Sign in to follow this  
Trainee

Modular Madness : Dings & Dents

indexed.gif B-OM-32E

Good day all, phew just made it in time lol.

Well below is my entry for the Modular Madness catagory 3 competition.

I remade this building so many times with loads of different ideas but found that sometimes, somethings need to be simple.

The idea that I have finished with is a bachelor apartment above a small repair garage owned and operated by the same person.

The main front view open for customers.

7660461820_1877b1959e_c.jpg

Angled front view to show the sign.

7660463022_1c9d82fe8b_c.jpg

Rear view

7660464010_538227db4e_c.jpg

Ground floor Garage & roof entertainment area.

7660458132_8f9b213b3e_c.jpg

3rd floor main living area, 2nd floor snack machine for customers and the apartments bathroom.

7660458666_db30f1dcf7_c.jpg

I hope you enjoy my first ever MOC (think I call it that) and I wish everyone in the competition all the best of luck.

More pics can be viewed at Lego Trainee on Flickr

Edited by Phred

Awesome building Trainee! It's great to see a repair garage inside a large modular! I love the variety of interior designs and features. Good luck default_classic.gif

Excellent modular building 'Trainee', nice exterior and great roof top entertaining area too ! :thumbup:

Though for a crash repairers work shop it's a little small.....but goo luck anyway 'Trainee' and Brick On ! :classic:

Thanks for the comments, the workshop is small but as the sign says it's just for dings and dents nothing major. So long as the owner can make enough money to feed his entertaining habit he's more than happy lol.

Excellent work on the exterior details, the mailbox is a nice touch :thumbup: I also like the tiles around the arched entry into the garage and the interiors are very good too, all around a great entry :classic:

I really like the backyard pond - nice touch! The interior could use a bit of tileing though. . .

Neat little build here. I really like the middle section with the tan bricks and white tiles. I haven't considered that color scheme together before. But I don't particularly care for that section being like that and then the one right below it being the opposite. I really like the stairway in the back though.

Keep up the good work. Good luck in the contest. There is some really good competition for sure.

I did consider whether to tile the floors but due to lack of lego and the limitations tiling can give you sometimes I decided not to. I think there is a lot of enphasis on tiling floors when there is no real need to. This build has used up maybe 90% of my lego bricks hence why I have had to swap and change the colour scheme from floor to floor but still trying to tie everything in so it does'nt look to out of place. I thought I would of had enough lego for this build to go the way I wanted it to and was suprised how fast you start to run out lol. Incase you don't notice some of the details, I tryed to make the canopy over the baywindow look like the front end of a car, it took me 5 different ideas before I settled with this. The heaters flame effect was inspired by the shooting discs you get from the Exforce sets, they have a yellow/red spirly pattern that looks like fire. I couldn't fit a mail box slot into my design without spoiling what I had. So i came up with the idea of the corner tile and a slope, which worked suprisingly well.

Edited by Trainee

That's an excellent entry. :wink: I especially like the little underpass there and the curved window at the front.

I'm not too sure about the exterior of the first floor, with those small windows. But your colour choices are nice, the idea (and execution) of the rooftop design is great, and in general, you're very good with interiors. I wouldn't worry about the lack of tiling - none of the official modulars have tiling above the ground floor, either. For a first ever MOC, I'd say you should be very happy with this!

I like it! Good choice of colours and nice interior. My favourite part I think is the stairs to the roof.