kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Lookng at the boxes, Black Phantom will probably be the most expensive(titan price), Splitface/Breez/Furno/Rocka at villans price and Surge/Evo/Thornraxx/Jawblade/Toxic Reapa at hero prices :classic:

Any chance for Stormer XL? :look:

Awesome!! finally can buy some villains with my low budget, thanks!

Oh and by the way, to the person who said that the 'backgrounds' could be training spheres, I think those are jail cells as to why Black Phantom's bursting out of one and the 'studs' on it if extended could look like bars, but eh, I dunno

Edited by Phantoka_Chirox

@Aanchir: Yeah, your right. they look more like searchlights. I guess the firey color was throwing me off. (But it would be cool if the Hero Factory got bombed)

Anywho, is anyone else getting an urge to want to build legs for Jawblade? I don't know, a Shark mech-suit just appeals to me. Speaking of Jawblade, I noticed he uses Gorast's feet for the lower jaw. There appears to be a pretty decent amount of Bionicle pieces being re-used.

Hmmm... Now that I'm looking at him, Phantom isn't looking too bad (believe it or not). I think one of my main complaints (and this goes for a few villains as well) are all the tubes. They just don't seem to work well. Also, I really don't like the mace all too much. Don't know why, but it would be awesome if they included the green color seen in the "Breakout" picture.

Kalhiki

Thank you very much! And thank you, Mesonak, of course.

First off, no purple/lilac! Ah well, there's still Joker I guess.

Ugh, Black Phantom is yet another Fire Lord-Rocka XL clone: a huge step down afer the villainous awesomeness that was Witch Doctor. I love his staff, however. I'm sure he will look better once we get more finalized pics- but I'm surely going to heavily modify him.

The heroes are a mixed bag. I love Rocka, Evo and Surge, and I love how the heroes appear taller, more Toa-like (not that I mind the 2011 designs). On the downside, Furno and Breez don't interest me much (Breez is slightly cooler however) and I really don't like Evo's new helmet.

The new villains are pretty cool. I love Splitface and the idea behind him, although I would've preferred some other colour raher than having red AGAIN.

Thornraxx's best aspect is his colour scheme- hooaray for the return of light blue (or is it teal?)! The whole figure looks very cool as well, definitely buying him.

Jawblade is probably my least favourite of the quartet, but that doesn't mean that I dislike him, he's actually pretty cool..but he has such a boring colour scheme when compared to the other bad guys, and I'm not too fond of his head and of his arms.

Finally..Reapa! Looks like most of us were wrong about him, no way this guy is a hero, he's so ugly :D Awesome ugly, that is. But what interests me the most, admittely, are the neon green armour pieces. Those things are so awesome I can't even begin to describe my joy at seeing them. Hero Factory has been more generous with trasparent (non-eye) pieces than Bionicle ever was (exluding 2006 but mostly 2007, those years were marvelous), the only colour that is left now would be transparent light blue, but more colours are welcome as well.

That's it for now. I have to sleep now..

Shakar

Edited by Shakar

Hold your horses.

How the hay are those pieces attached to Rocka's Launcher? He has a Glato2011 hand but the attachment of the Blades-thingies are impossible.

New piece?

Hold your horses.

How the hay are those pieces attached to Rocka's Launcher? He has a Glato2011 hand but the attachment of the Blades-thingies are impossible.

New piece?

What, you mean the neon green things (you talked about the Glatorian hand so I assume you're referring to that arm)? I guess they slide and then attach, like a Rahkshi/Inika foot would. If you're talking about the other arm, I think the launcher has one O hole on each side that allows the Life on Mars robotic arms to connect the launcher to the Drilldozer/Jetbug claws. Edited by Shakar

Hello! I came back from the dead. But looks like I came late.

What happened to the 2012 pics? Did Brickshelf delete them? I swear that site scares me sometimes.

They scare you because they delete images that are illegal to distribute?

I was talking about the Crossbow.

From the group shot you can see he has a grey Glat2011 hand, but the crossbow only looks like a crossbow for the fact that it has the Jetbug's pincers attached to it. But how can they be attached if the Glatorian hands only have two axle connectors :wacko:

I was talking about the Crossbow.

From the group shot you can see he has a grey Glat2011 hand, but the crossbow only looks like a crossbow for the fact that it has the Jetbug's pincers attached to it. But how can they be attached if the Glatorian hands only have two axle connectors :wacko:

From the "Breakout" picture? How can you tell it's a Glat2011 hand? All I can see is a shadow.

Kalhiki

Edited by Kalhiki

From the "Breakout" picture? How can you tell it's a Glat2011 hand? All I can see is a shadow.

Kalhiki

You can make up the shape if you look very closely, it's a side look resemblance of the Glat2011 hand..

You can make up the shape if you look very closely, it's a side look resemblance of the Glat2011 hand..

Eh, sorry. Still not seeing it. Maybe it's just the angle that's giving it the illusion that it's the hand.

More interestingly, though, if you look at Rocka's individual picture, it appears the Thornax Launcher piece is a trans-lime green (like his shield). If this is true, that would be overly awesome.

Kalhiki

He has a normal socket in that place, not a Glatorian hand. The bottom of the thornax launcher attaches to the bottom of the socket, the new barrel piece attaches to the top of the socket, and the click parts attach to the front of the socket.

He has a normal socket in that place, not a Glatorian hand. The bottom of the thornax launcher attaches to the bottom of the socket, the new barrel piece attaches to the top of the socket, and the click parts attach to the front of the socket.

He has a normal socket?

Upon even closer inspection, he does have a normal socket :blush:

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

Can anyone manage to see if Surge has a second fist to wield his gun? Also, I don't really like the fact that he has lime green fists. His colour scheme is kind of odd - while it worked with his 2.0 form, bringing out the lime green like this looks... Weird.

Also, don't really like the white on Furno and Breez.

Just noticed that Toxic Reapa has no armour on his lower limbs and he's using Avtoran feet. Otherwise, amazing figure, like I said.

Okay, I really want to like then, and I think I do but I'm not sure. Anyway, apart from Surge, the heros look good an I will probably just touch them up a bit with the 2.0/3.0 versions.

What, you mean the neon green things (you talked about the Glatorian hand so I assume you're referring to that arm)? I guess they slide and then attach, like a Rahkshi/Inika foot would. If you're talking about the other arm, I think the launcher has one O hole on each side that allows the Life on Mars robotic arms to connect the launcher to the Drilldozer/Jetbug claws.

What is with those neon green things anyway. What are they for? Breez has them too, and they make both heroes look more cluttered. The new launchers are much better, they actually look like a projectile weapon, but aren't overly bulky like a Cordax blaster.

^^ They seem like some sort of energy shield to me. But they could have been done a bit better. I love the hexagon cells it's made of, however.

One thing that I would love to clarify: Thronraxx's secondary colour: teal or light blue (like on classical Gali, Boggarak, Thok, Kiina..)? To me it seems really unlikely that they have teal returning only now, and only in a few pieces... :sceptic:

On closer inspection, damn I love Rocka. He's definitely the first set I'll be getting, and I also really like Evo and Furno, but Breeze, as cool as her weapons are, doesn't cut it for me,, and Surge isn't great either. The villains are mixed, Splitface and Reaper are awesome but the others are mediocore. I'm not sure about the masks returning though. Hopefully preliminary because Rocka and Evo have really great new moulds.

Agreed. Rocka to me is absolutely the best of the new heroes. He's a huge leap froward compared to both his 3.0 counterparts (I don't own him, but I do have Rocka XL and I built his smaller form from his pieces). At first I mIssed his white head, but now that I see he has more neon green on his body I like his new head much more. Black+gold+neon green= excellent colour scheme.

Evo is growing on me. I still miss lilac though. I can't believe I noticed the white on Breez and Furno only now, I thought that was silver...I really don't like that choice, I'm definetely going to replace those pieces.

I don't like the lime green on Surge. It used to be fne in his 2.0 form, but that was because only the eyes and the core had that colour. On the limb plates..meh, too much of a bright solid colour when compared to the bright blue. Navy blue instead of bright blue would have looked lovely, that is the sole "Metru colour" I can't get enough of. I'm thinking of replacing the lime green with Reapa's neon green and some silver, I wonder how he would look?

Edited by Shakar

Anyone else notice canisters have been scrapped?

Of course. Hard not to. But the new packages seem like they might still be sturdy and resealable, in which case we would presumably get all of the benefits of canisters with fewer drawbacks. Of course, we might still be getting a Toa Mahri type situation, but given the frequent zipper motifs that make little sense from a story perspective it seems likely to me that there must be some way of resealing the packaging.

I am going to miss the previous style of hero canisters, though. I had grown quite fond of those for their small size, stylish design, and stackability.

Edited by Aanchir

I just threw all my canisters to a PET recycling container today. When you don't intend to use them, they are really cruel space crowders. I think that TLG is doing the environment a favor here. I am also very sure there is a zipper in the new containers. They are bags. Still plastic bags but at least more useful. It also seems that it would be easy to get rid of the "box art" in case you want to use the bags for something else.

At worst, you will be able to keep the bags using less space.

What I don't like is that all the characters but Phantom use the new packaging. I liked boxed villains.

I never thought the canisters had stack-ability. The 1.0-3.0 canisters surely can't be stacked unless you do it horizontally, but the curved surface is also difficult. Glatorian canisters were stackable. But that's not true for glatorian legends or mystica/phantoka canisters.

What do you mean "expensive colors"? I'm pretty sure metallic colors in general are much more expensive than Medium Lilac. And there are several of those in Hero Factory.

Medium Lilac may be more expensive than the more basic LEGO colors like Bright Red and Bright Yellow.

Oh. I was told "Gold" was expensive. Thanks for noting my gullible-ness.

No, her swords are entirely new. You might be thinking of this, the only Technic weapon piece to debut in Exo-Force (and sadly never used outside that theme). Breez's weapon is new-- it's also used at the end of Black Phantom's staff and on the "Ultrabuild" Batman action figure, so it's not exclusive to this set, but it's still brand new for 2012.

Personally, Breez is my favorite of the new Heroes.

Now that I take a second look, you're right. But I still don't understand the like for Breez. Unnecessary rockets, 1.0 feet... Ugh.

Worry you? How?

The fact that they might touch the head in certain posses, of course. I don't get how you don't see that.

I like Toxic Reapa also, but keep in mind that it's a bit early to call any figure flawless, especially one like Toxic Reapa who seems to have an unconventional build. While creative builds are nice, they often open up the possibility that the set will look weaker from different angles.

Oh. I didn't think of that.

Why do people keep saying that? Is it as though Thunder is the only villain set ever allowed to have a big, blocky lower jaw? Honestly, besides his face and the fact that his build is asymmetrical, he has no similarities to Thunder at all. You might as well say that Kopaka Nuva is another 2001 Tahu because he has a sword and an oval-shaped mouth.

How the heck does Kopaka Nuva's head look anything like an Hau? Ok, maybe it does now that you mention it, but I never thought so.

No similarities to Thunder at all? What about the metallic colors, finger-ish things, bulky, meteor launcher and dare I name more?

I don't get why people call him "another Thunder". All of the qualities of Thunder that you mentioned are not qualities that only Thunder possessed. If we're going to name a set that had metallic colors, was bulky, had "finger-ish things", and had a meteor launcher, then Fire Lord is a Thunder clone.

The only thing that even looks like Thunder is the face. Honestly, this is just as bad as calling Jawblade a Fangz repeat when the only thing similar is the head color and that he has trans-red. It makes no sense.