graphite

MOC: Switch track station with power function motor

Congratulations! It looks great and works very well!

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Creative build there Graphite!

Would you be able to create a video with the shack sides removed so we can better see the mechanics of the design?

Also, would you be able to document a break down and build up of your design through pictures on your picture host(Flickr,Brickshelf,Etc.)?

Great job and thanks for sharing!

Here are some images of the inside. I can't really take a video of it with the sides off because the building holds the technic parts and the motor up so it would probably just flop around when i turned the motor on. The 24 tooth gear in the pictures is actually a 24 tooth clutch in my building and the black fork piece just represents the http://www.bricklink...asp?P=92693c01 piece since I couldnt find either in LDD. I also had to adjust where the fork was and moved it further towards the back side of the motor, but that was only because the roof of my building ended up over hanging the track not allowing the trains to go by so I had to position the fork so that the building could be a bit further from the track. I had hoped to fully encompass the switch lever within my building design but then added the overhanging roof which killed that idea.

Some of my piece choices were just from what I had available and was trying to make sure the motor didn't torque too much inside the building. When I get around to building more I'll probably change it up some and make a few different buildings, but for now I want to work on a control box and figure out how I want to wire my train table for more of them.

build1.jpg

build2.jpg

build3.jpg

Edited by graphite

It could probably be made with the M PF motor as well, which is skinnier but I just had the XL ones laying around. Am going to order a couple M's to try out so I can look at more of a compact design without a building as part of it.