How do you rate this set?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

I think it's a great army builder set. I openned mine, and the figures look good to display on your MOCs.

I regret there is only one armor in each BP (and only in the Dragon BP) and that the Lions didn't get any armored figure.

I regret there are no horses, too; I believe at least one horse/pack would suffice.

Too many regrets, one might say, but still a good display and army builder.

I like and 100% agree with Sirens-of-Titan on his purchasing idea. The extras and especially the horses convince me that the BP's are not necessary - and nothing but an inferior product.

Did anyone else realized the missprinted crest at the shields?

After long time of waiting (the Mail Order sended it to the worng adress) I got my own BP.

The weapons do not fall so easy like in the video(but at 2 of the 5 minifigs fall easier than the weapons of normal minifigs), there are slightly different colours but all in all my BP is ok. The only point I do not like is the missprinted crest of the shield! Booo.

Edited by josykay

I bought four BPs. Two from Lego.com and two from a local toy-store.

All BPs suffer from parts having too much clutch power and too little clutch power.

This issue is in all BPs, and across minifigs.

Probably the machines used to produce them have a tolerance which is set too high.

All in all it is annoying, when paying 15 bucks for mini-figures I demand top quality.

If they were 5 bucks I could live with it. But this is not okay for me.

The printing appears to be good in the battle-packs, but I have the white turning pink issue in some of the regular sets. :sceptic:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Well I followed through with my plan and got 4 prison carriages and 2 knights showdowns. I mounted all the knights on horses and I gotta say they look beautiful. :wub:

I'm certainly happier with my purchase than I would be with battle packs, and I can't wait to see what's coming up for this line!

Edited by Sirens-Of-Titan

That really is upsetting, :thumbdown:

When did Lego give up on quality? That was a major reason i loved it back in the 90's so much; all the pieces were solid. To, even if only a part of a minifigure is flawed it ruins the entire figure. :sceptic:

Can you please post a pic with a battle pack soldier and a regular set soldier just for comparison please?

For some reason, they did a long time ago in regards to minifig sets. It seems that it is impossible to buy minifig oriented sets without finding all these issues. It has become a tradition with all battle packs, magnet sets and the 2010 collectible minifigs, they are just not the same quality as the sets' minifigs , and I don't know why.

It doesn't matter to me, even if the quality isn't that good, I have to get at least four of these! Long live the dragons!

It doesn't matter to me, even if the quality isn't that good, I have to get at least four of these! Long live the dragons!

True, but judging by the last castle line, we are a few short months away from a big dragons set with tons of troops, where I will buy multiples and thus get a dragons force. (It really is inevitable that this will happen\n, and when it does, I would rather have saved my money for an army builder with quality) :classic:

I was originally contemplating purchasing this pack but after your review I think I'll either wait for the next wave of sets to get more figs or buy them separately.

The quality issue isn't suprising since I've heard from friends about the generally lower quality of minifig sets. I've had a lot of beef with castle sets every since they transitioned from the hard ABS swords to the soft ones. It was made worse when I got a minifig with such tight clutch that the sword handle has plastic coming off :\

Looks cool and I love the Green Dragons colour scheme, but no many of you here speak of low quality?? For my entire life LEGO has been a high quality toy, that's why it's not a cheap one!

I'm going to buy this, I guess.

There's something else I don't like - the packaging of these "battle packs". I want them in a standart box, like the sets of the 80's or 90'! I want the box, not this wierd plastic "shield" you can't use to store stuff in it after you open it for the first time. I hope you get what I mean.

True, but judging by the last castle line, we are a few short months away from a big dragons set with tons of troops, where I will buy multiples and thus get a dragons force. (It really is inevitable that this will happen\n, and when it does, I would rather have saved my money for an army builder with quality) :classic:

I would love to see bigger sets with the Dragon Knight. Like a bigger castle :)

Looks cool and I love the Green Dragons colour scheme, but no many of you here speak of low quality?? For my entire life LEGO has been a high quality toy, that's why it's not a cheap one!

I'm going to buy this, I guess.

There's something else I don't like - the packaging of these "battle packs". I want them in a standart box, like the sets of the 80's or 90'! I want the box, not this wierd plastic "shield" you can't use to store stuff in it after you open it for the first time. I hope you get what I mean.

I would love to see bigger sets with the Dragon Knight. Like a bigger castle :)

Ditto. *start rant* It might be nicer for the kiddies so they don't have to open the box, find the pointless instructions, *sigh* and then build the minifigs. That's just too much work! :tongue: I guess TLG just wants them to cut themselves on the plastic packaging. I remember opening Nerf guns and getting blisters from those weird twist-tie things. Anyway, I'm mostly concerned about the printing issue. Overall, would you say it's noticable when side-by-side with the default figures? *end rant*

EDIT: Never mind on my second rant, online it shows the in-box picture, and everything's normal.

-Santhor

Edited by Santhor

I bought one battlepack of each faction yesterday, and both of them had issues with the clutch power of the minifig's hands. The weapons fell off quite easily, especially where the weapon handles were "fatter" (halberds and swords have slightly bigger handles than spears or shields), so I had the following assumption:

If a minifigure holds a weapon for a long time, say, half a year, the clutch power of the hand weakens. Maybe the minifig hands can hold their weapons better after some time witout holding anything?

I took the weapons off the battlepack minifigs almost immediately after I unpacked them. Now, one day later, they seem to hold the weapons better, the "click"-sound is much more satisfying than the day before. Now, if I put a 1x1 round brick on each hand of those minifigs for a few days (thus tightening the minifig hand grip) , I'm pretty sure they'll hold their weapons just as tight as any lego minifig. Let's call this the "minifig clutch power therapy" :grin:

I'm not saying the quality of the battlepack figs is on par with the minifig in regular kingdoms sets, but I blame the weak grip on the weapons on the packaging with weapons already in their hands. I don't have any BPs fom previous years, so I don't know about them, but I think this is not an issue of production quality.