DLuders

Nathanael Kuipers' SUPERCAR Now With CAD

Many many many thanks for the instructions Therion!

I was really confused with all these CAD and LDview programms.

Does anybody know how many pieces are used for this set?

It's about 2500 pieces the two sets combined. It would be awesome to

build a 2500 pieces Technic set!

I took a quick look in the instructions and it seems to be a very

challenging build.

[bUMP]

For those who missed NK's Supercar ("An AWD double wishbone suspension convertible supercar with special doors Sets used - 1 x 8458 Silver Champion and 1x 8466 Offroader"), I uploaded a copy of the 35.8-MB PDF Building Instructions onto SkyDrive (since the Rapidshare link above is no good anymore, and MegaUpload is dead).

supercar_mlcad.jpg

Edited by DLuders

I almost finished an updated version of the instructions. Some parts in the current instructions are a bit too hard to follow...

Probably by the end of this week I'll post a link to the new version.

Since I got 8458 in very good condition for a descent prize yesterday at ebay, I´m looking forward to build Nathanaels Supercar. The only thing missing is 8466 :blush: , I will hopefully get one by the end of march, really have to spare some money for it ´cause 8466 is ruinously expensive.

But isn´t there another Supercar which one can build only from parts of the 8458?

fitzi

Since I got 8458 in very good condition for a descent prize yesterday at ebay, I´m looking forward to build Nathanaels Supercar. The only thing missing is 8466 :blush: , I will hopefully get one by the end of march, really have to spare some money for it ´cause 8466 is ruinously expensive.

But isn´t there another Supercar which one can build only from parts of the 8458?

fitzi

Everything you'll need is right HERE.

I wonder how Nathanael Kuipers was able to post (and retain) a PDF on his Brickshelf gallery. I thought Brickshelf stopped hosting PDFs ~3 years ago; it would be great if they are allowing them again since they upgraded their server. Does anybody know for sure?

I wonder how Nathanael Kuipers was able to post (and retain) a PDF on his Brickshelf gallery. I thought Brickshelf stopped hosting PDFs ~3 years ago; it would be great if they are allowing them again since they upgraded their server. Does anybody know for sure?

I have one too. It seems that PDFs which were already there were "grandfathered" and allowed to remain when the new rule was instituted. No new PDFs can be posted now, but the old ones are still there.

Updated manual is available at depositfiles (35mb download)

If you got stuck using the old manual, you may want to check this one out :wink:

If anyone is interested, I might do the GT-car next... :sweet:

Edited by Therion

If anyone is interested, I might do the GT-car next... :sweet:

I am certainly interested. I did quite a bit of cleanup work on the GT Car CAD file because it was not complete. You are welcome to use my file if you like. It still needs a bit of work.

I am certainly interested. I did quite a bit of cleanup work on the GT Car CAD file because it was not complete. You are welcome to use my file if you like. It still needs a bit of work.

Thanks, but that won't be necessary. :wink:

Instructions are ready!

I must say it was a real challenge :grin:

gt_car_finished.png

You can download them here (63mb)

I've made a few changes to Nathanaels original GT-Car, but nothing major. It's still 99% original, and still contains only parts from sets 8458 and 8466. I've used a few green panels, added lower sideskirts, and the front hood is a little different.

Happy building!

Thanks for the updated instructions. Now to find a place to print them out affordably.

I've been sitting on 8458 and 8466 for a long time and finally this weekend, I gave 8458-1 to my nephew to build first. So what order to do these models in? Does this look about right?

8458 Silver Champion - Model 1

8458 Silver Champion - Model 3 by Nathanel Kuipers

8466 4x4 Off-Roader - official model

8458+8466 NK's Ninja Convertible

8458+8466 GT Car

8458 Silver Champion - Model 1

8458 Silver Champion - Model 3 by Nathanel Kuipers

8466 4x4 Off-Roader - official model

8458+8466 NK's Ninja Convertible

8458+8466 GT Car

I'd switch the order of the last two. The "Ninja" or "supercar" is the most advanced (more than the GT car) and should be done last. That's the one I kept assembled.

dsc_3137small.jpg

Thanks, Blakbird. I was just going on instruction file size as I hadn't looked at the features of the Ninja Convertible which I have now over at MOCPages. And yes, that's probably the model that I want to end up with in the end, as well.

Now to cost out printing out those manuals. yeah... go green, build it off the screen....

perfect! My models are apart now waiting for a move. Now I can build this without having to disassemble the originals.

Steve

Where can I get a first version building instruction for nathanael's GT car. When I click on the "brickshelf" MPD file all I get is text, no graphics. From what I read about N Kuipers, I need to build his designs if I want to learn.