whung

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 7 Discussion

! I felt around for 20 minutes and got two of my favorites- the computer tech, and Galaxy Patrol! :sweet:

! I felt around for 20 minutes and got two of my favorites- the computer tech, and Galaxy Patrol! :sweet:

JEALOUS.

Still haven't found any in Minnesota... :/

-Sci

Found four fresh boxes at a local Toys R Us. After looking through the complete series again in hand, I have to echo what some have said about the Aztec. He isn't as great as I thought he would be. It might have something to do with the gold. I'll have to say the Knight is my favorite in this series.

JEALOUS.

Still haven't found any in Minnesota... :/

-Sci

Well, they have them. I'm in St. Paul, and two trips to the Maplewood TRU got me 11 minifgs. Depending on where you live, it may be worth the drive.

They finally got to Madison, WI this week. Picked myself up a box.

*snip*

Oh...you're so lucky!! I'm drooling over here! Seriously, those guitars! I want them so badly! And even more important, I SEE BAGPIPES! I'm gonna buy so many bagpipers when they're over here in Manitoba.

*snip*

Wow, I'm really jealous at you right now! I want them! :wub_drool:

I think that it's a good detail on the viking woman that she's blonde. Most of us up here (the vikings comes from up here) are blonde! :laugh:

Edited by LEGOfan123

-snippity snip!-

:drool:

Lucky..

Heading to Minneapolis today..hopefully somewhere has them.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

I am sure this question has been brought up before in this thread, so forgive me for asking again: is there any indication when these will be available at S&H? i.e. in accordance with an official release date

I am sure this question has been brought up before in this thread, so forgive me for asking again: is there any indication when these will be available at S&H? i.e. in accordance with an official release date

I think that they will be available on S@H on the 1st of May. :classic:

It depends where you are. In the UK, they're available on S@H already.

Went to Fred Meyers today, and once again found Series 7. :cry_happy: I bought a Tennis Ace, two (accidentally)Valkyries, and a Bride. I am happy that I have 2 Valkyries, that is a good minifigure. I don't see the rant about the Tennis Ace, he is also really good. The bride was on my top list, she is amazingly detailed, but her veil is really flimsy. :cry_sad: Is the Daredevil's cape lower quality as well?

Edited by TrumpetKing67

I get a discount at Target so I'm really waiting til they show up there. Bit the bullet today though and picked up two at TRU. They had two boxes out that looked well searched. I started to feel the bags and the first one was one I want (I want them all :devil: ) the Daredevil and the second one I thought was galaxy patrol and I was on my way. What I thought was galaxy patrol was really the Knight. They are both great but be careful with the knight's armor and don't rush feeling the bags. I was hurried since I was late to pick up my girlfriend.

Went to Fred Meyers today, and once again found Series 7. :cry_happy: I bought a Tennis Ace, two (accidentally)Valkyries, and a Bride. I am happy that I have 2 Valkyries, that is a good minifigure. I don't see the rant about the Tennis Ace, he is also really good. The bride was on my top list, she is amazingly detailed, but her veil is really flimsy. :cry_sad: Is the Daredevil's cape lower quality as well?

The cape is just like any other cape. I don't see the problem with the veil, it's supposed to be very light and flimsy. :wink:

The cape is just like any other cape. I don't see the problem with the veil, it's supposed to be very light and flimsy. :wink:

Yes, But it comes off with every little accidental movement, (though that is probably the tiara's fault), and this just feels like a lower-quality cape, as if it is extremely easy to rip.

Is the Daredevil's cape lower quality as well?

I didn't feel the lower quality, but I was definitely a little disappointed the cape wasn't printed with some stars or something... (I should have picked up it was plain white in WhiteFang's review but somehow didn't)

I totally agree on the flimsiness of the tiara+veil and cannot handle the bride without unsnapping it...

Well on Saturday I called up TRU and they had them the series 6 & 7 minifigures (still didn't get most of series 6 till Saturday) Anyways I went and spent about 1-2 hours feeling and look through both series 6 & 7 packs. I finally went to the counter bought them and left for home. When I got home I quickly opened them and no duplicates on series 6!! Then on series 7 I got 3 duplicates which is not bad. So I got 20/23 that were not duplicates so if you live in Austin, Texas you are in luck at TRU!

Happy Collecting!

Rail Co

Stopped by the TRU today in hopes of finding some CMS series 7 and they had 3 full boxes! The employee let me search the box and I got the two figs i wanted - the knight and Galaxy Patrol. Absolutely love the GP fig but I have to say I am disappointed that the knight torso has zero printing on it. The rest of the fig is nice but at least a little printing would have been appreciated Lego! On a final note I continue to dislike the Chinese? plastic that the figs continue to be made of. Love the CMS but the usual plastic Lego uses for figs would put them over the top - I would honestly pay more for the better quality.

I apologize if this has been mentioned before in the 42 page thread but I think it would of have been pretty nice if LEGO created the Hippie's torso with a random mix of ABS granules in the primary colours just to give it that "tie-dye" look.

I know that this is off topic, but I wrote a letter to TLG with my wish-list, (I know, Santa childhood scenario) and they said due to legal reasons they can't use them in one full series. I asked for info on series 8, (i.e. pictures) and they did confirm a Series 9, but other than that, nothing.

I don't know if I'm getting better or what, but this series has been the easiest for me to get the whole set (but than again, it helps to get to the LEGO store early on the first day!)

My local Toys R Us had some open packs for sale. It's good for those who aren't good at the feel method.