Hinckley

Expand the Winter Village II

does it have to be open backed or can it be closed? does the base plate need to be the same 10 stud wide? or can it be wider? longer? I know they need to be around the same size but whats the limit?

There really isn't a limit unless it becomes exponentially bigger than the current sets. Listen, just build something. Don't overthink it. The rule is purposely vague so you can still have freedom but will disqualify anyone who builds a 3000 piece modular building with a 4000 piece carousel on the side. :thumbup:

Since I'm only aloud one entry, can I?

• Post all of my Winter buildings (I'm planning several) and choose 1 to enter
  • Post each building on the forum, then choose one to enter
  • Or do I have to wait until they are all built, and 1 is entered?

Post all of my Winter buildings (I'm planning several) and choose 1 to enter

When can we expect news on the prizes?

Gee, I don't know. Last year, I didn't announce the prizes until the winners were announced.

Should it have 8/8.5 minifigs? With the toy shop, we got 7, then 7.5, then 8...just wondering...

Every entry should have 8.5 minifigs, no more, no less. :hmpf: <--That is sarcasm!!!

I'm not answering any more questions like this one. I feel it's more than clear what's expected from the rules, clarifying questions and the answers I've already given.

Have another month to enter the Expand the Winter Village II Contest! With winter just getting started, are you looking for something to do? Join the Expand the Winter Village II contest in the Town Forum! There are a lot of great prizes available!

1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes (1st place gets 1st choice, etc...)

10222.jpg

10222 Winter Village Post Office

10216.jpg

10216 Winter Village Bakery

10199.jpg

10199 Winter Village Toy Shop

4th place

7553.jpg

7533 City Advent Calendar

Other prizes for participants

40022.jpg

3 40022 Mini Santa sets

40023.jpg

3 40023 Holiday Stocking sets

40024.jpg

3 40024 Christmas Tree sets

So enter today for a chance to have some fun and earn a cool prize!

The Rules

• All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.

Can we build with LDD? Or only real bricks?

As you can see, only real bricks are allowed. :classic:

Anyone have a link to last years entry pics? I just wanted to check them out.

How about checking the pinned index "Main Street?" :wink:

Hey guys!!

Im trying to upload my photos of my entry for the winter village expansion contest, but I keep getting an error saying that my photos are too big.

ive reszed them down to 400 x 300 and still it wont let me. any ideas on what im doing wrong?

Hey guys!!

Im trying to upload my photos of my entry for the winter village expansion contest, but I keep getting an error saying that my photos are too big.

ive reszed them down to 400 x 300 and still it wont let me. any ideas on what im doing wrong?

You can't upload images as a new member. You need to have a Flickr account and post the images through the URL tag.

A voting thread will be put up tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who participated. :sweet:

The following entries have pictures embedded that are hosted on Brickshelf, which is still down at the moment:

Please upload your pictures elsewhere and embed them in your entry thread as soon as possible. It will be hard to get people to vote for you if they can't actually see your entries. :wink:

Edit: Brickshelf seems to be back online.