How do you rate this set?  

534 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Could you please help me to decide. I have a chance to buy this beauty MISB for EUR 210. The original price was 150, so it is 40% higher. I am a litle short wit the money but this could be my last chance.

I am mostly a castle and SW fan, but i have all the other pirate II sets.

What do you think?

There is absolutely no question at all: get it. The IFS is the best ship to sail the LEGO seas in a dog's age, and it's something you do not want to miss. :pir-wink:

I adore this set. It's still the best hunk of Lego I own, by quite a long way.

Something I remember striking me when I had just about finished building it though: it doesn't come with ANY crew, aside from the captain. The soldiers hardly count. It was a fun, nostalgic afternoon digging through my ancient miscellaneous Lego looking for old Pirates torsos to fill out enough crew members to get the old Imperial Flagship ready to sail.

I really really really love the details and colours! LEGO has again shown us what the word slendid means. Thanks for the review, didn't thought it was this great when I first saw it. And just like a lot of huys, I'm hoping to one day get my hands on it :pir-wub:

I got my hands on it at the Lego store. I started to walk up to the checkout line to buy it. Then I put it back because it seemed too expensive at the time... oops. :cry_sad:

Edited by wondermonkey

Get it before it's too late, if you can afford it. It's a masterpiece, and I'd love to have the money for it myself.

got mine last month. thanks guys for persuading me.

imperialflagship.jpg

Edited by october

My stepson and I finally finished the Imperial Flagship last night. It was super fun to build, the only parts that felt tedious were horizontal spars that hold the sails up. I kind of spoiled myself, I've had the set since the beginning of the year but didn't build it until now due to a lack of space. Of course, in the meantime I read reviews and stared at pictures of this beauty, so I felt like I already knew every nook and cranny before I started building. Even so, this ship is more beautiful in person than any picture can show. It looks great sitting next to my Black Seas Barracuda. The BSB holds up well next to it given the fact that she's 23 years older, that says a lot about the design of the BSB.

My favorite parts are the galley and captains quarters. I love the little details, like the carrot being cut on the table, pots and pans hanging up on the wall, the spyglass looking out the window in the captains quarters, and of course his little bottle of the finest scotch on the desk. The brig where Brickbeard is kept is huge, takes up the entire front of the ship. It would have been nice if this was a crew quarters, with some bunks and a table instead. They should be keelhauling Brickbeard anyway, not handcuffing him :pir_laugh2: Something to mod later. If I had to make a criticism, it would be with the material they made the sails out of. It feels more like a textured paper than cloth, I feel like the sails on the BSB are of a higher quality. I guess time will tell how the sails hold up, the 20+ year old sails on BSB still look new.

As a side note, I did not experience any problems with the bow of the ship breaking. The SNOT areas seem to be fairly sturdy, and it hasn't fallen apart once with me moving the ship around, my 5 year old playing with it, etc. Granted, I wouldn't carry it around by the bow, but from the review I expected this part to be weaker than it actually turned out. YMMV.

if_vs_bsb.jpg

Edited by naf

I just picked one up for $373. The box is huge. I've decided that I'm going to keep it MISB since I believe this set will continue to appreciate in value. I also have the BP and QAR but it doesn't even compare to this beauty.

Edited by Batmanwcm

Was lucky enough to pick this up today MISB for under RRP. Probably won't have a chance to build it for a bit but I'm definitely looking forward to it!

I'm surprised by how fast the prices went up on this set. I was planning to build it over the holidays, but considering selling it and buying the Cinema and upcoming Parisian Resturant with the funds. Decisions decisions.

Edited by eliminator

I'm surprised by how fast the prices went up on this set. I was planning to build it over the holidays, but considering selling it and buying the Cinema and upcoming Parisian Resturant with the funds. Decisions decisions.

Keep it. It's unlikely that we'll ever see a better LEGO ship than this.

I can appreciate your dilemma - I have had mine MISB for two years, and I can't pull the trigger on opening it to build.

The idea of being able to get Palace Cinema and the Restaurant instead, or the Opera House is weighing heavily on my shoulders.

Where can I get this set for a good price? pirate_classic.gif

This question could, quite literally, be applied to any retired Lego product... No matter where you look, the prices will be inflated pirate_hmpf.gif

This question could, quite literally, be applied to any retired Lego product... No matter where you look, the prices will be inflated pirate_hmpf.gif

I know. pirate_cry4.gif It's a real shame because I really want a pirate ship with two levels like this one.

Does anyone have two of these by any chance? When I first bought this set, I thought about buying a second one of these and adding another level. You would have room for a deck dedicated to a total of 8 cannons and a crew quarters below that or whatever your heart desires. Just a thought.

I can appreciate your dilemma - I have had mine MISB for two years, and I can't pull the trigger on opening it to build.

The idea of being able to get Palace Cinema and the Restaurant instead, or the Opera House is weighing heavily on my shoulders.

Build! Honestly, this ship is one of the most fun building experiences I've had with any Lego set. Even if you decide to sell it years down the road, it will still sell at a high price being open and built.

Keep it. It's unlikely that we'll ever see a better LEGO ship than this.

I agree. We'll most likely have another pirate ship at some point, but nothing quite like this one.

I agree. We'll most likely have another pirate ship at some point, but nothing quite like this one.

That makes me a bit sad to read.

I love the pirate ships and would love seeing another big/detailed ship like this one come along in the future.

...especially if it was for the Imperial Soldiers in blue. pirate_classic.gif

I bought this set a little over a year ago for $300 USD after coming out of my own "dark age".

It's still in the box but I will absolutely be building this beauty with my younger daughter when she's a bit older.

On the other hand: I may be selling my copies of The Black Pearl and Queen Anne's Revenge, which I was lucky enough to get discounted just before they were no longer offered.

Well,,today i got my Imperial Flag ship and i noticed my box is different from res boxes. on the top right , there is no written of ( Imperial Flagship )....so anybody knows the differences if there is any?

Well,,today i got my Imperial Flag ship and i noticed my box is different from res boxes. on the top right , there is no written of ( Imperial Flagship )....so anybody knows the differences if there is any?

I have noticed this on a few sets for sale on ebay. I am going to guess this was due to geographical sale? Where English isn't the first Language? Where did you buy the set from?

AB

I have noticed this on a few sets for sale on ebay. I am going to guess this was due to geographical sale? Where English isn't the first Language? Where did you buy the set from?

AB

from ebay..US seller

Hi there !

I've got a chance to buy this set for 563$ (price in europe are quite insane for this set...)

I really don't know if I should jump on it or use the same money to buy other sets...