Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Red Moon: Chapter Five

I DO! I'd like to see if this tooth I found fits in the dragon head and then try moving the head to see if it does anything. While I'm at it, I'll investigate the other tooth for blood, but I think Sigourney is right, rifled pockets are not a sign of supernatural killing, but good, old fashioned human evil, the kind this baby can stop.

*Sheldon places the tooth into the wolf head and something falls out of the mouth. Examining the fallen object reveals a stone hand and a letter. Sheldon reads the letter:

I fear for my life. I am here to see the lunar eclipse over the temple. Strange things seemed to be happening and I was scared for my soul, but now I know who is behind it and now I fear for my life. A goofy woman named Monica Maltese is robbing the place blind, scaring the wits out of anyone who will listen with some cacamamey story about demons. Meanwhile, she and her friends are running around opening weird doors and digging through things. They are obviously looking for some sort of treasure. They have some rag-tag group of hoodlums running about trying to scare everyone. Clearly these people were waiting in the jungle to scare us and help Monica and her friends with their theft. They are playing a very dangerous game. One of the tour guests is already dead. Nobody suspects Monica and her group but I can tell sheisters when I see them. If I don't survive, I hope this note ends up in the right hands.

-Robert Mantino*

I'd like to stick the stone hand into the statue that's missing one on the right. Fisty shenanigans are afoot. Or ahand, I guess... :wacko:

*waits for someone to pass her her meds*

Then I wish to grab whatever object is suddenly revealed before any of the other velcro-pawed nitwits on this tour snatch it from me.

I'd like to stick the stone hand into the statue that's missing one on the right. Fisty shenanigans are afoot. Or ahand, I guess... :wacko:

*waits for someone to pass her her meds*

Then I wish to grab whatever object is suddenly revealed before any of the other velcro-pawed nitwits on this tour snatch it from me.

*Sylvia takes the stone hand and puts it into the arm of the statue on the right. It fits.*

Can I turn the hand or otherwise 'activate' the statue in any way?

I'd also like to rummage around in the bit where the tree has grown through the eroded wall. Is there anything there? Can I see anything behind?

Goofy woman.

Digging through things.

Looking for treasure.

Theft.

Sounds like something an interior decorator looking to replicate the temple for her rich clients would do.

*points the gun at our resident interior designer and waits for some comment*

Can I turn the hand or otherwise 'activate' the statue in any way?

I'd also like to rummage around in the bit where the tree has grown through the eroded wall. Is there anything there? Can I see anything behind?

*Sylvia turns the hand of the statue that she has just added. It makes a scraping noise and then seems to catch something. A familiar squeaky pulley noise is heard behind the wall...*

*Sylvia looks out through the broken wall and is shocked to see a person starting back at her. She thinks it was a man but didn't get any more detail than that. He is gone before she can see any other details. He appeared to be wearing a hood or cowl...*

*points the gun at our resident interior designer and waits for some comment*

*Sheldon points his gun at Sylvia.*

What's your point? :wacko:

*Sylvia makes a wacko face at the prospect of death...*

What's your point? :wacko:

My point is that you accidentally revealed yourself earlier. No good interior decorator would attempt to de-gay a room as you did. Oh no, you're obviously a no-talent hack (you don't dress that well either), yet you admit to having done a design like this temple. Not only does that mean you've been here before, giving you the opportunity to discover the inner workings of the secret doors and passages, but it also accounts for how you could ever have done a design like this temple with your obviously lacking talents: you stole real artifacts to use as furnishings! As the finally now quiet tour guide told us, this temple once held many more statues and artifacts before thieves took them. Now we have this letter that clearly points at someone just like you as the cause of our less-than-supernatural predicament.

Oh yes, Sylvia, or should I say Monica, the gig is up!

CLIFFHANGER!

*stands very still and tries to look photogenic*

Wait, who's the villain here? All I did was discover a mysterious clue and glimpse a mysterious stranger, and you pull a gun on me? That is not playing nice :sceptic: I already said I designed a building based on the temple, it's not like a secret. I don't think I trust you now and I'd appreciate some assistance from any manly men in the vicinity who well defend my honour. Or Samantha.

CLIFFHANGER!

*stands very still and tries to look photogenic*

*sneers and cocks the gun* :laugh:

Wait, who's the villain here? All I did was discover a mysterious clue and glimpse a mysterious stranger, and you pull a gun on me? That is not playing nice :sceptic: I already said I designed a building based on the temple, it's not like a secret. I don't think I trust you now and I'd appreciate some assistance from any manly men in the vicinity who well defend my honour. Or Samantha.

You're one of them, but not necessarily the killer. I think you're a thief but too dumb to pull off this whole plan alone. No, something more is going on here, but you're definitely not as white as the driven snow. If this was another time, another place, maybe, just maybe... no. I don't think so. :hmpf_bad:

Is this really the end? Is Sylvia a no-good thief like Sheldon believes? Is that statue looking at a segment of wall that might be able to be moved if pushed? Are the wall panels firmly attached? Do I look heroic in this stance with my sword like so? Should Diesel get involved in the dilemma over there or go look at more of the walls? Find out all this and more in the next exciting installment of Survivor: Temple Edition.

What's that? Oh right, so we're in the library, yes? :blush:

Diesel goes to take a look at where the central statue is peering/kicking to see if there is anything of interest to be found, and then walks over and moves the arms of the left statue up and down in a vigorous manner, after checking the wall panels for any sign of movement.

Err, not to interrupt or anything, but was that some creepy cultist dude peering in at us just a few moments ago, Sylvia? Why am I getting this strange sensation that the longer we stay here, the more of us are going to die/never leave? :look:

Diesel raises his sword defensively while looking around with paranoid eyes.

Stay close DJ, things could get ugly...

Err, not to interrupt or anything, but was that some creepy cultist dude peering in at us just a few moments ago, Sylvia?

General stay cool!

Yes yes, tell us about the creepy dude, Monica Sylvia, and maybe I won't shoot you.

All I know was the figure wore a cowl! I'm pretty sure they were human, too.

They stepped away quickly as soon as I saw them, I'm not sure what else to tell you. You can tell by the buoffant state of my naturally blonde hair that cowls really wouldn't suit my hairstyle, thus proving I am not a cultist!

*clunches her Kegels anxiously in fear of the gun-brandishing bad man*

... thus proving I am not a cultist!

But you haven't denied being a thief! Has anyone else noticed this??? :hmpf_bad:

Tell us everything, it might be our only hope of surviving whatever else is going on here!

But you haven't denied being a thief! Has anyone else noticed this??? :hmpf_bad:

Tell us everything, it might be our only hope of surviving whatever else is going on here!

I'm not a thief but I am growing bored of these baseless accusations :hmpf_bad: I don't know anything I haven't told you and you are beginning to tire me, little man.

Do I look like a Monica? Do I? *Sylvia spits* Where do you think I'm hiding these statues? Wait, don't answer that.

Let's just stand here trading insults while the real cultists pick us off one by one - although I do still believe from all the spooky apparition that there is a supernatural element to the horrors of thos cursed eclipse.

*Sylvia looks out through the broken wall and is shocked to see a person starting back at her. She thinks it was a man but didn't get any more detail than that. He is gone before she can see any other details. He appeared to be wearing a hood or cowl...*

How big is this hole?

*I investigate the size of the hole; could we fit through it?*

Hi Sylvia! Hi Sheldon!

Er Sheldon... are you going to shoot her or what? This letter from "Robert Mantino" proves nothing. It's all insinuations about a person we don't know which only he believed. Why are you going loony (moon humor :wink: ) based on this piece of evidence? Are you trying to deflect attention or something? :look:

Am I the only one who noticed that Monica has the same last name as Penny?

Monica, is our dear Penny's late grandmother, whom participate in the previous tour, a tragic tour in fact. My father was there, and they were there to stop this tragic incident from happening. From what I can see, the note left by Robert Mantino is trying to confuse us all. :thumbdown:

Let's stop pointing guns/fingers at each other and focus on the hooded dude. *Looks around to see if anyone is missing from the tour group* Maybe this "blank" parchment is written in invisible ink of some kind. Maybe Samantha could take a photograph of it? *looks under the two stone benches and pulls out any interesting objects*

-_-;; Granny always was a bit wacky...

I assure you I made no plans to murder or rob anyone.

Maybe the parchment need red light? From the moon...

Diesel goes to take a look at where the central statue is peering/kicking to see if there is anything of interest to be found, and then walks over and moves the arms of the left statue up and down in a vigorous manner, after checking the wall panels for any sign of movement.

*Diesel walks opposite where the opposite the statue and pushes the wall. Nothing happens there.*

*Diesel moves the arms of the left statue up and down. A pulley is heard moving behind the walls, but since Diesel is moving both arms, it's hard to tell which arm is causing the sound.*

*Diesel then fiddles with the 2 x 2 dark tan tiles on the wall. They are all compartments that can easily open.*

*I investigate the size of the hole; could we fit through it?*

*You can fit your head through, but as the hole is (in LEGO scale) a little less than 2 studs wide and a little less than 2 bricks high, a person can't fit through. The opening is created by two 2 x 2 c panels.*

*Looks around to see if anyone is missing from the tour group*

*Nobody is missing except those previously found dead or skeletonized/missing.*

*looks under the two stone benches and pulls out any interesting objects*

*There are no interesting objects under the benches.*

Maybe the parchment need red light? From the moon...

*Penny holds the blank parchment up to the moonlight but no words appear.*

Let's open those dark tan 2x2 compartments then!

Am I the only one who noticed that Monica has the same last name as Penny?

Apparently you are, given that you were the first to say it. Nice work, dear.

Monica, is our dear Penny's late grandmother, whom participate in the previous tour, a tragic tour in fact. My father was there, and they were there to stop this tragic incident from happening. From what I can see, the note left by Robert Mantino is trying to confuse us all. :thumbdown:

Why would someone leave a note trying to confuse all of us, and how would they know the things they know? Better still, how can you just dismiss it so easily?

*is distracted by the dark tan 2x2's*

Let's all open compartments!

Why would someone leave a note trying to confuse all of us, and how would they know the things they know? Better still, how can you just dismiss it so easily?

If the note was real, OBVIOUSLY it would have been spelled out in anagrams :sadnew:

*grabs anything that falls from the dark tan compartments*

So as to not stand around doing nothing, I would also like to open some of the dark tan compartments!