Sirens-of-Titan

Mitgardia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

First Noctournas invade Mitgardia's Guild Thread and now Avalonia...we need more watchtowers and a moat with crocodiles.

:rofl:

well, I guess where you guys are headding, this is the one I took out in the shade

sscn0090.jpg

I might simply retake my latest mocs with the sun that's out there right now, and get the right background ... (and a new camera)

Edited by kabel

Looking good kabel! If sunlight works for you go for it. :thumbup: Spring summer and early fall are good for pictures outside; it's winter that really makes artificial light a necessity, so use those sunbeams while you can! :wink:

well, I guess where you guys are headding, this is the one I took out in the shade

Looks great man! Very sharp and great colors! See, even Avalonians aren't useless!

Just wanted to say thanks for the helpful tips on taking pictures :thumbup: I will have to try taking some outside, I have been taking them on a solar porch. I'll see which works better.

the funny thing is, that these are pics I took last year August for the first stage of my Stoneroda MOC, which never gained much attention though. However, since GOH started late in the fall, I was not able to use these kind of lighting conditions again until a few days ago. Now that the sun is back on my balcony, I will redo the pics of my cog as well as of the Valholl series, as I haven't ripped them apart yet!

the funny thing is, that these are pics I took last year August for the first stage of my Stoneroda MOC, which never gained much attention though. However, since GOH started late in the fall, I was not able to use these kind of lighting conditions again until a few days ago. Now that the sun is back on my balcony, I will redo the pics of my cog as well as of the Valholl series, as I haven't ripped them apart yet!

Another thing to worry about is dust gathering on your MOC's. It's something that is hardly noticeable with low quality pictures, but as you move into good quality crisp photography, that fine film of dust really hurts the appearance of MOC's. This only happens if they are on display. I never display anything and keep all my current builds in upside down bins like these:

plstic-bin-590.jpg

(I.e. the lid is on the floor and the bin part acts like a big transparent "lid") This really helps to keep the dust off, and I've had entire displays sitting stagnant for months and still look as crisp as the day they were built. I highly recommend cleaning your bricks if that's possible. :thumbup:

Another thing to worry about is dust gathering on your MOC's.

I fear I will need to get out a toothbrush and some canned air for Brickworld.

My entry for the slums challenge is finished, I just need to take some pictures. Then I will probably make another defenses entry :classic:

Another thing to worry about is dust gathering on your MOC's. It's something that is hardly noticeable with low quality pictures, but as you move into good quality crisp photography, that fine film of dust really hurts the appearance of MOC's. This only happens if they are on display. I never display anything and keep all my current builds in upside down bins like these:

plstic-bin-590.jpg

(I.e. the lid is on the floor and the bin part acts like a big transparent "lid") This really helps to keep the dust off, and I've had entire displays sitting stagnant for months and still look as crisp as the day they were built. I highly recommend cleaning your bricks if that's possible. :thumbup:

Most of my moc's that do collect dust are too tall or too wide to fit in one of those. You can cut open garbage bags and lay'em over bigger mocs.

cannot load pictures?

never mind finally figured it out. hopefully will post challenge 3 in next 2 days then teardown and slum challenge

Edited by glenpinpat

My entry to the slums mini-challenge is up:

overview.JPG

And I finished my second entry to the defenses mini-challenge,

should have pics and

video (means it functions :wink: )

up soon.

Edit: And its up:

011.JPG

Link to topic: My link

Edited by soccerkid6

My challenge 3 entry has been posted. My first time posting pictures. It took me to realise that where my cursor is is where my pictures end up. My photography sucks but hopefully will inprove for future challenges. Now to dismantle and on to slums!!!

Hello Mitgardians,

Just a week left until challenge 3 comes to a close. If you're close to finishing you MOC's please get them in ASAP.

A note about prizes:

I am happy to say that the custom minfigure prizes are about 2 -3 weeks away from being shipped out to winners of current and past contests! :thumbup:

Also: Those who entered Ecclesiastes' mini challenges; great job so far! Go get those figures, they sure a re an alluring prize! :wink:

Lastly:

I'm taking ideas for a group build we Mitgardians can do together after challenge 3 is done,. (Think something like CC community build) Let me know what you want to see! :thumbup:

After a while I've finally decided to join the Mitgardia Guild.

My sigfig is called Jaeric, a renown Ranger who ventures throughout the farthest regions and borders of Mitgardia,

where he roams the layout of the land and documents it's wildlife.

Jaeric is not just a warrior but also a beast tamer, so as you can guess he tracks down creatures such as dragons.

Instead of slaying them (most of the time) Jaeric would try to capture these creatures in hopes to train them for Mitgardia's military.

mitgardiasigfig1.jpg

Is there still time for me to compete in the third challenge?

Welcome to the Guild Jaeric! :thumbup:

It's an honor and a pleasure to have you in the mighty northern guild! Looking forward to seeing your MOC's. :wink:

There's a week left for challenge 3, it ends on the 12th, so if you think you can complete it by then please join in!

The Air Shrine, where the air crystal resides:

7143754383_caabdcb7b9.jpg

now to place it in the scene. Counting down the those last days...

That is beautiful Cara!

7143754383_caabdcb7b9.jpg

Stunning! I can't wait to see the entire entry.

Wow Cara! That really is a gorgeous shrine! Can't wait to see the entire entry.

And Stormbringer: Great you chose Mitgardia! I really like your creations on your mocpage so I'm looking forward to see your creations in Mitgardia.

Can the northern rangers call the help of Jaeric whenever they aren't able to slay a monster in the north?

Cara, not fair! You know my overwhelming love for cheese-slope mosaics will make me heavily biased! :laugh: (Good thing I'm not judging Mitgardian entrees)

It looks stunning, from the photo quality to the colors used to the angles... :wub:

Good to see Mitgardia becoming a powerhouse of excellent builders! :wink:

Looks stunning Cara! Really like the mosaic, columns, and arches, and the build in the background looks to be quite awesome also. Looks like it will be a top contender! :thumbup:

@Cara: the color transition on the pillars is stunning :thumbup: Looking forward to seeing it finished :classic:

Thank you guys for the encouragement! I have to post little bits to feel like I'm getting somewhere otherwise I'm in danger of not finishing.

@Alex the building-like arches in the background are part of the pathway.