I Scream Clone

Nocturnus Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I've almost finished my entry for challenge 3...just a few more builds to go. Let me know what you think so far (there will be a story linking all those builds together of cause).

Needless to say, that is fantastic work. You're going all-in on this challege!

I'f you really want critisism, perhaps uploading a bigger picture of the throneroom could be an improvement ;)

Cheers guys, I'll try to get another shot of the throne room...maybe :look:.

The story and pics can be found here...still needs the final battle of the guardians to be added though...

Cheers guys, I'll try to get another shot of the throne room...maybe :look:.

The story and pics can be found here...still needs the final battle of the guardians to be added though...

Did I miss your thread somehow? It looks like it was posted 2 days ago. Hmm, anyway, great story, very easy to read and interesting characters. Shall I add the builds to the nocturnus map?

I just had my first birhtday as a AFOL. It's pretty great. With 'normal' people, it's difficult to think of a decent present for them, so people give the usual wine of bestseller-book. But for an AFOL it's easy to come with something appropriate. Finally I got that Friends-set I've always wanted!

6904321578_7ac99977f6.jpg

Finally some darkgray and darkbrown for my MOCs.

Did I miss your thread somehow? It looks like it was posted 2 days ago.

I'm oh so sneaky....

Shall I add the builds to the nocturnus map?

Yes please...I'll leave the positioning up to you. :thumbup:

I just had my first birhtday as a AFOL.

Happy Birthday ! :drunk:

Ooh naughty double poster...:blush:

But I've finished my entry for challenge III..the pic is a link.

Please let me know if you approve ...or not.

6913511178_0b1c742800_z.jpg

looking good, Tazmaniac ;)

btw, Drow are not sleeping eather ;) check the thread ;)

There is no rest for the wicked when angels are defending (the gem:))

ambiangel-02.jpg

Looks great mate but those first three pics are too big, could you resize them to 800x600 max..Cheers :thumbup:

I linked the pictures from MocPages now :thumbup:

Edit:

I finished my challenge entry today, maybe this was my only change to do that.

Some bricks are missing, but I do not tell you which ones :grin:

1334157362m_DISPLAY.jpg

follow this picture

Edited by Hersbrucker

I've added my last update to my entry...

That building is looking awesome! I love it. Is there a background story to mountain pass keep?

Nice round shapes around the doors, quite interesting. Great how you experiment with that new wall-technique. That round tower technique works great next to the 2x1 plate technique.

I can imagine that it might cause some troubles as well. Problems with sturdiness, or adding battlement for example? Also, do u build a normal grey wall behind it, to cover the holes between the plates?

That building is looking awesome! I love it. Is there a background story to mountain pass keep?

Nice round shapes around the doors, quite interesting. Great how you experiment with that new wall-technique. That round tower technique works great next to the 2x1 plate technique.

I can imagine that it might cause some troubles as well. Problems with sturdiness, or adding battlement for example? Also, do u build a normal grey wall behind it, to cover the holes between the plates?

I've been wanting to build this for a while (or something big with this technique). Yes there is a grey wall behind it and that's what I've attached the battlements to, by placing tiles on the top row there is no need to get the studs lined up but still sits nice and flush , giving the appearance that they are connected. So stability is not really an issue, the tower on the other hand you might notice is a fair bit tighter than ones built with 1x1 round bricks and 1x2 bricks technique due to the fact the plates are at too great an angle to place the studs along side them. There for they are only connected in a couple of places and the majority of the plates are just resting on the corner of the one diagonally below.....if that makes sense...surprisingly sturdy once complete though.

I do plan to refine this technique though, looking at it now I sort of wish I'd added more mottling to it with dark bley and more dark tan....plenty of time for that though. :wink:

Dear People of Nocturnus!

I've built a little tribute for you guys. This is Rufus, a member of the Woodward Companion in Woodward Avalonia. He has his origins in Nocturnus and so have some other members of the Companion. I hope you like it.

rufus1.jpg

rufus2.jpg

rufus3.jpg

With love from Avalonia.

Attention Guild members!

Due to the scale and complexity of Challenge 3, and the great number of builders who need more time to finish their entrees, we are officially extending the deadline for Challenge 3 by 2 weeks.

This is a one-time only extension that we give because we want to see everyone at their best.

If you have already submitted, take this as an opportunity to refine your design, or focus on free builds instead; the choice is yours!

The new deadline is now May 12th 2012.

Thank you for your hard work!

-The Guild Leaders

SNIP

The new deadline is now May 12th 2012.

Thank you for your hard work!

-The Guild Leaders

That is a quite convenient. I had already given up on making the deadline. I wanted to train my landscaping-skills in a small freebuild before creating it in large scale for the challenge, but it didn't leave me enough time to finish the entry. Now I might actually make an entry for the challenge!

Whew! More time. That's good, I was thinking of cutting a chapter, now I might add a chapter!

Thanks for the extension!

Hey fellow guild members I'm after your thoughts...concerning my entry, do you think I should remove the parchment background (like in the last pic) ?

Also with the extension would you like to see the story continue ? with a possible twist or do you think I should leave it as is?

I've rebuilt the first scene but have not yet taken any photos , I'll post it soon.

Thanks in advance.

The Background is great, I have no time to do something like that.

And I like to see your story continued... but maybe with the next challenge.

This is perfect as it is now!

My Opinion

Hey fellow guild members I'm after your thoughts...concerning my entry, do you think I should remove the parchment background (like in the last pic) ?

Also with the extension would you like to see the story continue ? with a possible twist or do you think I should leave it as is?

I've rebuilt the first scene but have not yet taken any photos , I'll post it soon.

Thanks in advance.

The background is great, I think you should leave it. It makes it more of a "story" written down on pages. You could definitely add extra parts if you want, there's plenty of time left and room for more action in the quest even though I myself would be stoked with the effort so far as it is!

Thanks in advance.

Your parchment backgrounds are better than my parking lot backgrounds.

Speaking of which, I finally posted chapter II of challenge III

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=68632