Oky

2012 LEGO Boardgames Rumours & Discussion

I'm starting to think the Phineas and Ferb game was either delayed or cancelled. By delayed I mean to an October 2012 or January 2013 release. Hopefully we will get some info of the game at SDCC 2012 (or even info of a P&F theme)! :classic:

I know it came later than I thought, but after playing Ilrion a bit, I honestly like the way it plays. The main configuration is my favorite, as you can fight the vampire lord and bat, and use the fang of fury before ending the game. The king is the first friendly NPC in Heroica. I am ready to take pictures of the figures if anyone asks.

PS: Does anyone think Heroica boards could make 10,000 supporters on Cuusoo?

EDIT: Anyone who wants Nathuz should know, its on sale at Lego.com for 15 US dollars!

Edited by krystalKING

I don't think that Phineas and Ferb game is going to happen. If it were, I bet it'd be one of those contests to see who create the machine first?

-Sci

Nice! Thanks for sharing! I love Gandalf's hat. :laugh: Looks like a fun game with lots of useful pieces! A little disappointing that all the dwarfs look the same though. Does anyone know what the green tiles are supposed to be? Also, are those upside-down tiles? :oh: How else would they attach them underneath 2x2 jumper plates?

Also, are those upside-down tiles? :oh: How else would they attach them underneath 2x2 jumper plates?

Yes, they debuted in the Samurai Mech and remain exclusive to that set for the time being.

Yes, they debuted in the Samurai Mech and remain exclusive to that set for the time being.

EDIT: Yes, it is.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Oh yeah, forgot about those. :blush: Thanks.

Please resize that picture and post it again. The max size allowed is 800x600.

Sorry. Forgot about the image size rule. :blush:

Oh, and about the set- I really like the microfig Gandalf's hat. :thumbup:

Edited by just2good

I'm starting to think the Phineas and Ferb game was either delayed or cancelled. By delayed I mean to an October 2012 or January 2013 release.

Me too, especially now that we have seen the Hobbit game and nothing else. :sceptic: I hope it's not completely cancelled though.

Oh, and about the set- I really like the microfig Gandalf's hat. :thumbup:

Isn't the hat made of this en this piece? If so, I like the creative use of those pieces. :thumbup:

Anyone know what part is being used to hold up the red flag in the middle of the picture of the Hobbit game?

Isn't the hat made of this en this piece? If so, I like the creative use of those pieces. :thumbup:

Indeed, very simple yet effective!

Anyone know what part is being used to hold up the red flag in the middle of the picture of the Hobbit game?

It's probably this, but I'm not sure.

Nice! Thanks for sharing! I love Gandalf's hat. :laugh: Looks like a fun game with lots of useful pieces!

Seems like boring gameplay to me: another memory-style game for kids (almost all kids games have a memory aspect to them).

But if all these tiles are printed, I'm gonna buy it anyway.

I've enjoyed the other games but I find it a bit odd that it bears no real connection to the actual Hobbit storyline, would have expected more of a Heroica style questing aspect. And was hoping for a hobbit/Bilbo microfig...

Pictures for those that missed them

7608954180_efb2b3c5a0_m.jpg

hobbitgame2 by andhe :-), on Flickr

7608954322_79ba261e1b_n.jpg

hobbitgame by andhe :-), on Flickr

Seems like boring gameplay to me: another memory-style game for kids (almost all kids games have a memory aspect to them).

Well, I enjoyed games like these as a kid. Can't say how I would feel about them now without trying it...

Mind making those public so that we can see them? :sweet:

And I agree about the hobbit microfigs, but it wouldn't have made much sense for them to be the same height as the others anyway.

I've enjoyed the other games but I find it a bit odd that it bears no real connection to the actual Hobbit storyline, would have expected more of a Heroica style questing aspect. And was hoping for a hobbit/Bilbo microfig...

7608954180_efb2b3c5a0_m.jpg

hobbitgame2 by andhe :-), on Flickr

7608954322_79ba261e1b_n.jpg

hobbitgame by andhe :-), on Flickr

Heh... not sure what I think of this. :sceptic:

Looks a bit baby-ish, even to me... :sadnew:

I saw my nephew play with his heroica board game and it looked way cooler and more intricate than this. With weapons, battles, etc

I agree with you, it should have had Bilbo (and Thorin!) and actually related to the storyline, with enemies to fight (goblins, wolves, spiders etc). And what the heck is Frodo doing there? He wasn't even born in the time of the Erebor quest! And what's up with his Han Solo/Meriadoc smirk?

With that said, the LOTR sets are amazing (got all 7 of them), the first announced Hobbit set (Bag End) is also amazing, but I will skip this.

This might even be damaging to the image of the license since little kids will think The Hobbit is about a bunch of dwarves getting lost in Hobbit Holes. :thumbdown:

Edited by SheepEater

My interest in the game is all the new parts. I wonder how are the picture tiles connected to the green piece on the other side. Are we finally getting a "plate with studs on both side" (4 on one side and 1 on the other)? :oh:

My interest in the game is all the new parts. I wonder how are the picture tiles connected to the green piece on the other side. Are we finally getting a "plate with studs on both side" (4 on one side and 1 on the other)? :oh:

Most believe the tiles have studs on the other side - (this is a new part already used for Ninjago) and that the green piece is just a 2x2 jumper plate common in Heroica.

I personally can't see any other use for the printed tiles, so I hope for MOC sake either they are stickers*, or the studs are on the green piece as you suggest. But I don't reckon so.

*however annoying that would be, and un-kiddie-friendly

I personally can't see any other use for the printed tiles, so I hope for MOC sake either they are stickers*, or the studs are on the green piece as you suggest. But I don't reckon so.

I hope they'll be regular tiles, as well, though - like you - I don't believe they will. But I'd prefer stud-tiles over stickers, since I think the Hobbit character tiles would make good portraits to add some variety from the ship we see everywhere. The MMV portraits, unfortunately, are only for those who use stickers.

I hope they'll be regular tiles, as well, though - like you - I don't believe they will. But I'd prefer stud-tiles over stickers, since I think the Hobbit character tiles would make good portraits to add some variety from the ship we see everywhere. The MMV portraits, unfortunately, are only for those who use stickers.

The problem with the inverted tiles as portraits would be that they would be harder to affix to a wall, since they would have four studs, and there aren't many SNOT bricks that could allow for those on a relatively thin wall (best examples I can think of are this and this, both of which would require a wall at least 2 modules thick).

Stickers would alleviate this problem, but honestly I expect these inverted tiles to be printed event though it would be the first time we've seen that part with printing. The LEGO Games already have more setup required than a lot of board games, and stickers would put yet another step between opening the box for the first time and playing the game. This is likely why the LEGO Games so far have used more printed elements than a lot of sets, even when it means creating a specialized print that will not likely be used again.

This game may be a simple, somewhat juvenile-seeming memory game, but I'm curious if there are any twists to its gameplay. In the meantime it could be a great parts palette with all those 1x4 curved slope/arch pieces.