lightningtiger

MEGA-MOC - Shopping Centre

Great Work Lightning Tiger, with all the little small details bringing out the details of the shops in the mega mall.

The Vodafone booth and Mr Mint's kiosk items are very cool :thumbup:

Looking forward to the next shop and completion of this mall!

Great Work Lightning Tiger, with all the little small details bringing out the details of the shops in the mega mall.

The Vodafone booth and Mr Mint's kiosk items are very cool :thumbup:

Looking forward to the next shop and completion of this mall!

Thank you 'Cavey' for your kind words, once I have the first five shops/businesses build and/or fitted out, I can plan the other three shops and two big stores including a supermarket.

Brick On ! :grin:

So where does this go or is this just a moc ??

Anyway do not stop building !!! :D

What, where and when ? I think you talking about the equipment posted a few hours ago....they are part of the Mega-MOC......suggestions, ideas and comments still very welcome ! :sweet:

Too bad about not having a Lego store- shame there are none 'down under'- in the light of which it was a daft suggestion for a country town. Hell- in the UK we only have two stores outside London (one being Milton Keynes- which is more or less an outer suberb of London), the other being in Cardiff. None at all in Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield, Bristol, etc, or other densely populated areas.

Presumably there are toy shops though- would be interesting to have a small Lego display. Maybe a micro Technic moc made out of wire bag closures (whatever they are called- also used with electric cables when packaged). OK, not 'true' Lego but its hard to make Lego miniatures out of actual Lego!

Excellent MOC so far! This MOC is coming along nicely and is looking more and more like a real shopping centre with every update. It will be interesting to see more developments to this. :thumbup:

Extremely well done so far. :classic:

~buddy~

Thanks 'Buddy', 'Lego12Volt' and 'Legoless' for your kind words, an artist eh ? Yeah, my wife would agree on the artist bit.....a bulls..t artist ! :laugh:

Anyway, seriously the kiosk's should be done today.....fingers crossed ! :blush:

Now feel free to make any other suggestions, you may never know what I'll throw in the mix. :wink:

Quick update and you can start seeing how big this might be. :wink:

0000_1_ss_mm_98.jpg

Yep, I got the key (voices, I hear voices....oop's sorry a 1984 song stuck in my head ! :blush::laugh: ).....two keys - the original and a blank being cut.

0000_1_shopping_centre_091.jpg

Now there will be a wall in front of the shoe repair equipment.....this is just one big playset and that's how I'm designing this.

Comments welcome and keep watching for more updates. :grin:

Will it include supermarkets? (e.g. Woolworths, Coles, Franklins, etc)

Foodland....the mighty South Aussies ! :laugh:

More suggestions....keep them comming ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Okay, I need some help to decide which discount store to use.....

151px-Target_Logo.svg.pngmy%20file%20librarybig-w_logo__250x140retaillogo_140____trx.jpg250px-Kmart_australia.svg.png

Store frontage examples.

Sorry, can't find one for Target. :blush:

DDS1_BIG%20W_bigw.jpg

472430e38ac4f61602a54c69ab38_grande.jpg

Suggest away everyone ! :wink:

Okay, I need some help to decide which discount store to use.....

151px-Target_Logo.svg.pngmy%20file%20librarybig-w_logo__250x140retaillogo_140____trx.jpg250px-Kmart_australia.svg.png

Depends... Which store sells LEGO best! :classic:

What - no Tesco? What about one of each? If we have to pick one, then Target, I say. But they have to have some GIJoe for sale, mate! :thumbup:

This comes along pretty well. I love your Mister Minit designs and the payphone. I'm looking forward to the progress of this.

Okay, that's 1 for Target and two for Kmart.....dam, which means I might have to change the supermarket to Coles or that also might mean two supermarkets....ouch ! :laugh:

Thanks everyone today for your suggestions and kind words......keep watching today (SA time) for the latest news for this creation ! :grin:

Wow- love the travel agents with the brochures, the Mister Minit (we have those in the UK- I thought they were just a British brand), and the clothes shop. Very imaginative builds!

Will there be a speciality ice-cream shop or other snack kiosk such as a pretzel bar with 'real' lemonade (just lemonjuice, sugar and water), doughnut stand, etc?

What about an opticians, perfume shop, jewellers (could use thinly cut coloured foil strips for the display- sweet wrappers maybe), hair salon (with dryers) and a bookshop?

Ah, 'Legoless' if my money stretches it will have most of that.....in fact the relocated chemist will go next to the Mister Minit.....yep, we have quite a few of those in Oz too ! :grin:

Thanks for the suggestions too.....gives me plenty to think about.....Brick On ! :grin:

No I mean that where does the Shopping Centre go,sorry because I lead you wrong. :D

Anyway it´s a great moc.

ps. Here is few ideas for you:

- a restaurant (chinese,italian or just a regular one)

- a barbershop

- a drug store

No I mean that where does the Shopping Centre go,sorry because I lead you wrong. :D

Anyway it´s a great moc.

ps. Here is few ideas for you:

- a restaurant (chinese,italian or just a regular one)

- a barbershop

- a drug store

Oh, I see 'icy brick'......the entire creation goes on the outskirts of the town pretty close to the Ford Dealership.

Plus a drug store in Oz we call chemists and the Chemmart in town itself is being moved into it's new location !

Updates later in a few hours ! :wink:

Brick On....Suggest On (Will there be a Target, BigW or Kmart - dam I should ran a poll :blush: ?)! :grin:

Oh, I see 'icy brick'......the entire creation goes on the outskirts of the town pretty close to the Ford Dealership.

Plus a drug store in Oz we call chemists and the Chemmart in town itself is being moved into it's new location !

Updates later in a few hours ! :wink:

Brick On....Suggest On (Will there be a Target, BigW or Kmart - dam I should ran a poll :blush: ?)! :grin:

If you have Tesco down under I'd vote for that. Not because it is a particularly good supermarket chain (it isn't), but because of the possibility of local drama, a la http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/apr/22/bristol-riot-police-injured.

Damn, I am proud of the city of my birth sometimes (if it wasn't for the violence and from experience police casualties are 'over reported' shall we say). I don't like violence but I do believe in direct action.

[Edit] dammit this site has shortened my weblink again to make it unusable- why does it do that?

:angry:

Edited by Legoless

What, Tiger, no bookshop, magazine stand or comic book store? :hmpf_bad:

Every shopping center should have at least one of those!

Thanks for the comments 'Legoless' and 'Artifex', no Tesco's in Oz and a Newspower newsagent might be on the cards.

I still working on the kiosk's right now.....I have spent a day just sorting out wet parts....yes wet....had a storm on the weekend. :cry_sad:

Ah, well posting within a few hours everyone ! :wink: