KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

new news.

The Slave 1, 8097 will be BOBA's, not Jango's.

It will come with Boba (obviously) Bossk(new mold), Han, Leia, Vader, and Chewie.

I saw prelims for all the sets without pictures, friend works designing them, let me see pictures of all of the Jan and Aug star wars sets.

:P

BTW the new clone turbo tank looks totally awesome. the wampa is just a yeti, but that's probobaly just because it's a prelim.

Thanks for the news, but:

Ugghhhhh. I have Jango's Slave 1, and Boba's new Slave 1. I was really hoping to update my Jango... I don't see why TLC has to make a third ship for Boba when the last one was just fine? I loved it! Jango's, though, needs updating.

Dunno if you guys have seen this:

*snippyy*

But it looks like the Tantive IV has transclear cone parts with printings instead of stickers :wub:

:wub:

8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack - No complaints here. I like Hoth troopers, but I'm not into Fleshie, so their heads will all have to be replaced. Oh well, at least there'll be a pilot.

8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack - This is better. A good source of Snowtroopers, plus speeder bike.

8085 Freeco Speeder - It'll be interesting to see how TLC does this. I don't think they can pull it off without a new cockpit mold. :wub:

8087 TIE Defender - I'm not into TIEs, or starfighters, for that matter. Still, since I've been working on hanging some starfiighters from my ceiling, this will work perfectly.

8088 ARC-170 Starfighter - The old one had some flaws (holes underneath the cockpit), so I have no complaints. I look forward to seeing this.

8089 Wampa Attack - Wampaaaaaaaaa! :sing::wub: I'm imagining Wampa plus Luke, and maybe some sort of wall and ceiling to hang Luke from.

8092 Luke's Landspeeder - Interesting.... Another landspeeder is always welcome to fill in parts of my base. I can only hope it'll be as good as Lars's is. A big plus if it comes with sandpeople or anything else.

8093 Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter - Meh. See above comment for starfighters. I would buy this if it had a fig I didn't have, though I already have Plo Koon. If it's the same as previous Starfighters I'm not interested.

8095 General Grievous' Starfighter - Why? We only just had one a few years ago...

8096 Palpatine's Shuttle - Ooh. :wub: This sounds the most exciting. It'll probably be the same one as in the Original Trilogy, but if it's the Ep. III version, that's even better. Either way, it'll probably come with Palpy and some Red Guards!

8097 Slave I - Bah humbug. :hmpf_bad:

8098 Clone Turbo Tank - I'm looking forward to this. The last one had some big flaws, and if it has a better interior, then I'm going for it. If it comes with Aayla and/or Bly/special clones, it's a no-brainer.

I can see the Tie Defender looking for minifig play than realism which is sad. I hope they do a good job on it. I bet since it won't "stand" well, they are going to cut corners to make sure it's stable. What I mean is it'll loose some some of it's looks in order to make it "swooshable".

Oh wait wait! Make a Midi-Tie Defender! Don't have to worry about minifigs and it'll probably look good because of that.

Plo koon's JSF will be around $30, the same as Ahsoka.

In fact, Ahsoka's may have been $40, there's barely a chance of Lego letting off a "special edition set." But simply for including a CW Jedi, the price will be raised.

Ahsoka's had a vulture droid. The other(s) didn't. So I say $20 USD :wink: .

Usually new lego sets come out every half a year. I guess we will have to wait a whole year to get these. Lukes landspeeder will be interesting. I hope it is the same color as the one in the 4501 Mos Eisely Cantina. I wish lego wouldn't do remakes of sets but after 10 years I guess they have run out of ideas.

I can't wait till pictures come in. These sets are going to be very interesting.

Was the TIE Defender black and grey or black and blue? Also--would you say it's a bit more or bit less complex than the Interceptor? (I hope it has a higher price point, as it has 50% more wings---if they try to do 3 wings for the same price, it'll be over-simplified) I'd love a $40 TIE Defender done well.

Don't know who brought this up, but i remembered, because i was just thinking of figs( does this really count? ) but Han Carbonite will be a stickered (UGH) long brick (kind of like a 2x1, but like 5 bricks tall.

Don't know who brought this up, but i remembered, because i was just thinking of figs( does this really count? ) but Han Carbonite will be a stickered (UGH) long brick (kind of like a 2x1, but like 5 bricks tall.

Thanks for the news rockinhurt13 :thumbup: . To be honest I really can´t understand why the TLC is going the cheaper way more and more nowadays. C´mon TLC you already have a PRINTED Han Solo in Carbonite why give us one with stickers :angry::sick::laugh: !!!!! The Slave I sounds promising, can´t wait to see some prelim pics.

it might've been just the fact that it was a pre-prelim, so making another print line just to test it for a prelim would be worse that grabbing a brick and slapping a sticker on it.

it might've been just the fact that it was a pre-prelim, so making another print line just to test it for a prelim would be worse that grabbing a brick and slapping a sticker on it.

Couldn't they just use an old one? :tongue:

Wait - so is there a Han fig AND a carbonite Han in this set? Or is it just the brick? :look: Would be nice if it was both.

Also, I doubt that what you saw was a sticker. It wouldn't make sense since there is already a printed version. (But then again, they started releasing a stickered version of the Republic insignia piece even though it existed in printed form already too. :hmpf: )

This set is starting to sound more like a carbon freezing chamber rather than the Slave I. :wacko:

But I hope we see a new Boba with that new jetpack mold on in the Snail Tank. Or Han with his accurate dark blue jacket instead of a black one (Yes, he had a Dark Blue jacket on Bespin:han_esb1_m.jpg)

Oh, and a fleshy Leia that looked like this would be good, too:

ref60.jpg

I don't really care what they do with the Carbon-Frozen-Han. I already have one, so if it is a sticker I wouldn't really care, but I'm pretty sure it's just a prelim.

I'm actually pretty excited about this set. I can't wait for pics. :thumbup:

Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter

This one seems quite obvious, we already have a Plo Koon figure from the Gunship, all they need to do is put him in a slightly modified version of Ahsoka's. I can see a lot of people complaining that we're getting another one, but I love the ships.. Although I'd prefer to see some Interceptors, and an Ayla Secure or CW Kit Fisto.

Wampa Attack

This is another obvious one, a lot of people have been waiting one for quite a while, and I imagine this will be another smaller set, similar to the Echo Base. Sounds good to me. :thumbup:

General Grievous' Starfighter

This one sticks out quite a bit.. I believe we had this one just back in 2007. I can only assume this will be a Clone Wars version, which I'd at least look forward to. I'm not sure how others feel, but I thought the current Grievous minifig was awful. A more detailed one would be nice.

Palpatines shuttle

I don't know what to expect from this one, it's a cool design and it'll be a cheaper way to get the Palpatine figure, but I couldn't even guess what it would come with, other than generic guards/droids. Hopefully they do something a little cooler with it.

Theta.jpg

Slave I

Personally, I'm hoping this is Boba Fett's. I know it was done not too long ago, but it was a popular set. Boba Fett, Han in carbomite and some cloud city guards.

I wouldn't mind if it's Jango's either though, they could do a little Jango vs Obi-wan battle and throw in little Boba and some Kaminoans. :thumbup:

Clone Turbo Tank

Very cool vehicle, I imagine it'll just come with a few standard clones and maybe a Jedi General. Aayla Secura.. please? :cry_happy:

Slave 1 is Jangos and it will come with Bossk! YAY! im a bossk freak as well as a greivous freak. I'm really excited about a wamp. it will be cool to have a wampa and a tauntaun. I will be buying greivouss starfighter because i love greivous and i think that his starfighter is cool. But i do think that it was a waste of time to make a new one. Plo koon's will be cool but i suppose they have come out with plo koon before. Palpatine's shuttle should be cool. And lastly, the turbo tank will be awesome cause my bro got the last one and i fel t really sad. I hope it comes withh aayla and/or bly. an idea i had was to make mygeeto attack with ki-adi mundi bacar and some snow clones. Also betrayal on KAshyyyk with chewie, yoda gree BARC trooper and tarrful. BYE!

I don't know have ever one noticed that LEGO had just uploaded the 2009 latest SW promos sets instructions.

And the set photos are captured from instruction scan

30004 Battle Droid on STAP ™

30004.jpg

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4563464.pdf

30005 Imperial Speeder Bike ™

30005.jpg

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4563465.pdf

30006 Clone Walker ™

30006.jpg

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4563466.pdf

I don't know have ever one noticed that LEGO had just uploaded the 2009 latest SW promos sets instructions.

And the set photos are captured from instruction scan

30004 Battle Droid on STAP ™

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4563464.pdf

30005 Imperial Speeder Bike ™

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4563465.pdf

30006 Clone Walker ™

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4563466.pdf

Wow! Thanks a lot, whung. These look great. :thumbup:

It seems Navy Trooper Fenson's friend was right about the Imperial one.

Are these 2009 or 2010 promos? If they're for 2010, they should be moved to the other thread.

Edited by ADHO15

Wow! Thanks a lot, whung. These look great. :thumbup:

It seems Navy Trooper Fenson's friend was right about the Imperial one.

Are these 2009 or 2010 promos? If they're for 2010, they should be moved to the other thread.

They should belong to 2009 sets.

I hope these will be at Target this year around Christmas time, much like the Mini SW promos that were there around easter! I will buy a few of the Clone and Droid ones. :wub:

As for the Stormie one, not so much. :hmpf_bad:

-darthperson

In order to keep things simple, I'll close this thread and from now on let's keep the discussion on upcoming sets in the new rumor and picture thread.

Thanks a lot whung :wub:

Slave 1 is Jangos and it will come with Bossk! YAY! im a bossk freak as well as a greivous freak. I'm really excited about a wamp. it will be cool to have a wampa and a tauntaun. I will be buying greivouss starfighter because i love greivous and i think that his starfighter is cool. But i do think that it was a waste of time to make a new one. Plo koon's will be cool but i suppose they have come out with plo koon before. Palpatine's shuttle should be cool. And lastly, the turbo tank will be awesome cause my bro got the last one and i fel t really sad. I hope it comes withh aayla and/or bly. an idea i had was to make mygeeto attack with ki-adi mundi bacar and some snow clones. Also betrayal on KAshyyyk with chewie, yoda gree BARC trooper and tarrful. BYE!

Sorry i meant that the slave 1 will be bobas