Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

I ain't paying 200 euro for a Lego set,that's just to much for my wallet to handle.

I've started saving, i just hope the set itself is worthwhile. When a set is d2c  expensive every part of it has to make sense,  the build, the amount of bricks, the amount of figures, what characters has been selected   and the execution of said figures. 

If it works out i'm in favor of them just doing one grand d2c, Instead of smaller sets not worth displaying.

I'm a minifigure collector,which means my primary focus are the minifigs not the set itself.That's why I prefer small or medium sets rather than a overpriced big set.

Not to mention D2C sets are exclusive to some countries and I'm not the kind of guy who orders from outside my country.The shipping cost is just too high.

So yea that's why I keep mentioning for a chance of normal sets being released,because I can afford them.

Edited by LOTR34

Looks like we have a set number. Drumroll..........

Edited by CM4Sci

So I guess this makes it official....oh well,one set it is then.

Now the long wait for the pictures begins.....

Edited by LOTR34

Meanwhile I'm playing around with the old sets for more accuracy.  I think lowering the front does a lot for the ship's silhouette.

Couple more pictures here.

2zevuq9.png

17 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

So I guess this makes it official....oh well,one set it is then.

Now the long wait for the pictures begins.....

We need to know the ship first of all.

On 10/15/2016 at 11:10 AM, deskp said:

Meanwhile I'm playing around with the old sets for more accuracy.  I think lowering the front does a lot for the ship's silhouette.

Couple more pictures here.

You should make a topic of this MOD in the Pirate Forum

I don't think MODs or MOCs should be discussed in this topic, which is about POTC sets.
Feel free to share a link to your topic in this discussion. :thumbup: 

I noticed that in the new modular building set 10255 Assembly Square, there's a parrot with new yellow and blue colouring... in the PotC films, Mr. Cotton has a parrot with yellow and blue colouring... coincidence? :pir-wink:

28 minutes ago, David Thomsen said:

I noticed that in the new modular building set 10255 Assembly Square, there's a parrot with new yellow and blue colouring... in the PotC films, Mr. Cotton has a parrot with yellow and blue colouring... coincidence? :pir-wink:

I think not!

You might be right! Lego usually doesn't re color old molds for only one set. Maybe they made him for the "black pearl" but decided to put him in the new modular building to promote the new printing and to get there money's worth. I still think that were going to see this new printing for years to come.

Does anyone think that we will see another D2C ship later this year? Or is everyone fairly confident it'll just be the one we get??

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Does anyone think that we will see another D2C ship later this year? Or is everyone fairly confident it'll just be the one we get??

I suppose if the first one sells magnificently enough, it could. I wouldn't plan on it though. It would have to sell a whole heck of a lot,   because odds are the majority of buyers wouldn't purchase a second one so soon after the first. Whatever percentage their studies show is the number of people (most likely all AFOL Pirates Fans) who would purchase the second would have to be a large enough number for them to make money on the second round. I'm not an economist, but that's my untrained input on the matter.

1 minute ago, Actor Builder said:

I suppose if the first one sells magnificently enough, it could. I wouldn't plan on it though. It would have to sell a whole heck of a lot,   because odds are the majority of buyers wouldn't purchase a second one so soon after the first. Whatever percentage their studies show is the number of people (most likely all AFOL Pirates Fans) who would purchase the second would have to be a large enough number for them to make money on the second round. I'm not an economist, but that's my untrained input on the matter.

We did get 2 simpsons d2c sets 1 year apart, that's something.

I can't see them making another D2C ship after this one. $250 is already a ton of money to spend on lego. Most of their market would not want to spend that much money on two ships. If it was my choice I would totally want to have all the pirates of the Caribbean ships as D2C's.

I just feel that if it's the Black Pearl we get then surely the Dutchman must follow?  I mean it was originally going to come out, then it didn't.  There was also a Lego Ideas set that reached 10,000 votes for the Dutchman so clearly there is a demand for it.?

2 hours ago, azog said:

I can't see them making another D2C ship after this one. $250 is already a ton of money to spend on lego. Most of their market would not want to spend that much money on two ships. If it was my choice I would totally want to have all the pirates of the Caribbean ships as D2C's.

Imperial flagship cost less than 200. http://brickset.com/sets/10210-1/Imperial-Flagship

When lego use their preset hull pieces, there's only so many bricks you can squeeze in depending on the ship.   Of course they can always add some side build.

"most of their market"  With d2c that market is already people who will spend 250 on a set. So if they release a 2. ship a year after it wouldn't necessarily be too much

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I just feel that if it's the Black Pearl we get then surely the Dutchman must follow?  I mean it was originally going to come out, then it didn't.

Was it really? I mean REALLY? do we know that for sure, I just recall rumors.  (+spongebob set)

Edited by deskp

Is there a topic for the movie?  It's just I have a couple of questions I would like to ask but don't want to keep posting them here.

No. Which sucks. We probably won't even know what ship it'll be until a month before it's released. 

I hate that. If we could find out which ship it is, would satisfy me until it's released.

Well we already have a summer list for Star Wars & Superheroes.  I don't think it'll be that late on that we'll see at least the name of the set.