Lasse D

Lasse's Model Team Construction Yard

Thanks! And I have now fixed the green trailer and made a video of it in action.

Here is the full model:

197_with_trailer.jpg

The trailer has a cooler similar to the Buy'n'Large trailer:

199_front.jpg

The only difference, aside from the livery is the height (1 plate lower) and reviser rear doors to accommodate the height:

199_rear.jpg

Up new is a 6x2 version of the DAF XF Super Space Cab, but this time with PFx brick, loudspeaker, lots of lights and lifting center axle:

161_daf_no_lights_may20.jpg

Very nice moc!! Very clean lines on the truck and trailer. I have some of your earlier MOC’s which are still fantastic especially the cement truck. Always a show stopper.

I always follow your work with much interest! The perfection you reach on this scale is really impressive. I have not yet had the opportunity to build one of your models, but will one day. Interesting to see that you use the PFx Brick.

Thanks, both of you. I'm glad that the models in this scale can be enjoyed.

As for the cement trucks, well, most trucks I built before June 2018, they are not doing so well right now. Here is a video where I go over them and share my plans for the individual models:

Which model would you like to see resurrected, and perhaps improved? I like the idea of rebuilding the huge container crane and have a whole harbour layout at home.

Thanks Paul.

Meanwhile I have finished the trailer for the truck. Here is a video showing all of the functions:

The functions are:

• Sounds (startup, idle, acceleration and reverse beeper)
  • Automatic decoupler and trailer legs
  • Drive and steering
  • Reverse lights
  • Blinkers (front and back + emergency blinkers)
  • Rear lights that also work as brake lights by lighting up when braking/stopping
  • Top projector lights (not PFx controlled and ironically not as bright as the PFx lights)
  • Opening doors and adjustable steering wheel
  • Lifting center axle (not motorized)
  • Rear roller shutter in the trailer

A full picture of the rig:

1daf_xf_oceanic.jpg

Here you can see how the trailer legs are more realistic than the rotating ones I have previously used:

2_connect.jpg

2_connect2.jpg

The roller shutter does not work as well as the standard LEGO version, but it fits better in this scale:

2_oceanic_closed.jpg

2_oceanic_open.jpg

In the front is some greeble for the brake air hose:

3_trailer_legs.jpg

The new-ish macaroni and pizza tiles allow for a completely flat trailer roof:

3_trailer_top.jpg

And for those who cannot recall where the logo is from, maybe this can help:

1_michael_walt_vincent.jpg

While walking their dog Vincent, Michael and his son Walt help out a driver who has become lost.

Building instructions are freely available on Brickhub.org https://brickhub.org/i/588 and introduce a new feature for highlighting new parts similarly to how LEGO does in official building instructions:

6brickhub_org.png

The new Coke Trailer is slowly being built. Each mosaic takes 3-4 days to complete, so progress is sloooow.

4_99.jpg

The new trailer has 2 M-motors hidden between the wheels and the lift is operated using the two small linear actuators. Getting all this, as well as the decoupler mechanism, hidden in there was a huge challenge, but it seems to work!

Here is the current state of the trailer - pictures taken earlier today:

4_98_new_mosaics.jpg

As you can see, I am trying with an all-white logo and a slimmer santa-logo design. The all-white logo is easier to read up-close, while the old dithered logo looks better when you see from afar. With the mechanism of the new trailer being mostly outside of the box, the PF remote is quite visible. It will be interesting to see if I can make the lifting mechanism work together with a top-linked gate as seen in the old trailer.

One of the things I want to get right in the new Coke trailer is the border of lights - or in the case of the LEGO model - border og Glow in the Dark. See it in action in this short 9 seconds video:

Thanks grego18f. I was unaware of the new Scania S line. It is not in my immediate backlog. My plan is to branch out to another couple of brands first.

Here is the latest version of the Renault Magnum. It is nearly identical to the previous one, but instead of the expensive PFx components it has a normal Power Functions receiver and a pair of lights:

Building instructions for the new Magnum with Power Functions can be found here: https://brickhub.org/i/596

The truck and trailer in full:

1_99.jpg

The main change from the previous Renault Magnum is up top where the Power Functions receiver peeks out:

2_renault_magnum_top.jpg

And the roof can be opened to grand access:

2_renault_magnum_open_top.jpg

Other changes include the design of the headlights to accommodate the Power Functions lights:

2_magnum_pf.jpg

and for the building instructions the full coloring of the truck changes with your selection. I show a couple of alternate colors in the video.

2_renault_magnum_rear.jpg

As for the trailer, it is now complete in the first "prototype" version.

3_trailer_front.jpg

As seen in the video, the legs and decoupler work extremely well, and you can also see the Glow In Dark effect as highlighted previously. It seems to not be suffering from the whole floor being upside down.

The main work will be done on the rear opening and lift mechanism:

4_closed.jpg

The top opens, but doesn't close completely - this is one of the things I want to fix.

4_open.jpg

The lift can go up and down, but I would like the closing mechanism to work better so that the cheese slope is not necessary for guiding it closed.

4_up.jpg

Here the two Coke trailers can be seen together for comparison:

5_comparison.jpg

I expect the next update will be with an improved trailer. But I would also like to make a proper truck for it.

Edited by Lasse D
So CTRL+Enter apparently forces a post...

Thanks you. I'm glad that you like it. I have finally finished the building instructions for the trailer: https://brickhub.org/i/607

In the video I show how the trailer compares to the 12 years old one, and how they both interact with the SBrick-controlled truck. It is clear that the new mechanism is both a lot quicker and easier to use than the old motorised one.

1_96.jpg

I also show hot to change the battery (another operation which has been made much easier) and how the rear lift gate operates.

1_98.jpg

2_99.jpg

2_98.jpg

The reason it tool me so long to create building instructions was a combination of me learning to use LDCad, and the fact that this trailer is quite unconventional in its construction. This is the progress after 2 evenings of work:

6_trailer_02d.png

And then again each of the next 4 days:

6_trailer_03d.png

6_trailer_04d.png

6_trailer_05d.png

6_trailer_06d.png

In order to prepare for these instructions I have updated buildinginstructions.js to detect when LDCad creates generated parts so that they show as parts (and not as models due to the .ldr suffix). Also. The website brickhub.org now shows the glow-in-the-dark parts as glowing when you turn the light down:

20200617.png

So all in all the instructions ended up being a 14 day project. On the positive side, all building instructions created in LDCad should from now on show correctly on the website, and if you create something with glow-in-the-dark elements, then they should also work.

1_95.jpg

Who would be interested in a new US style truck for the next model team model?

I am working on a new container lifting mechanism, similar to the one you saw in the red crane many years ago in this thread. For this I have updated the containers

88_6_containers.jpg

As can be seen above, the containers now have a floor. The floor also makes them more robust, and the cost in parts is negligible. In total each container has of 11 of the big 5x11 technic panels.

The Icaras container is almost unchanged. By using jumper plates, the spacing of the lines on the sides is more realistic, and by using a row of tiles on the top and bottom, the exposed technic parts are kept at a minimum.

92_icaras.jpg

The Lunar Industries container has had the *Industries" line removed and the letters have been updated. It is a much cleaner design now

91_lunar_industries.jpg

The OCP container now has the same colors on both sides and I have kept it in the dark colors

95_omni_consumer_products.jpg

There is a new container with a Weyland Yutani logo. We are building better worlds, after all

97_weyland_yutani.jpg

Finally there are a couple without logos:

89_standard_containers.jpg

As you can see, there is a common theme with fictional logos as decorations. Choosing logos is, however, not easy as the canvas is only 10 pixels tall. Do you have any good ideas for logos on the two plain containers?

Once I have a functional lifting mechanism, I will see if I can make a fancy crane - this time one that does not drop containers from 1 meter of height!

The video for the DAF XF Super Space Cab 6 x 2 has received 1000 views, which is truly extraordinary for just two months. I promised to create building instructions if that happened, so here they are: https://brickhub.org/i/643

And here is the presentation video:

I am still trying to figure out a new container lifting mechanism which is safe from dropping containers. No progress worth mentioning just yet.