a lower price. Thanks! David
I picked it up at a LEGO Store. They had a ton in stock.

The mod is a little hard to explain, but it's stupid-easy to do if you have the model and instructions in front of you. I can take a picture tomorrow to give you a better idea of the finished mod, but here is a picture from the instructions:

Basically, it's that 2x8 red panel in the middle that is causing the problem. The hinge will go right on the end of it, on the left-hand side (the front of the ship). If you simply slide the panel back one stud (it will hide under the panels at the back of the ship), the hinge will sit lower. I added a normal 1x2 brick under the end of the 2x8 so it'd be supported.

I hadn't seen that mod with the LEDs... it's pretty neat, but yeah, I wouldn't pay $150 for it.

Just picked this up today. Can't build it just yet, not feeling well today and I thought I'd save it for a better time. Since I'm in Canada I reeeaaally dislike the OUTRAGEOUS cost of the set. It's a terrible deal. Although I figured 'I've been waiting for this a looong time might as well get it'

hmmm, i'm not sure what to think about this set. i picked up the occasional mini in the past, but i'm not sure if i want this at $40us. MAYBE on sale i would pick this up. i think the multitudinous stickers is what irks me (and on CURVED surfaces? that is a no-no lego). it just seems like lego didn't want to spend any extra money on this set.

and yah, if i did get it (on sale), i would call lego for an extra sticker sheet in the event the curved cockpit stickers start peeling.

as for design, it seems a little small. it could be a couple inches wider and longer and still qualify as "midi".

I finally had time to mod it. You know. it looks so much better that way. I wonder why they didn't do that way in the first place.

Thanx for the review

An excellent set to display on my office desk, where I have it now. Eventually usefull for placing in the background of forced perspective pictures too.

The original sales price was horrible here, but I managed to buy it when travelling for the job... still a bit expensive but reasonable at least..

Though, the price tag shouldnt have been the main concern... when building it, I realised how detailed this one is for such a small set. In fact, its overall look is better than the system / minifig models.

Pitty that over here I never did see the midi star destroyer in the shops, and that Lego seems to have no intention to continue the midi line...

Edited by J.V.D.