Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

Interactive Apocalypse 1.5! THE UPDATE!

Hello, and welcome to: Interactive Apocalypse! *skull*

p1200549.jpg

This thread is not interactive this time however, as it is an update, showing my upgrades and new MOCs I've made since your decisions last time EB. When I get back from my fishing holiday over at Anson's Bay, in a week and a half, I'll post the interactive bit *sweet*

For those not familiar to the premise, here are the two previous threads which serve as an intro:

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...showtopic=12746

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...showtopic=12873

Anyway EB, here are the decisions you have made during "Safe Season" last time. (results may have changed since, but I gave it a timer, so I'll stick by it)

You chose:

To upgrade your defense during safe season

To search for survivors during this time

To keep your unstable team-mate.

Here are the results of your upgrades. I tried to make it more "haphazard" like Hinckley suggested last time, but it is much stronger now. A few overall shots, your quad can now fit in the base:

p1200550.jpg

p1200551.jpg

p1200552.jpg

p1200553.jpg

p1200555.jpg

p1200561.jpg

Dead Swarm and ex-team members stilll have their job to do:

p1200562.jpg

The gates are wide enough to fit the quad through, and are very strong. They have a beam to hold the doors shut aswell:

p1200563.jpg

p1200564.jpg

The three weapon stations:

p1200569.jpg

p1200570.jpg

p1200573.jpg

Inside, you have two beds now, and a Runt cooking (more about them later ;-) ) Still got those chicken legs for some reason. The Quad also fits snugly:

p1200577.jpg

Normal shot:

p1200548.jpg

Now, you chose to look for survivors. One, a man named Exobuilder joined, putting your group to three. He is much more stable and calm than your other man, whos mental state continues to deteriorate.

p1200582.jpg

During the last part of "Safe Season", you happened apon five different strangers while in different places. You have room for one more man. Each has an offer, and each has his detractors, here they are:

Neron

A mysterious, extremely high skilled, high-tech warrior. Best shot in the whole region, but unfortunately, because of his bloated ego, demands that only he and you stay in the base, to make things more challenging.A very shady guy who never shows his face.

p1200648.jpg

Kabuki Su

A wild savage whos language is just barely understandable. He always carries a venomous snake around, and claims to know every knook and cranny of the entire region and beyond, which could prove useful. Seems friendly, but you never know....

p1200647.jpg

Reginald Jameson

A pompous, but genius brit who has a great knack for technology. He refuses to kill or fight The Swarm or anyone under personal reasons, but says he can greatly improve not only your base design, but your quadbike, weapons and lifestyle. Also loves tea.

p1200649.jpg

Commander Xenu

A highly skilled martial artist and bladesman, though not to the level of Neron. He is generally nice, and insists that YOU join HIS base instead of vice-versa. He says his base is much better protected, and he needs troops. It is a long, dangerous treck.

p1200650.jpg

Now for The Swarm updates. This group is still growing, getting larger after every "Safe Season". Ever since The Cataclysm they grow in numbers. Here are the old and new:

The Undead:

The undead are the most common creature of The Swarm. They are relatively easy to kill as their bones are brittle from sandstorms. They have a mysterious King, who covers himself in human appendages, and appears to have a somewhat small intelligence.

p1200584.jpg

The king, this guy may or may not factor into the storyline, depending on your decisions:

p1200587.jpg

The Zombies:

The Zombies are common in The Swarm, though less common than the Undead. They are harder to kill, as they are brutish and feel no pain. Luckily they are very slow and stupid.

p1200591.jpg

The Abominations:

The most varied group of The Swarm. These are entirely new species and creatures which have arrised since The Cataclysm, and are the most mysterious. They are roughly humanoid, and entirely ferocious. They can be weak, strong or some can even make fire. Note the addition of the "Pyros", flame dispersing creatures:

p1200597.jpg

The Mutants:

These are by far the most intelligent of The Swarm. All Mutants used to be human, and still maintain a lot of their intelligence, which, unlike any other part of The Swarm, can increase. They dont eat human but kill because they have become simply evil. I tried to make these guys a bit more inhuman this time, but still not an entirely new creature like The Abominations.

p1200606.jpg

Now for the Monsters, new and old. As you can see, my fascination for making small brickbuilt creatures has not ended, tell me if you think I succeeded or failed :-$ :

Crawler:

A rarely seen, timid little bug. Not deadly in anyway, though pretty creepy. They are disgusting food, more likely to make you vomit than fill you up. That naturally doesnt stop The Swarm from eating them, especially The Mutants.

p1200618.jpg

Creeper:

A demonic looking arachnoid with a perchance for dead flesh. Very rarely seen, but often considered bad luck. It is a universally loathed creature, never approached by The Swarm, Surviors or even other Monsters. It also reeks of dead flesh.

p1200629.jpg

Djander Bird:

A flightless bird that often follows The Swarm. It is deceptively cute, with a poison beak. Once stung, your nervous systemn will slowly rot away causing a death more painful than any other. Any survivors starve, too afraid to move for fear of pain.

p1200621.jpg

Runts:

These tiny creatures are the equivelant of chicken and sheep in the future. They always travel in a pack, in a single, straight line. The Queen is slightly different to the rest of them, and always is at the head of the pack. Unknown if they are poisonous.

p1200617.jpg

Squent:

This spiky monstrosity has caused the death of many survivrs and on occasion some of The Swarm. It has poisonous barbs and, though not entirely ferocious, is very feared. It is semi-common, and seen in most habitats.

p1200633.jpg

Thorny Granyl Reptile:

Some type of armoured lizard with a large tail and head. Often bathes in the sun, and can be seen all over the desert. Cant be eaten as the skin is too tough, though rumour has it that Trondosaurs quite like them. Very docile, and often seen near Squents.

p1200625.jpg

Trondosaur:

One of the few brightly coloured creatures of the future, and extremely fercocious. Always hungry, it feeds on practically anything, and is very hard to dispose of. Luckily, they travel alone, and arent all that common due to a slow reproductive cycle.

p1200638.jpg

Weaver:

This bizarre creature is only known to attack when provoked but still tends to hang around The Swarm. The tail shoots a deadly spike, when in position, with enough force to cut straight through you. It has been tamed by some survivors, and is well liked.

p1200643.jpg

Can you survive EB?

p1200578.jpg

A very detailed Brickshelf gallery here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=291194

Well thats it! :-D Hope you liked it. Tell me what you think, and constructive criticism is always appreciated! *sweet*

Oh, and thanks to Hinckley for the permission to do this, and Exobuilder for being willing to be included!

Sorry for the HUGE post too :-$

Nothing to Say, but Batbrick Away! >:-)

Great job, Batbrick *y*

I really *wub* the new fortifications, and the new characters and animals make it very interesting to follow your work *y*

Can't wait for next interactive chapter ;-)

LuxorV

Edited by LuxorV

Great job, Batbrick *y*

I really *wub* the new fortifications, and the new characters and animals make it very interesting to follow your work *y*

Can't wait for next interactive chapter ;-)

LuxorV

________

Thanks LuxorV! :'-)

Nice to know i've kept it interesting.

Nothing to Say, but Batbrick Away! >:-)

Fantastic new base! Even though it didn't win the vote, you still put more pointy things on! Yay! :-D :-D It looks really great! *y* *y*

The new creatures are awesome, great way to utilise the pumpkin heads! The little creatures are great, I particularly like the Crawler, and the Creeper and Trondosaur look great, the Creeper reminds me of a cat with it's ears back hissing. X-D And the Trondosaur looks very vicious, great use of the Viking horns! *y* *y* Keep it up!

I'll probably vote for Reginald Jameson, though he doesn't fight, I get the feeling with these new swarm, you could really benefit from new and improved weapons, vehicles and base. Besides, for all we know Neron could be a mutant, I don't trust him. And we don't want to kick out Exo-builder. X-D Sure, Kabuki Su knows the lay of the land, but how can he halp you if you can't understand him? Besides, he could be secretly plotting against us. X-D Commander Xenu could be lying. He might not even have a base, and the trek sounds too dangerous for now. Wait until you get better weapons and troops/

Edited by iamded

Great work Batbrick, I *wub* your brick-built creatures, they are fantastic!

I have to agree with iamded, Reginald Jameson seems like the best person to have.

Can't wait to see what happens next! 8-

Great job Batbrick! I am just in love with that Weaver! *wub* You have added some great modifications as well! I love the first zombie as well!

Thanks for adding me to the team ( I think 8-| )

*y* *wub* *y*

Whoa, this story is coming along great!! Thanks for updating the beastiary, it's easier to keep up with things if you include even the old creatures, glad you did. The trondosaur is sweet! I want to see it wreak havoc! Or eat a Jelly Man! Dang, I didn't vote for upgrading the fort but I guess I should have, awesome upgrade! I like how you incorprated every possible resource (The undead swarm. Wouldn't think of that) The character choices are very very interesting and a great idea. Hmm...I personally like Neron, just cause he seems just like me! But...hmm...improved tech is gonna be necessary. Go with the Doc, Reginald. He likes tea, must be a smart Brit. Maybe he'll invent you some crumpets.

Cor, I must say that this story is getting better and better! I really like the base now, with the extra spikes and new shape, along with the modded interior! :-$ *y* Your Squent is very good, he looks like a nasty lil' crittter!

Reginald Jameson's description fits that minifig head perfectly, I will be backing him all the way! :-D I cannot wait till the next chapter. :-)

*sweet* Excellent update! There so much to comment on. I really like how you re-built the shelter and the landscape. It looks much more patchworky now and a lot more like it was assembled with bits and pieces of wood and scrap-metal.

As last time, I really like the figs you've put in there and especially your freaky little radiation poisoned animals. This is a really great environment with a lot of creative building and I'm glad you're sharing it with us. I can't wait to see what's next in this little world... *sweet*

This is cool! I see we got new Swarm members. Can't wait for the next poll! :-)

Edited by Indy565

Is it me, or does my guy have no weapon?

I have one other question : Who was this member you were talking about earlier that's gonna go crazy? 8-|

X-D :-D *sing* X-D

Edited by Exobuilder

This is cool! I see we got new Swarm members. Can't wait for the next poll! :-)

What the?! How did I double post? *wacko*

Alrighty, back from holiday, sorry for the late reply :-$

Fantastic new base! Even though it didn't win the vote, you still put more pointy things on! Yay! It looks really great!

The new creatures are awesome, great way to utilise the pumpkin heads! The little creatures are great, I particularly like the Crawler, and the Creeper and Trondosaur look great, the Creeper reminds me of a cat with it's ears back hissing. X-D And the Trondosaur looks very vicious, great use of the Viking horns! *y* *y* Keep it up!

Thanks iamded, I'm glad you like the pointy bits, you should've seen the design of the base if the other choice had won! :-D

Thanks for your comments on my creatures too.

Great work Batbrick, I *wub* your brick-built creatures, they are fantastic!

I have to agree with iamded, Reginald Jameson seems like the best person to have.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

Reginald Jameson seems to be a shoe-in then, but isn't always the one you least suspect? >:-)

Thanks for your comments dragonator.

Great job Batbrick! I am just in love with that Weaver! *wub* You have added some great modifications as well! I love the first zombie as well!

Thanks for adding me to the team ( I think)

That fine Exobuilder, welcome to the team! *sweet*

You may be killed off later though :-P

Thanks for your very kind words.

Whoa, this story is coming along great!! Thanks for updating the beastiary, it's easier to keep up with things if you include even the old creatures, glad you did. The trondosaur is sweet! I want to see it wreak havoc! Or eat a Jelly Man! Dang, I didn't vote for upgrading the fort but I guess I should have, awesome upgrade! I like how you incorprated every possible resource (The undead swarm. Wouldn't think of that)

Thanks MicVash, I'm glad you liked my upgrades. Thanks for your comments on my factions too, I tried to think them out a bit.

Cor, I must say that this story is getting better and better! I really like the base now, with the extra spikes and new shape, along with the modded interior! :-$ *y* Your Squent is very good, he looks like a nasty lil' crittter!

Reginald Jameson's description fits that minifig head perfectly, I will be backing him all the way! :-D I cannot wait till the next chapter.

Thanks Lord of Pies! :'-)

I love Reginald's head too, I'm glad I got the hospital set just for that one head. Thanks again!

*sweet* Excellent update! There so much to comment on. I really like how you re-built the shelter and the landscape. It looks much more patchworky now and a lot more like it was assembled with bits and pieces of wood and scrap-metal.

As last time, I really like the figs you've put in there and especially your freaky little radiation poisoned animals. This is a really great environment with a lot of creative building and I'm glad you're sharing it with us. I can't wait to see what's next in this little world...

Thanks Hinckley :'-)

I'm really glad you liked my mods, I tried to make it more like your comments last time, they really helped :-)

Thanks for your comments on my creatures too.

THANKS EVERYONE! *sweet*

I'm really glad to be back, I love this place....

Batbrick is back! >:-)

This is really fun, man. The actual model reminds me of part of the map form that game JakIII on the PS2. It's really good; keep it up.