Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

No I think it's Luke, you need him to have another good guy, as Liea and R2 are slaves.

Actually it's probably Ree-Yees, seeing as he was a preliminary figure in Jabba's palace (correct me if I'm wrong?) Plus looking at the minifigs on the bottom of the box, the figure has no lightsaber and a non-standard minifig head- it's blurry though, so we can't be sure.

I do completely agree with you about including Luke- why would they not include anyone for the bad guys to fight? :wacko:

I do completely agree with you about including Luke- why would they not include anyone for the bad guys to fight? :wacko:

Luke already comes in 9496, which will still be on store shelves by the time the Sail Barge hits. Putting the same minifig in both sets isn't a good way to cross-sell products. :wink:

Edited by The_Chosen_1

Luke already comes in 9496, which will still be on store shelves by the time the Sail Barge hits. Putting the same minifig in both sets isn't a good way to cross-sell products. :wink:

Good point! I'm guessing that Lego will put a picture of the Barge with the Skiff on the back of the Barge box, or some kid is going to be pretty confused when he has no good guys to fight with :laugh:

Plus, Leia and R2 escape on their own (granted, in the confusion of Luke's attack), so LEIA can be fighting the bad guys. She does so in the movie a bit, after all, before getting to the deck cannon.

I missed the last Barge, so this one's probably a must--especially as we get better pics of the figures!

Just picked up Umbaran MHC. The 212th clone's yellow is too bright. But the phase II helmet is great. The mouth pattern is not as high as the pictures make it out to be.

im a little concerned with the path the SW sets are going. i can tell the difference from 2012 they are going with lots of minifigs, but less in the way of the vehicles, brick count, size etc. im thinking the golden age for great vehicles and scenes is over... it's now all about recycling the past. the golden age of SW appears to be behind us

2013 is underwhelming so far

but you get lots of minifigs! /sarcasm

im a little concerned with the path the SW sets are going. i can tell the difference from 2012 they are going with lots of minifigs, but less in the way of the vehicles, brick count, size etc. im thinking the golden age for great vehicles and scenes is over... it's now all about recycling the past. the golden age of SW appears to be behind us

NOOOOOOOOO

Dont say that :( I just got back into collecting...

But unfortunately I see what you are saying. The new winter sets are terribly underwhelming and well...that sail barge looks awful compared to the old one.

I wouldn't get so up in arms yet. Prelims don't tell you much except the general idea of a set. While I don't like what I see in that Barge either, but I have faith TLG will come through. Always welcome another RGS. I regret only buying one 7676.

Not sure about the Barge, I'll probably need a bigger picture to pass better judgement. It does look smaller but the shape of the nose looks better than the last model - far more pointed though I don't know if it is too disproportionate from the rest of the body making the whole thing look small. But I am shamelessly excited for any new minifigures. I'm confident that if either were Luke or Chewie, we would be able to recognize them right away even from this distance.

Edited by Fighter of Frizzies

I'm looking forward to see the new Republic Gunship and AT-TE. I still have the AT-TE from the Clone Wars a few years ago, but that caused me to miss the RGS due to lack of funds. Hopefully the interior will be better this time as missing the RGS for the AT-TE was a head smacker. :angry:

Well I will have to be getting the Sail Barge, simply for the new figs. I never got a Slave Leia so that's a must have, as will a Ree Yees (if he is truly there) and a Max Rebo. And another Jabba won't hurt, just in case, God forbid, I lose the other one.

Agreed, just look at the new Battle of Hoth set- it's got about the same minifigs as 7666 Hoth Rebel Base, and a similar snowspeeder and probe droid. However, 7666 had the huge opening doors, which is much larger than the wimpy turret and bunkers we get in Battle of Hoth. The catch is they're the same price (in USD at least)- it's ridiculous!

As a side note, the entire 2012 winter lineup is up on Lego.com in the USA- nice to see the Umbarran MHC at a very reasonable $50 :thumbup:

While I do prefer the older style of minifig to the newer ones, I have to say that I agree with TLG's decision to place more focus on the minifigs. I guess it's because I'm an MOCer, not a collector, so I can build whatever vehicle or scene I want, which means that if I buy a set, I buy for the minifigs or for the parts. And if I'm going to be paying the typical LEGO Star Wars price, I'd prefer to be paying more for minifigs than for a vehicle or scene which I'm going to build once (or not at all) and then part out.

Hrm... Don't know how to feel about the Sail Barge. If it is another Jedi Luke and not a random alien henchmen, it'll be upset. But if it's indeed Ree Yees, I'll be ecstatic! I really wish a larger set like this would come with more then 5 standard minifigs though. But as long as three of them are aliens, I can live with that. And the fact we are getting Max Rebo? YESSSS! :D About the ship itself, meh. But it IS prelim, soooo...

The Gunship though looks solid (I don't have the previous ones so I can't compare). But a good selection of minifigs that cover the main hero cast of the Arena scene (if the Jedis are indeed Anikin and ObiWan). Wouldn't mind if one of the Jedi were an obscure Jedi and that Jango was there, but hey, maybe they'll show up in another set.

I only got into SW in 2012, so I missed a lot. But I definitely like the older Barge more. The figures line-up on the new version may be good, but not good enough to sell it to me. I definitely don't care to have another Jabba and his figure cost eats up a lot of the price. Granted it is HIS barge, but still.. But a new slave Leia is interesting and the other figs that aren't repeats will be interesting to see closer up.

Wow the front end of that Sail Barge is hideous. There's no way I'd buy it for the vehicle itself. I'll likely get the figures online or something. But hey at least it will drive down the price of the original one.

I'll definitely get the gunship since I don't own one. I had the original at one point but I sold it at a point when I was desperate for money and thought I was done with Lego. Hah! "Done with Lego"... Silly me :blush:

I wouldn't get so up in arms yet. Prelims don't tell you much except the general idea of a set. While I don't like what I see in that Barge either, but I have faith TLG will come through.

I agree. While the prelims of e. g. Jabba's Palace or the latest X-Wing weren't fully convincing, they turned out pretty good. I'd say that on the average, the latest models were an improvement compared to previous models, and I hope that this trend will continue.

The Gunship though looks solid (I don't have the previous ones so I can't compare). But a good selection of minifigs that cover the main hero cast of the Arena scene (if the Jedis are indeed Anikin and ObiWan).

I do not doubt that the Jedi are Anakin and Obi Wan. Since Padme is included, it's the scene where they chase Dooku. Taking into account that another set is "Duel on Geonosis", it should mean that TLC covers this whole particular scene.

Are you sure about Obi-wan? While I agree about Anakin, I do not think its Obi, it just does not look like him. It seems like a male jedi, but darker than the wear Kenobi has in that scene.

I was hoping to see more SNOTing in the Sail Barge model, but I can understand the figures over model approach TLG has elected.

As for a new AT-AT, I have little interest in this model unless it is UCS.

Agreed, just look at the new Battle of Hoth set- it's got about the same minifigs as 7666 Hoth Rebel Base, and a similar snowspeeder and probe droid. However, 7666 had the huge opening doors, which is much larger than the wimpy turret and bunkers we get in Battle of Hoth. The catch is they're the same price (in USD at least)- it's ridiculous!

Your statement is quite misleading -- aside from the fact it contains an exclusive minifig, many Hoth diorama enthusiasts will welcome the additional Rebel/Snow Troopers (especially since the Battle packs are discontinued). Moreover the trenches are new and so is the cannon. IOW there is sufficient new content. The set is clearly made to be used in conjunction with 7666 -- and let's not forget the rather wasteful yellow "cranes" contained in that set.

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall