muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

In case of series 8 the timeline was the following:

List of names - 16 June

Pictures - 13 July

I have no time/intention to do it for previous series though.

In that case, the list was here on 29 Oct, so the pictures are expected to surface on 25 Nov (October is longer :) ). Approx 3 more weeks to wait...

BUT, the first picture of Series 8 came out from the Polish (?) LEGO Club Magazine on June 10th 2012 (before the list), while the Series 9 magazine picture came out yesterday on November 5th, 2012. So we might get more pictures sooner. :sweet:

As if kids care about the fact that they both have the same armour. They want to play with LEGO - that is all. Honestly people, Kids ARE the target age group.

Sorry if that came across angry but it seems that some people don't understand that fact.

I wish the MF Haunted House was PRICED for kids!

Edited by 305Bats

Have these been spotted yet? Don't know if these are real though:

http://instagram.com/p/RnL0CyRcU9/

http://instagram.com/p/RkXGyNRcRb/

For me, the reason I think the 1st one (Mountie) is fake, is because of the pre-used parts, such as the British Guard's torso, the head and the hat. But at the same time, there was a Downtown Cop mentioned in the list that was leaked a week ago... :look:

The 2nd one (Canadian Hockey Player) looks like the real deal to me, especially due to the hockey body armor with the Canadian maple leaf on it. Besides, the helmet he's wearing hasn't been produced in red yet.

Edited by TAFOL

Carnac the magnificent?

Yes! (just googled him) In a load of Hoth's artwork there was a minifig similar to that guy. But the more I think about it the fortune teller will probably be a classic gypsy fortune teller.

For me, the reason I think the 1st one (Mountie) is fake, is because of the pre-used parts, such as the British Guard's torso, the head and the hat. But at the same time, there was a Downtown Cop mentioned in the list that was leaked a week ago... :look:

The 2nd one (Canadian Hockey Player) looks like the real deal to me, especially due to the hockey body armor with the Canadian maple leaf on it. Besides, the helmet he's wearing hasn't been produced in red yet.

Since it seems like they were just on a poster in some retailing store, by the looks of it, my guess is neither one will become a CMF - or at least not for a while (the head of the Hockey Player is the same as the S4 one, and CMFs always, at least so far, have new printing.

Since it seems like they were just on a poster in some retailing store. . .

It's real. :wink: Either some canadian Toy R Us promotion or a teaser of next minifig themed pack like this:

http://www.bricklink....asp?S=850486-1

That's about what I was trying to say :wink: - and I do hope it becomes a released minfigure eventually, I'd really love a counterpart to the S4 Hockey Player, and red would be awesome!

I do not think either of those are real, since the downtown cop is obviously just someone puttting together different peices from other minifigs they have,

And the Hockey player would at least have a different color stick or something.

Besides, I doubt the same guy would do one real and and one fake.

Also, Lego would'nt ever do something like put a country's flag on a CMF: they would be accused of being biased or something, which is the last thing they want.

It's sort of a pity, though. :grin:

Edited by Garmadon

Maybe. :hmpf_bad:

But it would suprise me, at least. Not that I wouldn't like it.

Edited by Garmadon

Looking back at the minifig sketches done by A. Boudon, and that circulate the net since a year or so ( http://alexandreboudonbillund2010.blogspot.fr/2010/08/blog-post.html ), it's clear that the Jekyll / Hyde figure is again based on his work (last picture, bottom left).

So I guess it is more then reasonable to assume that the Hollywood starlet and the Ceasar minifig will be very similar to his sketches too..

Still left with the hope that the mentioned Alien trooper looks like A Boudons "mars attacks" figure, and that the alien in space armour from the video belongs to the green team of Galaxy Squad.. But I fear that is just wishfull thinking...

And looking at the prelims for the Monster Fighters line ( here ), I wonder too if the mermaid in the rumored list isn't mistaken for the long awaited Medusa.

Anyway, lets hope most of those designs come to life, or ABS, one day... so far, looking good already..

Looking back at the minifig sketches done by A. Boudon, and that circulate the net since a year or so ( http://alexandreboudonbillund2010.blogspot.fr/2010/08/blog-post.html ), it's clear that the Jekyll / Hyde figure is again based on his work (last picture, bottom left).

So I guess it is more then reasonable to assume that the Hollywood starlet and the Ceasar minifig will be very similar to his sketches too..

Still left with the hope that the mentioned Alien trooper looks like A Boudons "mars attacks" figure, and that the alien in space armour from the video belongs to the green team of Galaxy Squad.. But I fear that is just wishfull thinking...

And looking at the prelims for the Monster Fighters line ( here ), I wonder too if the mermaid in the rumored list isn't mistaken for the long awaited Medusa.

Anyway, lets hope most of those designs come to life, or ABS, one day... so far, looking good already..

Great find, forgot these, let's hope it puts to rest the controversy over the Haunted House design, which clearly follows this initial sketch.

I wonder if the cyclops will be the Patrick recolour? And what if the fortune teller is the hypnotist himself?

:classic:

In regards to the Alien with the Space Marine armor, it makes sense from a pairing perspective. Many CMF can be grouped in pairs (good marketing) and the 'space' theme CMF could have these pairings:

• white space guy + black space guy
    103px-SM11s1%21.jpg103px-Spacvilg.jpg
  • pink space girl + female alien
    103px-Col093.jpgimagesqtbnand9gctflapjn.jpg
  • gray robot + black robot
    103px-RS1%21.jpg161px-8833-4.jpg
  • gray alien + green/purple alien
    103px-Col081.jpg103px-SPaALi1.jpg
  • space marine + ?????
    103px-Col104.jpgimagesqtbnand9gcswyf7sv.jpg

So the space marine alien looks like a good fit, if you accept that the gray alien is 'good'.

Edited by badbob001

That's a good observation badbob101.

And besides, who wouldn't like more of that armor? It's awesome!

In regards to the Alien with the Space Marine armor, it makes sense from a pairing perspective. Many CMF can be grouped in pairs (good marketing) and the 'space' theme CMF could have these pairings:

• white space guy + black space guy
    103px-SM11s1%21.jpg103px-Spacvilg.jpg
  • pink space girl + female alien
    103px-Col093.jpgimagesqtbnand9gctflapjn.jpg
  • gray robot + black robot
    103px-RS1%21.jpg161px-8833-4.jpg
  • gray alien + green/purple alien
    103px-Col081.jpg103px-SPaALi1.jpg
  • space marine + ?????
    103px-Col104.jpgimagesqtbnand9gcswyf7sv.jpg

So the space marine alien looks like a good fit, if you accept that the gray alien is 'good'.

Interesting.

I hadn't noticed that there were two of every other space CMF until now.

And if the Minifig in the video is actually the alien trooper, this makes great sense.

I wonder if the cyclops will be the Patrick recolour?

Considering there's already one presumably evil Space character included in this series, I hope the Cyclops will be classical mythology character either with standard minifig parts or a unique head/torso piece like the Minotaur.

If I'm right about the Cyclops, I think Medusa is rather unlikely alternative to the Mermaid, it would be too similarily themed to appear in the same series. Mermaid on the other hand can attract the attention of a lot of girls, so it sounds quite probable. Of course I too think that generally Medusa is bound to appear as a CMF sooner rather than later.

Of course I too think that generally Medusa is bound to appear as a CMF sooner rather than later.

I would love to have a Medusa character with a woman torso and a serpent bottom, like the one from ninjago:

200px-Venomari_General-2.png

I would love to be able to create a Naga character from Xanth. Would that snake bottom be too bulky for a CMF bag?

I would love to have a Medusa character with a woman torso and a serpent bottom, like the one from ninjago

Yeah, that's what I wish for too. I don't own any of those snakey bottom parts, but I imagine it's not that much bigger than the mermaid tail which did fit into a CMF bag (Ocean King).

It isn't too big, but it would be a tight squeeze. I would also like to see a Medusa, but I would also be fine without one.

Yeah, that's what I wish for too. I don't own any of those snakey bottom parts, but I imagine it's not that much bigger than the mermaid tail which did fit into a CMF bag (Ocean King).

I own all of the lead snakes except Pythor and unfortunately I think that the snake tails are too big to fit in the CMF packaging unless they do a new mold that makes the tail detachable from the lower body. If TLG does a Mesusa minifig (and I think they eventually will do so) then I think it will have regular human legs but have a new molded head or a new multi-snake headpiece that fits on a standard head. Hopefully, they will do the torso and leg printing in a way that it will work with the Serpentine lower body for those of us who already own the snake minifigs.