Sirens-of-Titan

Mitgardia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

That looks great! One of my first ideas was also to incorporate a giant statue in the crystal tomb, but I couldn't get the design right, so I dismissed the idea, but this one looks great.

I got pictures taken yesterday but didn't have time to post them. No snow, as I am going to need that for my entry to Challenge 3, which I can start work on now :classic: So here is my free build: Sir Glorfindel's Castle in Mitgardia

6884304054_8479b7c37f.jpg

7030424011_ed07d6da15.jpg

Link to more pictures: Mitgardian Castle

And a link to thread: My link

Any comments or criticism welcome!

Edit: This got frontpaged on Toys N Bricks: My link

Scroll down a little and you will see it. This is due no doubt to the fact that not many MOCs are posted there :laugh:

Edited by soccerkid6

Who of you guys is entering challenge 3? I am, I'm in a pretty far stadium of completing the mocs, but I made the small mistake that I built it in chronological order, so my brick collection is nearing depletion and I still have to build the crystal chamber. So thats a minor setback and I wasnt planning to take down some mocs so I'll have to go creative on the final part.

I will be entering, I am probably 1/2 of the way done with the main scene. But the easy parts are what is left, I think I will have time and pieces to make a couple other scenes to go with it.

With regards to running out of parts, you can always build, take pictures disassemble and build the final parts with us none-the-wiser. I reuse parts from scene to scene a lot when they are rare and especially when I start to run out of bricks. :wink:

With regards to running out of parts, you can always build, take pictures disassemble and build the final parts with us none-the-wiser. I reuse parts from scene to scene a lot when they are rare and especially when I start to run out of bricks. :wink:

Yeah I was thinking of that and it may be the best way to achieve the mocs I was going for. I don't see a cool crystal chamber coming together with the leftover bricks I currently have at my disposal.

BTW, I realized I don't own a trans clear crystal, like I should! Can I use an other one and just "imagine" it's the correct one, or use some round clear 1x1 stacked on top of each other or something. I am at the moment not in the position to put in a bricklink and I have no idea in which current set it is included... :hmpf_bad:

I would like to enter if I get time, but that's in short supply since its Easter. And I'll have to get it finalised asap if I do because I'll need to order some clear parts.

BTW guys, how do you put small images of your MOCs in your profile footer?

Edited by Cara

@Cara: Welcome aboard! Participation in this guild has hit a rather low level in recent weeks, so new members are always welcome. If you want to add pics to your singnature you have to go to your setting and change the about me page

BTW: the BS folder of my latest Valholl moc is public now. Maybe you now feel more inclined to comment on it :wink: And if you think it sucks, don't be afraid to tell me!

discussion here

Edited by kabel

@Cara: Welcome aboard! Participation in this guild has hit a rather low level in recent weeks, so new members are always welcome.

Indeed we lost a lot of active members. But I think something like making builds for the capital as they do in Albion, will give a boost to the production of more mocs for Mitgardia. At least I hope, because even when the Jarl gives out rewards(micro-challenge), it didn't help a lot either.

Edited by Ecclesiastes

I think something like making builds for the capital as they do in Albion, will give a boost to the production of more mocs for Mitgardia.

well, I've made two chapters of Valholl already, but with only two guys from this guild commenting on the last one my motivation too starts to deminish ...

Hey guys, it's true there hasn't been a lot of activity lately, but that shouldn't be something to lose faith over. A lot of members are busy and will be back in full force in the summer. I know that I'm swamped quite a bit right now, so let's give it another round or two to get the excitement level back up.

The prizes are taking way to long, I agree, and we will have those out to winners of the past 2 rounds as soon as they come in. (probably within a few weeks)

Ecclesiastes, I sent your Valholl Build prize out yesterday, it should be reaching you within the week. :thumbup:

@kabel: You Valholl builds are wonderful, I wouldn't lose faith over the number of comments. It frequently happens that you invest a lot of time money and creativity into a MOC and it gets a total of a few day's attention online and then dies down. That, for better or worse, is the nature of MOC building; I know that I don't comment on every single creation I like even though I think "oh wow that's clever". You should build because you love it and because you want to stay true to your vision. Chances that someone online will appreciate your time and effort and thin, so building to please is something I've learned to avoid. If the few people I know and respect tell me they like my MOC's it doesn't matter if it gets blogged or featured or commented on a thousand time; I'm still happy another person took the time to let me know they like it. :wink:

Unfortunately I fear this may be the reason a lot of people have stopped building. We turned this from a community build into a series of contests that are won by one person per guild, and that may have put a damper on some people's enthusiasm to build and express themselves. I'm gonna add a poll up to see what you guys think of GoH so far.

well, I've made two chapters of Valholl already, but with only two guys from this guild commenting on the last one my motivation too starts to deminish ...

There are other members who also get discouraged. I think we all need to try a little more to make sure we say how much we appreciate a MOC. It just gets hard with all the stuff that ends up on here! Don't fret- you are a good builder and I enjoy seeing your MOCs at least!

There are other members who also get discouraged. I think we all need to try a little more to make sure we say how much we appreciate a MOC. It just gets hard with all the stuff that ends up on here! Don't fret- you are a good builder and I enjoy seeing your MOCs at least!

Yeah, I have been trying to comment on more stuff than I used to. It's just to easy to be lazy :laugh:

An encouragement to fellow Mitgardians, I am planning on staying very active :classic:

I will be entering challenge 3. I am 99% done. Just need to make a few custom figures and take pictures. I had to order parts for this challenge as I had no clear chrystals. After challenge 3 I will post severel free mocs but need the parts that are in challenge 3.

I can imagine, putting a lot of effort in something you've build, but not much recognition. I always try to comment on most builds because I think even a: "That looks nice/great" is really appreciated, and it doesn't take more than a minute. And that minute can give an enormous boost to someone. Although it's also mostly about the fun of building, getting comments is always nice!

Unfortunately I fear this may be the reason a lot of people have stopped building. We turned this from a community build into a series of contests that are won by one person per guild, and that may have put a damper on some people's enthusiasm to build and express themselves. I'm gonna add a poll up to see what you guys think of GoH so far.

I think an evaluation isn't that bad, because ofcourse it's nice to win a joust. But I think a lot more people will start building if there were more but smaller prices. Like round one our guild had five "winners". I think it's better to stick with that.

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Some work in progress pics:

6911368234_d78a92c724.jpg

Work in Progress by JBlaze1989, on Flickr

Breezerock Cabin, where the party gets the quest to look for the Crystal of Air.

6911368644_a18a3df66a.jpg

Close-up of one of the guards and Virgil, the so called hero of the quest.

7057454545_43b4718119.jpg

The entrance to a forgotten city of the legendary Snow Elves, high in the mountains.

6911369938_cc153245ea.jpg

My guardian: Duramarth, the God of Ice. An ancient Ice Dragon who can talk! The area is quickly thrown together, I dont have the bricks at the time to build the Crystal Chamber, where they meet Duramarth.

7057456231_180927f8c7.jpg

Close up of Duramarth. Not the best picture but you get the idea.

Tips, tricks, advice etc is much appreciated, thanks for looking!

Hi there all!

Blaze, thanks for posting the WIP. It looks very impressive. I very much like the tree at the tavern. Oo, and I like ice gods too. Looking forward to the completed build.

I also want you guys to know that I'm just too busy to be more active here. I noticed in the daily update that you discussed the sleepiness of the guild lately and I regret to say I just don't have time to do as much as I want. I will definitely be back when I have some more time on my hands (for example the upcoming May break). In the meantime, just know that I am still following from a distance.

I also filled out the survey.

Looking good so far Blaze, I especially like your snow covered tree :thumbup:

Here is a picture of some of the scenes I made for challenge 3 (the others will just be in my castle). I didn't show everything, as I wanted the main story to be somewhat of a surprise.

6919575144_0760467c67.jpg

Any suggestions on how to improve them are welcome :classic:

I just posted my first part of Challenge 3!

I also had a little question: I used one of my free builds (or what I wanted to use as a free build) in my challenge 3, the cabin, but can I also post it as a free build, because you barely see it and I only really used it as a filler...