Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

I found a Brickshelf folder with the same pics, and another with high-resolution pics of all the minifigs. On Zurg's arm, it has that writing on the inside of his arm like in the Pirate chess set. Does this mean all minifigs made from 2010 and after will be made of cheaper quality? :cry_sad: Anyways, I'm really excited about the Army Men battle pack! :sweet: Who would've thought that not only Lego would have made army men, but also put them in a battle pack! :wub:Look, a green suitcase and binoculars! :cry_happy: Plus a green jeep that looks like it has treads. :wacko: The Western Town is probably the only other thing that has me excited. But I'm glad Lego has the Toy Story license, if only for the army men. :thumbup:

On Zurg's arm, it has that writing on the inside of his arm like in the Pirate chess set. Does this mean all minifigs made from 2010 and after will be made of cheaper quality? :cry_sad:

That could just be from the new arm mold... :hmpf:

I think that the sets look great, but won't buy most of them, except for the Army Men pack! :wub:

Who would've thought that not only Lego would have made army men, but also put them in a battle pack! :wub:Look, a green suitcase and binoculars! :cry_happy: Plus a green jeep that looks like it has treads. :wacko: The Western Town is probably the only other thing that has me excited. But I'm glad Lego has the Toy Story license, if only for the army men. :thumbup:
I think that 'Western Town' is the set called Woody's Roundup, but I might be wrong. There is also a green rifle, which is awesome camo for the purist battlefield. The jeep does not have treads, it does have rubber tires on it. The shadow from the lighting makes it look like treads.

I am pretty sure that Zurg is holding Zurg! :tongue:

I think that the yellow you see is his mouth.

I'm pretty sure it is some sort of gun or cannon. :wink:

I don't think that this has been pointed out yet, but I think that both the Buzz and Zurg sets come with one of the Little Green Aliens in the blue suit. :wink:

Both of the box pics have one on it, and if one wasn't included, that would be false advertising.

On Zurg's arm, it has that writing on the inside of his arm like in the Pirate chess set.

That's terrible news! :cry_sad:

I would have thought that most of the Toy Story specialty pieces would have been made in the cheaper factory since they're so intricately detailed and painted (like the giant trolls, cows etc) but it is disheartening to see this trend spread to regular torsos and suchlike.

It seems like this is the way of the future. And it sucks.

That's terrible news! :cry_sad:

I would have thought that most of the Toy Story specialty pieces would have been made in the cheaper factory since they're so intricately detailed and painted (like the giant trolls, cows etc) but it is disheartening to see this trend spread to regular torsos and suchlike.

It seems like this is the way of the future. And it sucks.

I don't actually think it is. If you look carefully, it seems as though it says Lego. I think this is just the spot that they are putting the Lego name on it, like they do with other parts. Those also aren't regular arms, they are new, longer ones.

I don't actually think it is. If you look carefully, it seems as though it says Lego. I think this is just the spot that they are putting the Lego name on it, like they do with other parts. Those also aren't regular arms, they are new, longer ones.

I doubt it. Look at this pic carefully. (Warning: High Resolution) The word ends in an "S". It says "BS". (Stop laughing. :tongue: ) Look at this thread. It says "BS" on the arm, just like it does on the cheap Imperials. :sceptic: So the new Toy Story minifigs seem to be of cheaper quality like the Pirate chess and Tic-Tac-Toe games. And Svelte is right, it does suck. :cry_sad:

Personally, I think Lego has it right. This cheaper quality is BS. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Spyder

The LGM have normal arms but that Zurg does. Remember These are prelims! Lego probably wanted to save some money on their prelims. Lego could be using the moulds but using the same plastic. If they do this it'll be just like the huge P@B price increase. We'll complain tand hopefully they'll stop. Those are also the longer fig arms. I wouldn't worry. I just can't wait for these. :sweet: I also want to put the long arms in a regular fig for a joke. Neanderthals on! :tongue:

Edited by JCC1004

Oh Dear hasn't lego realized those giant Bionicle knights kingdom things don't sell well :look:

Even worse is they look like they have even less parts...

I'm liking that small toy solider battlepack witch i might buy a couple of just for fun .though i do wonder if there will be somthing similar to the starwars tax for the disney sets.

I realise that the arms are the new longer pieces and *at this stage* the ugly mould mark doesn't seem to appear on egular fig torsos.

However, at the end of 2008 we didn't seem to have this problem at all.

At the start of 2009, we saw the launch of the new SW magnet sets & Vintage Minifig Collection 2 which had the stamped arms and cheaper plastic (notably red torsos such as the Royal Guard and the Classic Mailman). At this point they were limited to pre-assembled fig packs.

By July 2009, the time of launch of the Castle Troll/ Dwarf Battlepacks, we saw inferior printing quality on torsos compared to 'regular' Castle figs. The new Pirates packs showed bad quality continuing with the stamped arm torsos having lemony looking hands.

I think it's fairly established now that stamped arms = lower quality. Also, note that this problem didn't exist 12 months ago. Now we are seeing stamped arm torsos appearing in regular System sets from Jan 2010, not just pre-assembled figs. Who knows what the next 12 months will bring?

I think we are perfectly entitled to remain vigilant.

Oh Dear hasn't lego realized those giant Bionicle knights kingdom things don't sell well :look:

Even worse is they look like they have even less parts...

What do you mean Bionicle not sell well? If it didn't why has it lasted so long?

And on the part count, it's a licensed set so of course you're gonna have to pay more. Not to mention some of the parts will be larger and/or painted.

I think we are perfectly entitled to remain vigilant.

Oh, I definitely agree. I just wanted to point out what I saw, which is in no way confirmed.

I don't think that this has been pointed out yet, but I think that both the Buzz and Zurg sets come with one of the Little Green Aliens in the blue suit. :wink:

Both of the box pics have one on it, and if one wasn't included, that would be false advertising.

Actually I pointed that out a page back! :laugh:

Does anyone know why the LGAs are released in both of the KK2-like sets with Buzz and Zurg?

Also, I found out that it seems that the normal versions of each minifig is also available in those sets.

Oh, I definitely agree. I just wanted to point out what I saw, which is in no way confirmed.

You're right, we haven't seen the sets yet so we don't know for sure :wink:

What do you mean Bionicle not sell well? If it didn't why has it lasted so long?

And on the part count, it's a licensed set so of course you're gonna have to pay more. Not to mention some of the parts will be larger and/or painted.

Ah I'm sorry you misunderstood me I'm not that great at explaining things.

What I meant is most people hated These Knights kindom thingss but they are making toy story sets in the same style witch doesn't make much sense to me.

What I was trying to say with less parts is they look a little more <insert that tiresome argument> than the already horrible knights kingdom charracters witch had only little bit of building.

Edited by Black Rabbit

I think you need to take a much better look at those sets, Black Rabbit. They are very different form the KK action figures. While the KKs consisted of up to 50 pieces, these seem to be made of around 400 pieces! Buzz' torso alone seems to be made out of around 30 pcs, whereas a KK torso was one mold with a few pieces put onto it. And these sets are much larger too. In fact, as I have already mentioned, I even believe that a minifig could fit inside one of their heads. Therefore, I would rather compare these with Exo Force mechs than KK figures. So, be assured that these will involve a lot more building.

does anyone know why the LGAs are released in both of the KK2-like sets with Buzz and Zurg?

Probably as a bonus feature to make the sets more appealing. And if my theory is right that these sets are mechs for the Buzz and Zurg minifigs that are included with the respective sets, the LGMs (not LGAs) could be sort of civilians for the Zurg mech to terrorize and the Buzz mech to save.

And just for the record, I pointed out the fact that they are included in those sets pages ago. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

^

Actually with a closer look it does seem that you are about half right.They do look like they have quite a few similarites to the KK2 sets though but the bodys seem big enough to have a small interior to fit the wee little alien figs :classic: . Your estimate of 400 pieces is a little too hopeful though :wink:

Well, maybe you're right. Maybe they are more like 300, especially Zurg. But I'm sticking to my price estimate of $40 per set.

Thank you very much for the links to the pictures of the sets, booger540 and The Alchemyst! :classic:

I'm really surprised that TLG releases even very small sets - BPs and nearly Impulse sets - although this is a licensed theme.

Army men "battle pack" - Wow, I can't believe that LEGO actually made a army men battle pack! :cry_happy:

[...]

Wild West set - Wow, an actual Wild West set! :oh: I probably won't get it, but I can't wait to see clearer pictures of it!

These are exactly my thoughts, too, ILikePi!

I possibly might buy (depending on my financial situation and how expensive the set will be) the "Soldiers BP" since the soldiers really look great and the vehicle is designed very well, too. :thumbup:

The picture of the "Western Town" is regrettably to blurry to be aible to make your opinion about it.

The "maxifigs" and the horse look :sick: . But it's great that they included two buildings - one even two floors tall! :thumbup:

But for a hard-core Western fan like me it's a shame that this is going to be a licensed set and not a regular set. :sadnew:

So I surely won't buy it - but am nevertheless excited how it exactly will look like (even the interior if there is one).

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter