CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I assume the Black Zone is the Negative Zone we saw in the first 2 Superman movies

The 'Negative Zone' you're referring to is actually the Phantom Zone :wink: And as YangHao6998 mentioned, it actually says Black Zero, so I assume it's a villain of sorts.

Accoarding to smashing biricks

76007 is called Iron Man Malibu Mansion so it's and IM3 set

Not necesarilly, right? Isn't this the same mansion that was in the first Iron Man movie?

No matter what, I still think that set will be awesome :cry_happy:

Regards,

Mitch

All the sets names. We got are preliminary, obviously! And yes the house appeared in the first two dims, but in IM3 it's going to get attacked, destroyed and fall off into the ocean.

I don't think it will be Iron-man 3 after all the film comes out later on in the year. I'm guessing it will be 'catch up set' featuring parts from both previous films. Maybe a couple of old suits ( Mark I and Mark II, suit case suit and maybe a mark III) will most likely include Pepper, Hogan, Rhodes, Stain and Tony. I'm guessing it will also have empty spaces in the hall of armour for future suits.

I don't think it will be Iron-man 3 after all the film comes out later on in the year. I'm guessing it will be 'catch up set' featuring parts from both previous films. Maybe a couple of old suits ( Mark I and Mark II, suit case suit and maybe a mark III) will most likely include Pepper, Hogan, Rhodes, Stain and Tony. I'm guessing it will also have empty spaces in the hall of armour for future suits.

The other sets are Iron Man 3, so that one will be too.

Plus, a big effects/action scene will happen at the mansion in the film, so it makes sense that it gets a set.

That would be great! Especially if it includes a Tony Stark minifig with suitcase.

Extremis doesn't have to do with a suit case :classic: I think the suit you are talking about is the MK IV from IM2. It is similar I guess but not exactly the same. However that would be a sweet suit to get as well!

Extremis doesn't have to do with a suit case :classic: I think the suit you are talking about is the MK IV from IM2. It is similar I guess but not exactly the same. However that would be a sweet suit to get as well!

Maybe I am just a little overexcited. I read the following on Extremis and may have misunderstood:

It does seem to mix the MK IV with the IM3 promo/concept image

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReI1TSO1KmBbt7BO2kIlaABa4QNQ9QyRQe-_UhbWjlt7gftzPFaE7ubxvYcQ

Either way, I can't wait for the movie or TLG sets.

Edited by Crissmonster

Interesting news. I had a feeling Marvel 4 was one of the IM3 summer sets. A little disappointing that there doesn't seem to be any sets besides ones based on IM3 and MoS, but oh well. The Malibu Mansion could be a great set if it includes the hall of armors. I really hope to see War Machine in one of these sets (the IM2 version, not the fake Iron Patriot version).

Black Zero, eh? Had to look this guy up. Seems like a pretty obscure villain. Wasn't Zod supposed to be the villain in this movie? Either they're both in it, or they replaced Zod with Black Zero. Nolan is known for doing things a little differently, so I wouldn't be surprised if he chose a character as obscure as Dark Zero to be the villain in Man of Steel. Either way, this is definitely a spoiler.

Those three new IM3 sets sound great. I am particularly interested in the Mansion set, hoping for Tony Stark's lab. :drool:

*oh2* Whaaaat? Never saw this one coming but that doesn't isn't a welcome surprise. Maybe Avenger's Mansion really has a chance in the future.

I normally roll my eyes at the people who make the generic comments about their wallet hurting due to Lego, but 2014 seems to be a particularly expensive year potentially. I mean, with the rumored TMNT line, Super Hero's, The Hobbit, a Star Wars set here and there, and Galaxy Protectors or whatever the hell the new space line is called, I have some major budgeting to do.

Not necesarilly, right? Isn't this the same mansion that was in the first Iron Man movie?

No matter what, I still think that set will be awesome :cry_happy:

Regards,

Mitch

Yes, that would be the mansion from the first 2 IM movies (in theory). But here is one other interesting twist to that. (If you want to be a really really optimistic nerdling). Lego has not just the Marvel movie license, they also have the license for the full breadth of the comics. Tony Stark's Malibu Mansion is also sort of famous in the comics for being the home base for the Avengers West Coast team. So even if the actual set is limited to the movie, if it is a decent enough sized set, well the MOC possibilities will be awesome! If nothing else here's hoping that the set offers up the much desired War Machine minifig :wub_drool:

*oh2* Whaaaat? Never saw this one coming but that doesn't isn't a welcome surprise. Maybe Avenger's Mansion really has a chance in the future.

Sadly I see one horrible early mistake by Marvel movies that will prevent us from seeing a classic Avengers mansion set. I speak of Edwin Jarvis. :sceptic: For the Iron Man movie, before they had fully realized the idea of putting the full Marvel universe on film, they made the decision to change Jarvis from Tony's loyal butler to his computer valet. In large part to differentiate him from Batman's Alfred. It was an understandable decision from that perspective, but in some ways as the Avengers comes together it causes an issue as it eliminates one of the core characters. And without Jarvis any Avengers Mansion set is just a creator house. :cry_sad:

I wonder how big the mansion will be. It would be nice to have a proper one, instead of just a couple facade walls. I guess a modular is probably out of the question :laugh:

And without Jarvis any Avengers Mansion set is just a creator house. :cry_sad:

Well, even if Edwin Jarvis was included, it would still be a Creator house (except, you know, it would come with Jarvis) which is why I don't think they would make a set based on it either way, unless they do have it in a future Avengers movie and there's a significant action scene going on in or around it. The same reason why I don't think an X-Mansion or Wayne Manor is going to get made; they're basically just big, boring buildings, which is something TLG's demographic for this theme is not interested in.

But if it makes you feel any better, I remember computer Jarvis being able to materialize himself as a hologram in the old Iron Man cartoon, so if they decide to go that route for the movies as well, there just might be a chance he could get made into a minifig too. But that's highly optimistic thinking.

As for the Malibu Mansion, I'm pretty sure it wont be the entire mansion, probably just parts of the interior, much like the Helicarrier set.

I'd hazard a guess that any 'Malibu Mansion' (in the Iron Man sense, not the Barbie one) would be similar to the current Lego Batcave. So basically a two level playset, as opposed to a full on modular/creator four-walled house. You've got to remember Lego's CORE audience, which is kids.

A couple of 'mansion' rooms at the top with the lab beneath. With flick fire missiles.

Edited by andhe

Marginally off-topic...

I just watched the newest Ultimate Spiderman episode where Loki changes Spidey into Spider-Ham and he is chased around Manhattan by an Asgaardian hunting team. Coulson gets some good time in this one.

It got me thinking how cool it would be as a "Marvel 4." Doubtful, but it make me laugh to think of a Spider-Ham minifig. :laugh:

Marginally off-topic...

I just watched the newest Ultimate Spiderman episode where Loki changes Spidey into Spider-Ham and he is chased around Manhattan by an Asgaardian hunting team. Coulson gets some good time in this one.

It got me thinking how cool it would be as a "Marvel 4." Doubtful, but it make me laugh to think of a Spider-Ham minifig. :laugh:

I also thought that watching the episode!

Marginally off-topic...

I think that's one of the reasons that LEGO didn't make a Coulson figure for The Avengers sets. He gets a lot more action roles in the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon, where as in the film the only action scene they could include him in would be pretty violent for a kids playset. I'm glad that the ultimate spider-man sets have normal faces I was a little bit worried about them being like CW figs. Also Ultimate Spider-man sets might be the next best way of us getting another Hulk figure, he's already appeared in two episodes.

I'd hazard a guess that any 'Malibu Mansion' (in the Iron Man sense, not the Barbie one) would be similar to the current Lego Batcave. So basically a two level playset, as opposed to a full on modular/creator four-walled house. You've got to remember Lego's CORE audience, which is kids.

A couple of 'mansion' rooms at the top with the lab beneath. With flick fire missiles.

Just so long as it includes a brick built Shelby Cobra to crash land on!

I've got to admit, when I first read the line "Iron Man Malibu mansion", I couldn't help but laugh to myself. Immediately the Barbie Malibu beach house came to mind. It took me a few posts before I considered that this wasn't a joke.

I think that's one of the reasons that LEGO didn't make a Coulson figure for The Avengers sets. He gets a lot more action roles in the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon, where as in the film the only action scene they could include him in would be pretty violent for a kids playset. I'm glad that the ultimate spider-man sets have normal faces I was a little bit worried about them being like CW figs. Also Ultimate Spider-man sets might be the next best way of us getting another Hulk figure, he's already appeared in two episodes.

Agreed. I REALLY hope TLG issues a Coulson minifig. Even in polybag. :wub:

I've got to admit, when I first read the line "Iron Man Malibu mansion", I couldn't help but laugh to myself. Immediately the Barbie Malibu beach house came to mind. It took me a few posts before I considered that this wasn't a joke.

I thought the same thing! But I'm not gonna complain. It'd be a pretty sweet set.