Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

So everyone here got the Minecraft set and selling on eBay too :P

My order took 7 days and tracking not updated, other times it took 2 weeks

Edited by kaykay

I have been told some interesting news today visiting a Big Buy store......they'll be getting Lego soon....so Harvey Norman is going into plastic gold now ! :blush:

I was wondering when it would happen. Got a bigbuys outlet at a new homemakers centre nearish to me and they used to have some CMFs and lego keychains/other accessories but no sets.

Looks like it might be worth ducking in again in a couple of weeks.

So everyone here got the Minecraft set and selling on eBay too :P

My order took 7 days and tracking not updated, other times it took 2 weeks

Why are they going for so much?

Myer and David Jones have a 20% off toy sale till Sunday 9th December.

Lots of Town Halls and Pet shops at my Local DJ's, but they don't seem to be shifting any.

Just got back from Toys R Us... they had the planet sets 2 for $10.... my TRU (Gepps X) had plenty of xwings, tie interceptor and the cloud car set.

They also had the Forest Police Dog set 4441 for $30 down from $50...

Just got back from Toys R Us... they had the planet sets 2 for $10.... my TRU (Gepps X) had plenty of xwings, tie interceptor and the cloud car set.

Saw the 2 for $10 planet sets on one of their emails but all sold out online. Seems a more realistic price, they looked cool but no way I was paying $16ea.

Just got back from same (GeppsX TRU)... a handful of these left ..

So can anyone advise as to the best (i.e. cheapest) place in Perth to buy this years police chase set with the dark red pickup truck?

With all the sales going on, its hard to know who has the best deal :)

Has anyone seen the ice cube trays available in the shops? (brick or minifig moulds). I'd order online, but I'd like to get them in the next day or so. They cost $10, don't they?

Myer and David Jones have a 20% off toy sale till Sunday 9th December.

Is this the cheapest I can get the SW Advent Calendar in Australia? Or should I wait post-Christmas?

Is this the cheapest I can get the SW Advent Calendar in Australia? Or should I wait post-Christmas?

Myer have the advent Callander at 25% off at the moment.

Has anyone seen the Friends horse float set in Perth lately? I want to get one (for the dark red wheel arches and other dark red parts) but so far I am not getting anywhere with locating one.

My Lego Hobbit order just arrived from Amazon.co.uk - I paid $220 for the 3 biggest sets delivered - which means I basically got the largest set for free (I think they have jacked their prices up though now after offering them initally at a substantial discount). The delivery arrived in about 4 days, so you might want to consider that if you're desperate to get the new sets and can't hold out for a local release.

Edited by TeufelHund

I have been told by one retailer that The Hobbit sets won't be available until the end of January.

Now it's slim pickings everywhere now, the best Target can offer this week is

City Mine at 119, and the huge police copter or the Target exclusive forest police truck/boat set at 59 bucks.

Found a great bargin that thought would share with you guys. Lego millenium falcon(7965) shipped from Amazon for USD$132.56 or AUD$131.39. RRP is $249.99 here.

http://www.amazon.co...2&tag=ozba08-20

I double checked. It does ship to australia. Hurry up it says will arrive before Christmas if you buy soon.

Edited by cameron_les

Been waiting for this. Bought 2. Thanks.

Found a great bargin that thought would share with you guys. Lego millenium falcon(7965) shipped from Amazon for USD$132.56 or AUD$131.39. RRP is $249.99 here.

http://www.amazon.co...2&tag=ozba08-20

I double checked. It does ship to australia. Hurry up it says will arrive before Christmas if you buy soon.

I was very disappointed when I found no Hobbit sets in stores on December 1st, when I thought they were coming out. My theory (it doesn't make me feel any better) is that someone along the line is waiting for the movie release, which is highly unfortunate for us as we are getting it behind almost every other country in the world, on December 26th, instead of the 12th or 14th...

I can't order the sets online either because I know as soon as I do, they will appear in shops, and it will take longer for me to get them (maybe I should order them from LEGO, that way they will appear in stores... :laugh: )

So does anyone have any information regarding the sets, like where the've been seen or when they are supposed to be coming? I really hope that "late January" is untrue...

Please do tell! :wink:

Ah well, I guess I can be patient for a little longer... haha :grin:

My Lego Hobbit order just arrived from Amazon.co.uk - I paid $220 for the 3 biggest sets delivered - which means I basically got the largest set for free (I think they have jacked their prices up though now after offering them initally at a substantial discount). The delivery arrived in about 4 days, so you might want to consider that if you're desperate to get the new sets and can't hold out for a local release.

It's nice to share this good news of able to purchase it overseas with substantial discount. However, the objective of this thread is to share 'local' sales in Aussie. Please take note. Thanks.

It's nice to share this good news of able to purchase it overseas with substantial discount. However, the objective of this thread is to share 'local' sales in Aussie. Please take note. Thanks.

Shame about these rules, that sounds like a really good deal that would be useful to Australian fans still holding out for a local release. I certainly wouldn't think to look in the 'UK sales thread' or otherwise if I wanted to find a good deal for Australian shoppers like myself.

Shame about these rules, that sounds like a really good deal that would be useful to Australian fans still holding out for a local release. I certainly wouldn't think to look in the 'UK sales thread' or otherwise if I wanted to find a good deal for Australian shoppers like myself.

I thought we had this argument out recently and everyone agreed that good deals available from overseas retailers could and should be brought up here as this was the easiest place for Aussie shoppers to find savings in one place? If not fine but personally I'd like to find out where the best prices are for us Aussies regardless of whether the retailer is local or international.

I thought we had this argument out recently and everyone agreed that good deals available from overseas retailers could and should be brought up here as this was the easiest place for Aussie shoppers to find savings in one place? If not fine but personally I'd like to find out where the best prices are for us Aussies regardless of whether the retailer is local or international.

There is already a dedicated topic for buying from overseas online shops, so that this one can be dedicated to local stuff and not clogged up with discussions about Amazon or B&N orders. We* have received multiple warnings from staff - don't wanna make Sieggy mad!

Slim picks still this week.......Kmart has Monster Fighter Werewolf set 24 bucks and Crazy Scientist 59 bucks plus a humble 38 bucks for the City mining digger transporter.

Speaking of that set....it too is 38 bucks at Big W along with the big (sort of) dump truck at the same price. Big W also has the mine set for 98 bucks and 48 bucks will get you a Creator Seaside House. Like I wrote.....slim pickings this week. :cry_sad:

Edited by lightningtiger

There is already a dedicated topic for buying from overseas online shops, so that this one can be dedicated to local stuff and not clogged up with discussions about Amazon or B&N orders. We* have received multiple warnings from staff - don't wanna make Sieggy mad!

one topic is

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores - almost always about AU

one topic is

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores - almost always about AU

That's the one I meant. Here