Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

29 minutes ago, Cagast said:

And that's all we know? It's still unclear who are Vermillion from the sets?

They seem to be multiple snakes formed together to make single warriors. Their relation to any of this is unknown.

I've just thought of something a little spoiler-y right now. But since this is the TV show discussion thread, I might as well say it.

What if the other time twin is

Clouse?

You least expect it to be him after all, as he was sent to the underworld. And the second rogue has black hair, just like Clouse.

Edited by gamejutzu

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

Thanks, but we have been discussing it ;)

1 hour ago, gamejutzu said:

I've just thought of something a little spoiler-y right now. But since this is the TV show discussion thread, I might as well say it.

Hide contents

Clouse?

You least expect it to be him after all, as he was sent to the underworld. And the second rogue has black hair, just like Clouse.

The hair isn't even close, though. As much as I love Clouse as a character, I doubt it's him...

13 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Reveal hidden contents

Clouse?

Nah, it's definitely most likely 

Spoiler

Dr. Saunders.

14 hours ago, legozebra said:

The hair isn't even close, though. As much as I love as a character, I doubt it's him...

But it's the came color. So there's that at least.

3 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Nah, it's definitely most likely 

Reveal hidden contents

Dr. Saunders.

He's the top pick for the time twin. But I was referring to the other time twin.

4 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

But it's the came color. So there's that at least.

He's the top pick for the time twin. But I was referring to the other time twin.

Oh. Well, Acronix sounded a bit too young to be him. And he was on Chen's Island since the Serpentine War before ToE. Not exactly much time to join up with his secret twin brother, put on eye liner, turn people into walking snake piles, and get lost in time. Or.. sent into the future?

Edited by GarmaFan

1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

Oh. Well, Acronix sounded a bit too young to be him. And he was on Chen's Island since the Serpentine War before ToE. Not exactly much time to join up with his secret twin brother, put on eye liner, turn people into walking snake piles, and get lost in time. Or.. sent into the future?

Looking at their outfit it seems to be the younger twin. 

:/ you do bring up some good points. It's just that there doesn't leave much to be speculated if this guy is a completely new character.

Edited by gamejutzu

Season 7 trailer in Youtube... (thought there is something new here... but it's the same as the one at LEGO.com) :tongue:

Edited by makoy

8 hours ago, legozebra said:

Just realized this - Cole has his orange glowing "energy" hands from DoD in the teaser...

TA prematurely revealed the RX power a few weeks ago. I put it under a spoiler tag. Let's just say, it's not "energy".

Surprising lack of chatter about the trailer. I loved the look of the sets, and I'm loving the trailer.

So, what I've gathered from it:

- the Monastery will have some amount of importance (also, glad to see it back again, the brief cameo in DoD wasn't enough :P)

- the use of the Jade Scythe (now canon) in the Monastery painting strongly hints that HoT will indeed be related to the Serpentine Wars, was that confirmed yet?

- Wu has been hiding things. Again. I'm not sure if I should be criticizing the writers for using Wu's past as an endless Deus Ex Machina for new villains to show up, buuut they've done it well enough for the most part in the past I've got no reason to complain.

- I find the use of the magnetic field drawing in energy, fire, earth and lightning to create a portal interesting. It's visually striking and makes sense thematically. Where is ice though?

- did we have confirmation that Borg Tower remained post-Rebooted? Glad to see it show up anyway.

- perhaps I misheard him, but did Zane refer to a character named "Mystery"?

Edit: No wonder no one's talking about it, it's on the last page :laugh: Sorry, don't keep up with Ninjago much anymore.

Edited by Mandate

20 hours ago, Mandate said:

- perhaps I misheard him, but did Zane refer to a character named "Mystery"?

I'm pretty sure it's "master". 

On 12/20/2016 at 8:10 PM, Mandate said:

- the Monastery will have some amount of importance (also, glad to see it back again, the brief cameo in DoD wasn't enough :P)

I don't know if that's the monastery though. Did we ever see it with the dragon floor design it has in the trailer? And the mountain it's on is... Brown...

- I find the use of the magnetic field drawing in energy, fire, earth and lightning to create a portal interesting. It's visually striking and makes sense thematically. Where is ice though?

I think the energy is being caused by the time blades, not the four elements. They're in the right colors too.

- did we have confirmation that Borg Tower remained post-Rebooted? Glad to see it show up anyway.

Borg Tower was present in ToE, and Rebooted-ToE is the longest time gap in the series. And there was no indication it got taken down in Rebooted. He still makes tech, just not as... Extreme.

EDIT: Also, when we get a review video of the Iron Doom set, can we please discuss the rouge's identities (the second one anyway) in spoiler tags?

Edited by gamejutzu

About this line in The Dark Island Trilogy Part 3:

"I will fall in time, Clouse, as every warrior must. But it will not be at your hands."

"I will fall in time.."

"..your hands."

Foreshadowing Wu's death in Hands of Time?

Edited by GarmaFan
typo

14 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

About this line in The Dark Island Trilogy Part 2:

"I will fall in time.."

"..your hands."

Foreshadowing Wu's death in Hands of Time?

Normally I would think it was coincidental writing, but because it is in the most recent books, I may argue.  But if it was too happen, I feel that the physical sets would concentrate on Wu more, or at least give him a leg printing.  So a possibility yes, but I personally doubt it.

I will definitely miss Sensei Wu if he ever say goodbye for the last time like Obi Wan... I would say there is pretty good chance he will find his match soon because I cannot count how many times he was captured or imprisoned by enemies in the show and even in the books and LEGO sets. Just like how many fans wanted Sensei Garmadon to stay alive, I think that time will eventually come when he has to pass the responsibility to Lloyd or whoever is going to replace his role.

Lego just confirmed on their Twitter: HoT is airing January 1! Set your DVRs and get ready for a new trailer coming soon!

26 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Lego just confirmed on their Twitter: HoT is airing January 1! Set your DVRs and get ready for a new trailer coming soon!

Yes! Just like the pilot! 

Well, Lloyd is to be a sensei.

Also, isn't "I will die in time" enough of a hint that Wu would die anyways? Also, where is the line "... Your hands" from?

1 hour ago, gamejutzu said:

Well, Lloyd is to be a sensei.

Also, isn't "I will die in time" enough of a hint that Wu would die anyways? Also, where is the line "... Your hands" from?

In.. the Dark Island Trilogy Part 3. The quote I got it from is there.

52 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

In.. the Dark Island Trilogy Part 3. The quote I got it from is there.

Oh, whoops. I guess what I meant to say was, what is the full sentence?

7 hours ago, legozebra said:

Um... hate to burst your bubble, but they didn't say January 1st specifically. They said "in the beginning of the new year", which could easily mean "near the start of the year" and not necessarily that exact date.

I mean, if there's a more authoritative source on that date than a vaguely-worded Twitter reply I'll be happy to hear it, but if not... just don't get out your torches and pitchforks if the premiere date turns out to be later.

4 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Oh, whoops. I guess what I meant to say was, what is the full sentence?

The full sentence is the quote that's there.

17 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Um... hate to burst your bubble, but they didn't say January 1st specifically. They said "in the beginning of the new year", which could easily mean "near the start of the year" and not necessarily that exact date.

I mean, if there's a more authoritative source on that date than a vaguely-worded Twitter reply I'll be happy to hear it, but if not... just don't get out your torches and pitchforks if the premiere date turns out to be later.

Ah, good point. I thought they were alluding to the 1st as the original tweet was asking about some later date in January, but you may be right...