Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Review: Stormtrooper Alarm Clock

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I saw the post about the Stormtrooper and Darth Vader alarm clock. I then saw a post that they are on sale at Kmart.

I ran to the nearest Kmart and picked up the Stormtrooper on sale for $22.49 USD.

It is a neat giant mini fig. I only have one issue, and that is the fact that the head is not poseable. You cannot rotate the head. You can push the head down a little and it deactivates the alarm and/or activates the side LEDs to illuminate the clock face.

Only thing this needs is a lego stormtrooper gun to scale of this giant figure.

Here is the receipt

p1040360.jpg

Picture of the box. Ignore the little Stormtrooper minifig. I threw that in there so you get and idea of scale.

p1040359a.jpg

p1040361l.jpg

p1040362w.jpg

p1040363t.jpg

Here is what you see when you open the box.

p1040364m.jpg

Instructions.

p1040365x.jpg

p1040367.jpg

p1040368m.jpg

p1040371x.jpg

p1040374s.jpg

The back of the Stormtrooper.

p1040372.jpg

p1040373s.jpg

Edited by KimT

Cool, thanks for the review! Do you think you can show us a pic of the illuminated face?

Also, you should totally take a pic of the giant stormie about to step on the Vader minifig! :laugh:

Cool! I want one now. Can you post a picture of this lit up?

BTW, you only paid $0.79 tax! That's insanely low.

Cool! I want one now. Can you post a picture of this lit up?

BTW, you only paid $0.79 tax! That's insanely low.

There is a picture of it lit up. The face does not light up. I didnt see anything mentioned in the Instructions.

The picture of the Stormie holding up the Chrome and Black troopers. His tummy is lit up.

There is a picture of it lit up. The face does not light up. I didnt see anything mentioned in the Instructions.

The picture of the Stormie holding up the Chrome and Black troopers. His tummy is lit up.

Okay. So it glows orange? I like blue better, but whatever...

Cool, thanks for the review! Do you think you can show us a pic of the illuminated face?

Also, you should totally take a pic of the giant stormie about to step on the Vader minifig! :laugh:

Here you go. Oh yeah the sales tax in that area is only 3.5%!!!! I just realized the confusion. FBTB mentions an "Illuminated Face". That description is vague. We never considered the fact that the description was refering to the clock's face. Not the mega-fig face.

I guess I will dub these MEGA-FIGS. cause they are not Mini hehe.

dsc3173u.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

What does the alarm sound like? Annoying, too loud, not loud enough? Is it just beeping or music?

Looks awesome btw. If I got one, though, it would have to be my main alarm clock and functionality is important.

What does the alarm sound like? Annoying, too loud, not loud enough? Is it just beeping or music?

Looks awesome btw. If I got one, though, it would have to be my main alarm clock and functionality is important.

It is just a beeping sound. :sceptic:

*huh*

They actually included batteries! :laugh:

(yes, I'm aware this is not a LEGO set by TLG, but still)

So even with the locked head, this is still more poseable than the maquettes, right?

*huh*

They actually included batteries! :laugh:

(yes, I'm aware this is not a LEGO set by TLG, but still)

So even with the locked head, this is still more poseable than the maquettes, right?

Yep. Legs and arms move like a normal Minifig.

Nice. A pity there isn't a cover to go over the display when you want to use him in an MOC.

I just realized the confusion. FBTB mentions an "Illuminated Face". That description is vague. We never considered the fact that the description was refering to the clock's face. Not the mega-fig face.

Oh. That makes more sense I guess. I was wondering how the hell a black Vader head could illuminate. :wacko: Thanks. Thanks for the funny pic too! :thumbup:

Hands too?

It might be a nice challenge MOCing a blaster for this guy. :sweet:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Oh. That makes more sense I guess. I was wondering how the hell a black Vader head could illuminate. :wacko: Thanks. Thanks for the funny pic too! :thumbup:

Hands too?

It might be a nice challenge MOCing a blaster for this guy. :sweet:

Yep. Hands rotate at the wrist.

I was thinking about it. But getting the angle of the blaster grip will be a bit of a challenge.

I got the Darth Vader- I really like it, but I wish it was more functional- you can't have it lit all the time, so you can't see it at night unless you push the head (and wake up your wife), and I wish it was a radio too...

Thanks for the review Solscud007 :thumbup:

He doesn't look half bad, but I agree with Brickdoctor that it would have been nice if it had a cover to go over the alarm display.

Thats cool his legs, arms and hands rotate. :thumbup:

Nice funny shot! :sweet:

CF

Edited by CommanderFox

Thanks for the review Solscud007 :thumbup:

He doesn't look half bad, but I agree with Brickdoctor that it would have been nice if it had a cover to go over the alarm display.

Thats cool his legs, arms and hands rotate. :thumbup:

Nice funny shot! :sweet:

CF

Did it come with the minifig? Anything special about the minifig, or is it identical to the standard stormies.

Did it come with the minifig? Anything special about the minifig, or is it identical to the standard stormies.

No i just put the minifig in for scale. I actually made that disclaimer in my post.

I got the Darth Vader- I really like it, but I wish it was more functional- you can't have it lit all the time, so you can't see it at night unless you push the head (and wake up your wife), and I wish it was a radio too...

Nah, radio is a bit much. However I would like a feature to deactivate the beeping sound.

No i just put the minifig in for scale. I actually made that disclaimer in my post.

It's a bit misleading though when you say "here is what you see when you open the box". I was confused at first too.

I would like a feature to deactivate the beeping sound.

So, does it beep every time you hit the head? That sucks. :sceptic:

It's a bit misleading though when you say "here is what you see when you open the box". I was confused at first too.

So, does it beep every time you hit the head? That sucks. :sceptic:

It jsut means people need to read more closely hehe. :laugh:

The text above the first box pic says:

Picture of the box. Ignore the little Stormtrooper minifig. I threw that in there so you get an idea of scale.

Thanks for the review, I need one of these more the more I see them! I hope they appear in Sweden soon.

It looks nice enough. I think I'll hold out for Luke though.

GL with that. I havent researched it, but I have only heard of Lukes sighted in Canada.

...I first saw both Stormtrooper and Darth Vader alarm clocks on eBay a few weeks ago (selling for US$49.99 each plus shipping), so I checked the internet (out of curiosity of how much it really cost). Found it on Amazon.Com for US$29.99 each, no sales tax and no shipping. Bought the Stormtrooper for myself and Darth Vader for my wife (birthday gift). Will open both around Christmas-time. So if you don't have a K-Mart nearby, your best best is to buy it online. Hope this helps to those who wants one or two...