Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Fabuland MOC: Billy Goat's Tow Truck

builders_guild.gif

After more than 30 years of loyal service, Billy Goat finally decided to replace his old tow truck.

tn_0344-2_jpg.jpg

6016717887_d52b91d2f0.jpg

6016715195_7482726788.jpg

6017264914_56e840dc35.jpg

Look what the cat goat dragged in. :devil:

6017267700_158aee03f2.jpg

Edited by Rick
Indexed

Really nice model, Rick! Very classy :thumbup:

I'm sure Fabuland drivers are happy to have it around their streets.

Wow! Another excellent job, Rick! Go Fabuland vehicles! Go Fabuland Builders Guild. Are we back on fire again? :grin: I would prefer to see a Fabuland classic car roof on this one. But the rest of it is near perfect. The mudguards seem a little too angular to me as well, but that's just nit-picking now. The front grill and car doors are so clever and I really love how functional the hook is. Really great work. So glad to have momentum in the guild. :wub_drool:

Hey...there's no room for your FBG tag... :wacko:

Another fab Fabuland vehicle Rick! :wub:

It has a lovely colour scheme, and not only looks like Fabuland but also gives off a classic 1950's vibe, too. Hinck's right, the front grille is a great detail, and I'm glad you managed to find some string to make this a working pick-up. :wink:

Moar! :drool:

Really nice model, Rick! Very classy :thumbup:

I'm sure Fabuland drivers are happy to have it around their streets.

Thanks LuxorV. :classic: At least they don't have to despair when their vehicles break down.

Wow! Another excellent job, Rick! Go Fabuland vehicles! Go Fabuland Builders Guild. Are we back on fire again? :grin: I would prefer to see a Fabuland classic car roof on this one. But the rest of it is near perfect. The mudguards seem a little too angular to me as well, but that's just nit-picking now. The front grill and car doors are so clever and I really love how functional the hook is. Really great work. So glad to have momentum in the guild. :wub_drool:

I thought about adding a blue Fabuland roof, but it would require either a longer midsection - which would make the whole vehicle a bit too long for my taste - or ditching the bar with the lights on the back, but that would also extend the cab one stud to the back, which makes the proportions a little odd. If you'd put it on as-is, Billy can't really focus on the road, because his head would be tilted forward. But I may think of a way to make it fit.

The whole tow truck actually started with the idea for the mudguards. I didn't try the rounder mudguards you used on your pickup trucks, because I don't have enough of those pieces. :blush: I indeed like how the front section turned out quite a lot. Thanks for your comments again. :sweet:

Another fab Fabuland vehicle Rick! :wub:

It has a lovely colour scheme, and not only looks like Fabuland but also gives off a classic 1950's vibe, too. Hinck's right, the front grille is a great detail, and I'm glad you managed to find some string to make this a working pick-up. :wink:

Moar! :drool:

Thanks Pandora. :wub: It's based on Chevy pickups from the latter part of the 1930s. I started off on a 1950s version but redid the front, because I felt a 1930s version would fit better with the official Fabuland cars.

Nice job Rick! If I didn't notice it under your signature, I would not have known that you have done another lovely Fabuland MOC. The teal blue colour scheme is very fitting too. I love it. :thumbup: