Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I got there about two hours earlier than you, just read my post (two above your one at 6.35) :grin:

However to make up for it I will chose you after I am done.

Sound Fair?

Ok, not meaning to be pressuring, was just confused a bit there. Suck at elven stuff, any takers?

Edited by volcanicpanik

Ok, not meaning to be pressuring, was just confused a bit there. Suck at elven stuff, any takers?

Howdy partner!

Let me see if I got it right: do you want to give the Elven task to another member?

I would be happy to get this task! It's up to you!

I am the Agricultural Leader!

Also, the pictures of my Avatar and army will be up on the weekend!

I totally like and support the uniform colored "Army of the Guild" with "dark gray torso's and added sand green arms and dark green legs." as described by our faction leader. Dark gray torsos are available at crown knights, vikings, lion knights and many other themes. They will form the central army of Avalonia.

Besides mitgardian uniform can easily be enough different than ours if they use enough yellow in their uniform.

Maybe dragon knight minifigure torso design can be used directly as for city/town guard or a police force to reinforce the central army during wartimes..

And Elf torsos should be used for most elite part of the central army since these parts are more expensive in comparison to others..

I just became the first Champion of Avalonia!

Who wants to be the next one?

I am waiting for volunteers.

Edited by timura

I totally like and support the uniform colored "Army of the Guild" with "dark gray torso's and added sand green arms and dark green legs." as described by our faction leader. Dark gray torsos are available at crown knights, vikings, lion knights and many other themes. They will form the central army of Avalonia.

Besides mitgardian uniform can easily be enough different than ours if they use enough yellow in their uniform.

Maybe dragon knight minifigure torso design can be used directly as for city/town guard or a police force to reinforce the central army during wartimes..

And Elf torsos should be used for most elite part of the central army since these parts are more expensive in comparison to others..

Agreed, I think unity amongst the primary forces of Avalonia is important. Also, one of the best (and cheapest) sets for dragon barding, dragon plate armor and a dark grey torso is on sale this week at toys r us in the USA, buy one get one half off. (Escape from Dragon Prison) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11486125

Work has been going slow of late on one of our villages, so Artorious has set of to inspect the construction. It was also a good chance to flex some of our new spearmen's legs and bring some along for the march. More men are now being put on construction duties and work should be finished soon. Then plans can start on some serious construction!

6334668910_96ec9784e3.jpg

6334668900_f64ddd6325.jpg

6334668916_1e8727be65.jpg

The visored knights are the same ones I used before, just added a plain breast plate and crownie silver visor helms. I think the standard Green Dragon Knight fig's torso is perfect, its dark green and sand green after all, so It works great, plus they are easily available to get hold of.

Agreed, I think unity amongst the primary forces of Avalonia is important. Also, one of the best (and cheapest) sets for dragon barding, dragon plate armor and a dark grey torso is on sale this week at toys r us in the USA, buy one get one half off. (Escape from Dragon Prison) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11486125

Nice, I like that set as you get a few extra dragon shields, plus the barding and knight look awesome. I hope to pick up a few more of that set.

Anyone else afraid of cracking the torso when popping the light green arms out? :blush:

I pop arms in and out all the time and have yet to see a cracked side. I would imagine it would need many repetitions and ongoing stress to crack, or old age of course. I suppose be careful with it if you are concerned.

Nice, I like that set as you get a few extra dragon shields, plus the barding and knight look awesome. I hope to pick up a few more of that set.

I should also mention that almost all lego sets at Toys R Us in the USA are buy one get one 50% off including all the available Kingdoms sets.

Edited by Silver.Smith

Work has been going slow of late on one of our villages, so Artorious has set of to inspect the construction. It was also a good chance to flex some of our new spearmen's legs and bring some along for the march. More men are now being put on construction duties and work should be finished soon. Then plans can start on some serious construction!

6334668910_96ec9784e3.jpg

6334668900_f64ddd6325.jpg

6334668916_1e8727be65.jpg

The visored knights are the same ones I used before, just added a plain breast plate and crownie silver visor helms. I think the standard Green Dragon Knight fig's torso is perfect, its dark green and sand green after all, so It works great, plus they are easily available to get hold of.

Actually i like your knght with visor, but i think visors, round collector minifig shield etc. these items are too expansive for a standart uniform. those are your elite knights i think :D

I really liked and want to accept the previous custom ones with the silver "helmet with neck protector". helmets with neck protectors are lookin great AND they are cheap.

Edited by timura

Anyone else afraid of cracking the torso when popping the light green arms out? :blush:

Well I have already cracked an arm. :cry_sad:

But for the guild risks shall be taken. :dhappy:

Few minutes ago i took out one sand green elf arm out and try to fit into the dark bluish gray lion knight torso.

Something very unexpected happened. arm-torso connection was very loose. Figure cant hold its arm up even empty handed.

I hope that this situation occur only with the green arms from the elf figures. Beacuse all other arms with different colors dont give the sam result on lin torsos.

Maybe its a quality issu with the collector minifigures. I dont know..

Derfel, may i ask. From which type of torso did you take sand green arms to put into gray torsos (for creation of the small squad)

Edited by timura

Hail. I am Andoni, Lord of Elves. I and my band of Elves are here to pledge our allegiance to Avalonia. We will allow safe passage through our lands. Long live Avalonia!

6336700105_4f6a1615ed_m.jpg

6340517977_0491f65c7b_m.jpg

Edited by Andonii

Few minutes ago i took out one sand green elf arm out and try to fit into the dark bluish gray lion knight torso.

Something very unexpected happened. arm-torso connection was very loose. Figure cant hold its arm up even empty handed.

I hope that this situation occur only with the green arms from the elf figures. Beacuse all other arms with different colors dont give the sam result on lin torsos.

Derfel, may i ask. From which type of torso did you take sand green arms to put into gray torsos (for creation of the small squad)

I've had this same issue in the past, and I no longer remove the arms from the torso they came on as a result. It's possible the force of disconnecting the arm smushed the plastic out of spec or the ring that connects the arm part to the torso part got smashed together.

Edited by Silver.Smith

I've had this same issue in the past, and I no longer remove the arms from the torso they came on as a result. It's possible the force of disconnecting the arm smushed the plastic out of spec or the ring that connects the arm part to the torso part got smashed together.

It's also much easier to make the arm loose if you do it to a China plastic (CMF, in this case) arm instead of a regular arm.

Members of the Guild I give you your first High Lord Executioner

Leon Berger

Born in a small farming community Leon was over-burdened with Love, his parents gave him so much that it made the poor boy quite insane, running away to join the army he managed to turn that madness in to brilliance and he became a successful commander of men.

6335619800_f1bd8b2322_z.jpg

With this military genius there was also pain, as he cared little for life his men suffered greatly and his attrition rate was the worst in living memory.

6335620756_5597f198d9.jpg

In revenge for so many lost comrades the lower ranks ambushed him one night and removed one of his eyes and all of the skin on his face and hands.

6334882649_e5f18fbc61.jpg

With this pain his madness developed and he left the army in disgrace, eventually he was spotted by Artorious Rex and given a job as his Executioner.

He is now much happier, though still crazy.

I would like to now offer guild member volcanicpanik a chance to create his version of the High Lord Executioner

Cheers all

I am just assuming since I don't have any, but I think maybe the Orc arms were sand green? And I would imagine a lot of people have extras of those if they purchased any of the Fantasy Era sets. Sadly, I did not, so I only have the CMF Elf also. But I have not tried to switch those arms out of their torso, so they may have a QC issue. I have tried with many other lego products, even earlier Crusader/Black Falcon figures from 20 years ago and those don't seem to be loose or cracked, so I'm not sure.

I am just assuming since I don't have any, but I think maybe the Orc arms were sand green? And I would imagine a lot of people have extras of those if they purchased any of the Fantasy Era sets. Sadly, I did not, so I only have the CMF Elf also. But I have not tried to switch those arms out of their torso, so they may have a QC issue. I have tried with many other lego products, even earlier Crusader/Black Falcon figures from 20 years ago and those don't seem to be loose or cracked, so I'm not sure.

It's an issue with the China plastic. All my CMFs have it, including some S5 minifigs that I took the arms out of. (loosened, not cracked)

Sir Sven: That´s one bad looking fellow! :wink: Really great moc! I bet that the two prisoners are nocturnian...

Keep in mind that collectible series minifigs are MUCH MUCH lower quality than others. They should not be mixed (I buy only few of each series, for parts, faces etc). The puling hands and arms really stress those minifigs (and I have some 20 years old that I have been playing with last 20 years, and they are holding almost like new)